Isolated BDSM Blurts - Roosters are Vicious

• Thread starter La damnee elle la licorne
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. Russian, Indian, Greek or Italian take-out food? Can't decide, can't decide.

Do we get to vote? If so...Indian!

Oh. If there is sufficient demand for people to decide for me (for whatever reason), I'll make it a poll next time.

Unfortunately, Indian cuisine was eliminated for today. I'm not in the mood for a burning anus at the moment.

Oh. If there is sufficient demand for people to decide for me (for whatever reason), I'll make it a poll next time.

Unfortunately, Indian cuisine was eliminated for today. I'm not in the mood for a burning anus at the moment.

:( Damn. I thought it was Burning Anus Thursday. My mistake. Best go Italian then..

*thinks Indian might be the the way to go for lunch*

I've been reading Kalevala, which is the Finnish national epic and tells a lot about the Finnish mythology. There's some really creepy stuff there, but also some pretty awesome stuff, and some stuff that totally explains why Finns are (or at least are considered to be) emotionless. I had to read parts of it in school, but reading the bits between the famous scenes has been really interesting.

Also, the poem about how beer was created is twice as long as the poem about how the world and the first human was created. Priorities!

(The world came to be from an egg. Bees and pollen were key to creating beer, whereas bear saliva was deemed useless in that process and I for one am glad for the lack of bear saliva in my beer. In case you were wondering.)

They're right, moose drool is much more useful.

http://bigskybrew.com/beers/moose-drool/

I will have to put Kalevala on my reading list.
Moose drool doesn't sound very appetizing, either! :eek:

You can find Kalevala online for free, at least one translation. I read parts of it and unfortunately it's completely lost the rhythm in the translation so you can't sing it in English as you can in Finnish, but maybe there are other translations of it, too. Kalevala was also a huge inspiration to Tolkien, so some of the poems are easily recognizable in his works, too. :)

What made me sad:

I found a diseased cat covered in scabs and hairless patches, apparently wearing a shock collar just outside work today. I was going to call the local RSPCA but it was gone by the time I got to a phone.
:(

The alcohol has completely evaporated, I spilled the peroxide, the bandages are dusty, 911 told me to hang up and stop bothering them, and I'm still waiting on a book report.

*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back