How to post collaborative stories

Memomax1975

Virgin
Hi all! Not sure if this has been answered before, but I am currently working on a collab story with another author. Is there a way to post it so it shows up on both authors' list of works?

No.

The only thing you can do is create a combination alt. But the story will just be on its profile.

Otherwise, post on one of your profiles and acknowledge the other author.

Given that collabs are not uncommon, you’d think this would be better supported.

Em

Hi all! Not sure if this has been answered before, but I am currently working on a collab story with another author. Is there a way to post it so it shows up on both authors' list of works?
You can do it this way:

Decide whose account will run the whole story. Then, prepare a short version, say the first thousand words, which will run in the other account, with a link at the end to the full version.

Coordinate publication with Laurel - that is, submit both the long and the intro short at the same time, with the same Note to the Editor. She'll join the stories together with a link. That way, the story gets a feed from both accounts.

Here's an example:

Transgendence - A Collaborative Story (Intro Version)

Note: links at the top and bottom of the intro version.

No.

The only thing you can do is create a combination alt. But the story will just be on its profile.

Otherwise, post on one of your profiles and acknowledge the other author.

Given that collabs are not uncommon, you’d think this would be better supported.

Em
Yes. See my post, above.

Back