God

That is some REALLY weak logic.

Sorry forgot to mention why this is important. Jesus predicted this in the Gospels. The four Gospel writers would definitely have included this in their writings as it was a fulfillment of prophecy and only lent credibility to their argument. They gained nothing by leaving it out.

Sorry forgot to mention why this is important. Jesus predicted this in the Gospels. The four Gospel writers would definitely have included this in their writings as it was a fulfillment of prophecy and only lent credibility to their argument. They gained nothing by leaving it out.

You mean he predicted it in the bible, that was written after the incident that you claim proves your point?

uh huh...

:rolleyes:

By leaving it out, the writings would seem to be older and thus more credible, whether they actually were or not.

Good Article.....

http://nathanparry.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/not-all-will-believe/

...just a few of things from this.....

"The truth is, just as people did not believe then, people will not believe now, and people wont believe in the future. I hear some say there is no evidence for a God, but just as Jesus performed miracles in front of people as evidence to who he was, and they did not believe, evidence today would still not be enough for many to believe in the name of Jesus."

"The Gospel tells us that, each of us as human beings, who are created in the image of God, have committed cosmic treason. We have rejected the King of the universe and have chosen to worship creation, instead of the Creator. This is the essence of sin. People do not like to hear this. This unsettles people. "

"The biggest reason I believe we are seeing more and more unbelief, and a lack of interest in specifically Evangelical Christianity, is because of the prideful nature found in all of us. We want things our way, we want to live our own lives, and we want to do it on our own terms. No cosmic genie is going to tell me how to live my life. The truth is, the Bible is not about us, its about God. The Gospel really isn’t all about us, its about God. Our lives are not really about us, they are about God. This fuels the pride in each one of us, believer and non-believer. We want things to be about us, we are consumed with us. This a truth that the Bible presents, and one that does not sit well within us."

This was a single person's description of why some will not believe. In my opinion, he is rather accurate.

Good Article.....

http://nathanparry.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/not-all-will-believe/

...just a few of things from this.....

"The truth is, just as people did not believe then, people will not believe now, and people wont believe in the future. I hear some say there is no evidence for a God, but just as Jesus performed miracles in front of people as evidence to who he was, and they did not believe, evidence today would still not be enough for many to believe in the name of Jesus."

"The Gospel tells us that, each of us as human beings, who are created in the image of God, have committed cosmic treason. We have rejected the King of the universe and have chosen to worship creation, instead of the Creator. This is the essence of sin. People do not like to hear this. This unsettles people. "

"The biggest reason I believe we are seeing more and more unbelief, and a lack of interest in specifically Evangelical Christianity, is because of the prideful nature found in all of us. We want things our way, we want to live our own lives, and we want to do it on our own terms. No cosmic genie is going to tell me how to live my life. The truth is, the Bible is not about us, its about God. The Gospel really isn’t all about us, its about God. Our lives are not really about us, they are about God. This fuels the pride in each one of us, believer and non-believer. We want things to be about us, we are consumed with us. This a truth that the Bible presents, and one that does not sit well within us."

This was a single person's description of why some will not believe. In my opinion, he is rather accurate.
Since both you and he are religious believers, your opinions are suspect.

Since both you and he are religious believers, your opinions are suspect.

I think he is accurate in how those who do not believe won't...not matter what.

In my opinion, those who choose not to believe have their reasons and at times involve not wanting to give up own independence to follow God and live by another set of rules.

Not everyone has to believe.....and not everyone will.

In my opinion, those who choose not to believe have their reasons and at times involve not wanting to give up own independence to follow God and live by another set of rules.

I'm still searching my Bible for the set of rules about going to church once a week. There must be something in there about dressing up, genuflecting, singing special songs, reciting special prayers, listening to lessons, handing in money and eating crackers and juice. Where could it be?

The "reasons" for not believing in the magical easter bunny in the sky are that logic and proof are lacking in your entire belief structure.

If you can believe that lie, you will believe any lie.

When shown to be factually incorrect, you fall back on "it's just my opinion" over and over.

It's a sign of a weak argument.

Listen, julybaby, I won't sue you for your belief, as belief is about ideas and feelings, and it seems that these things work good for you.

And that's exactly the reason I don't believe. My problem isn't God, it isn't the altruism, the humbleness, and all that stuff. My problem is the believer in itself, his denying of scientifical logic while using an anti-logic that only follows irrational feelings.

Scientific logic works for me. Better than a believers anti-logic. It brings me forward, it gives me things to rely on, my every day action is aligned to that logic. Even when I just want to be happy, I use that logic. I never found a reason to give it up.

This logic never wants to kill your belief, as it does a lot good in the world. People kill only things that threatens them. As much as I accept your belief - I'll never become a believer, as it is poison to the way I live.

I'm still searching my Bible for the set of rules about going to church once a week. There must be something in there about dressing up, genuflecting, singing special songs, reciting special prayers, listening to lessons, handing in money and eating crackers and juice. Where could it be?

Going to church....Hebrews 10:25 ESV

Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Matthew 18:20 ESV

For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”

Dressing up...nope (wear what you want).

Singing......Psalm 95:1-2 ESV

Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!

Praying.....Ephesians 6:18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,

Preaching....2 Timothy 3:16 ESV

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Tithe......2 Corinthians 9:6-8 ESV

The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.

Communion....Luke 22:19-20 ESV

And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.

...there...helped you out a bit! (there are LOTS more though...;) )

The "reasons" for not believing in the magical easter bunny in the sky are that logic and proof are lacking in your entire belief structure.

If you can believe that lie, you will believe any lie.

When shown to be factually incorrect, you fall back on "it's just my opinion" over and over.

It's a sign of a weak argument.

No one claims the Easter bunny as the Lord of All....neither is Santa or any other worldly fun thing at any holiday.

You cannot show that God is factually incorrect...you believe it to be so. I can read what others have found as proof of God...and you will see it as wrong as well.

You have your opinion that God does not exist....and I have mine that He does. If I say outright, (which I have)...there is only one way to God and that is through Jesus Christ, His Son....and those who do not believe will spend eternity in Hell (which is true).....you say that I should only state that as my opinion.

When I state that as my belief and opinion...you say I cannot do that.

The conclusion is that you are a lost soul....period. You do not believe....and therefore cannot possibly understand who God truly is. As long as you are breathing on this earth....you have the opportunity to believe (and I pray you do). Your choice.

Death will come for every single person who has ever been born.....and the proof you all need will be at that time!

Listen, julybaby, I won't sue you for your belief, as belief is about ideas and feelings, and it seems that these things work good for you.

And that's exactly the reason I don't believe. My problem isn't God, it isn't the altruism, the humbleness, and all that stuff. My problem is the believer in itself, his denying of scientifical logic while using an anti-logic that only follows irrational feelings.

Scientific logic works for me. Better than a believers anti-logic. It brings me forward, it gives me things to rely on, my every day action is aligned to that logic. Even when I just want to be happy, I use that logic. I never found a reason to give it up.

This logic never wants to kill your belief, as it does a lot good in the world. People kill only things that threatens them. As much as I accept your belief - I'll never become a believer, as it is poison to the way I live.

Gotcha...... but just for an example......your logic, science, whatever, will truly not be of much use as you watch your spouse (in my case, husband) of almost 20 years spend 2.5 years dying from cancer....right in front of your eyes.

.....God got me through that. Yes, scientifically, I understood completely what was happening to him......I knew scientifically what the cancer would do....I knew scientifically what chemos were needed to try and fight it. None of if mattered....he died.

I knew from God, that He had His hand on all of us (my husband, me, and my children)......I Knew that God Will for my life was for me to be a widow (not matter how much scientific logic tried to change that outcome). I Knew that God was with me the whole time. I Knew the God kept me stronger than I could ever have been on my own during that time and after. I knew that God allowed us to heal from the hurt (not forget) and have happy times as my children and I had to move on with our lives.

God did all of that....didn't need scientific logic to get there.....did need science's help in the form of anti-depressants or anything science could come up with to deal with such a huge loss. Spent many hours in prayer and even those days I had no idea what to pray...God knew what I needed and provided.

Science is a wonderful thing and helped my husband live longer than anyone expected......but it didn't cure him. God was there and still is. God blesses science and I am thankful for those who are gifted in that area.

But, I think God has my life handled...and I choose to rely on Him.

Phrodeau-
Our church is like fudge - sweet with a few nuts. It's just like a giant book club that meets every week. There's music - like a mini concert. You can remember Jesus with the bread and wine like he instructed. (My church uses grape juice. LOL it seems to work.) It's a time to set aside for you. Want to come visit?

app-for-church.gif

Phrodeau-
Our church is like fudge - sweet with a few nuts. It's just like a giant book club that meets every week. There's music - like a mini concert. You can remember Jesus with the bread and wine like he instructed. (My church uses grape juice. LOL it seems to work.) It's a time to set aside for you. Want to come visit?
Do they wash your feet for you?

John 13:14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Do they wash your feet for you?

John 13:14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Tee Hee, No but as a nurse I have set up a foot clinic for those people that can't take care of their own feet or just those who want a treat. The visiting nurses come in and soak the feet. Cut the nails and massage the feet up to the knees. 1/2 hour treatment. It's really nice. If you want your feet washed I can make it happen.:D

Going to church....Hebrews 10:25 ESV

Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Matthew 18:20 ESV

For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”

Dressing up...nope (wear what you want).

Singing......Psalm 95:1-2 ESV

Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!

Praying.....Ephesians 6:18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,

Preaching....2 Timothy 3:16 ESV

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Tithe......2 Corinthians 9:6-8 ESV

The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.

Communion....Luke 22:19-20 ESV

And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.

...there...helped you out a bit! (there are LOTS more though...;) )
Matthew 6:5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

The bible is rife with factual inaccuracies.

Since the bible is the literal "word of god", then that means that god is factually incorrect.

I never stated that your belief in mystical fake beings isn't your opinion. Merely that it isn't factually correct. If you believe otherwise, it's your job to prove it.

No one claims the Easter bunny as the Lord of All....neither is Santa or any other worldly fun thing at any holiday.

You cannot show that God is factually incorrect...you believe it to be so. I can read what others have found as proof of God...and you will see it as wrong as well.

You have your opinion that God does not exist....and I have mine that He does. If I say outright, (which I have)...there is only one way to God and that is through Jesus Christ, His Son....and those who do not believe will spend eternity in Hell (which is true).....you say that I should only state that as my opinion.

When I state that as my belief and opinion...you say I cannot do that.

The conclusion is that you are a lost soul....period. You do not believe....and therefore cannot possibly understand who God truly is. As long as you are breathing on this earth....you have the opportunity to believe (and I pray you do). Your choice.

Death will come for every single person who has ever been born.....and the proof you all need will be at that time!

Back