FUCKING WINDOWS!!!

It all depends on the need for the PC. Majority of businesses I support need to use Windows.
Windows works because business can rely on it. Specially with onedrive and sharepoint. For users like the complaintant that pointed out FUCKING WINDOWS [sucks] saving files locally allows one to know where they put their shit and not have to rely on internet access for the location to be intuitive.

Neither Microsoft, apple nor any flavor of linux has figured that out. In the late 90's when all the faculty at the university I connected to the internet revolted, I was not only telling them where to save files. I could not find a way to license word perfect for all systems. Like Apple at the time they priced themselves out of the mainstream. Once a few of them lost data for not saving it on the server drive I caused all their office products to default to I was back to work on what mattered. Security back then included a solid back up to enable the ability to restore.

At home I can't say I wrote a lot. Tracking finances/investments, photos, collected movies, series and gifs plus a popcorn trail of software versions I have a totally different back up solution. Havng onedrive hold that data is not in my interest.

Having onedrive intermittently disappear or dispense with any of that is way beyond the amount of time I want to spend looking for something. If I know I put something somewhere I can grep for it in a second be back to what I was doing. Trying to recreate something Microsoft decided I did not need real time access to is not only annoying. It pisses me off as much as it does ___. Sitting in front of a keyboard is a time consumer. Corporate greed attempting to control my files is not something that does me any good nor does it make me more productive. It only consumes time that I would otherwise not have to spend.

As for your comments on the corp world, one drive and sharepoint is amazing. Moving, upgrading and mobility is priceless and time consuming for providers as well as the security team responsible for the data. Nowdays adding linux to Azure, knowing Python is priceless. It is not AI but more and more any request can be handled automagically. Sad it eliminates many of the entry level IT positions, but so many mistakes have been eliminated I don't have to pay as many people and can work more on what matters in less time.

As for the Windows haters. Win 11 works. It runs so many more apps for work and fun than linux can and so very much more affordable than Apple it is hard to not just do it. At home I run many virtual machines. Security in Win11 is not only free but near set and forget. One will have to spend some time finding why Memory Integrity will not turn on or even finding a way to test if the security posture is functional. But that effort is worth it.

I personally feel sorry for people that need someone to turn on and configure a new machine for them. I am no help even for family. Once assistance is provided you become a helpdesk for that individual. I build stuff. I have no interest in fixing what you broke, didn't pay attention to or worse clicked on something cute and flashy. Not my problem.

I was half expecting sexualized defenestration here.
I tried. I had five couples willing to give it a shot. But the coordination of the whole thing was a nightmare. Do they jump, then have sex? Or have sex, then both jump through the window? Fun concept, tough to implement.

Punching cards and swapping hard drive platters. My first job in IT! Many years ago. Many, many, many, years ago ...
Hell, I learned about computers with punch cards. After school my first job was with a software company using brand new MicroData minicomputers. Finally, no more fucking punch cards. That started a 48 year career in computers.

I have no trouble finding where things are even though I have six drives on my computer only 3 are hard drives, the rest are SSDs. That's over 11TB of data. Yet I know where everything is. I also back up my important stuff on 128GB SD cards on a weekly basis.

Yes, I turned off One Drive and anything else Microsoft uses to steal my data. It's mine. Just because I brought Windows does not give Bill Gates or any of the thieves at Microdata the right to steal my stuff. The same goes with Android from Google, they like to steal stuff too.

Last edited:
If you are not happy with your version of Windows 10 then download a different
one from Archive.org

I recommend: Windows 10 21H1 Enterprise

Install it on your computer then activate it using the follow script:

https://github.com/massgravel/Micro...-Files-Version/Activators/HWID_Activation.cmd

Copy and paste all the text you see above to a notepad file named:

Windows-10-Activation.txt

After copy and save then rename to:

Windows-10-Activation.cmd

Double click on the file and it will activate any version of Windows 10.

Windows 10 Installation Tech Tip for Home Users:

During installation of Windows 10 there will be a screen that wants you
to join Microsoft Windows and prompt you to create a login and password.

Now, look down and to the left.

Click on: Use Local Domain Instead (or something like that)

Choose local domain then give your computer a name like: MyComputer

You are now installing Windows 10 without creating a Microsoft account.
That is ONLY if you are installing the pro version. Also 21H1 is old. Last update I saw is for 22H. I even thought I saw 23 for something. Also you can download and install Windows 10 or 11 as long as your CPU is version 8 or higher using a flash drive. This thing about copying a line a code and what not is nonsense.

Now if Home is installed then you have to use a MS account. You can create local accounts after but unless you are installing Pro you are SOL.

And all the government offices that still use Windows. My suburb changed some information from an ordinary internet page to a pdf and then to a Word document. Finding a linux program that can read a .doc file took some time.

Back