The un Remembered

46n2

Really Really Experienced
When I was growing up…

There was Music.

I remember pilfering my mothers entire wall full of albums. Must have been 5k or more of them (5k wasn’t a potential resolution concept at the time, btw. It’s a number that represents MANY. Otherwise know as: a lot.)

I pulled 3 separate albums out of there. And I don’t know why. I was 4 years old. Potentially 5. But I DO remember doing it. And what I wanted.

Meet the Beatles
Hair
Sgt Peppers.

And I’m not shitting you here. I have ALWAYS enjoyed exceptional and instantly accurate taste in the finer things. It has ALWAYS been there for me like that. I was grooving on Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds for several endless nights - well before the idea I could ever get STONED to it. Why would I need to get stoned? It already fucking had EVERYthing for me already there. Stoned? What’s that? Acid? Huh? What for?

I was totally stoned on all sorts of immediate excellence in those years - never ever thought to smoke a joint. (Someone handed me a beer at one point and the rest is history, however. True enough.)

I then went on into The Breakfast Club (yup, I was one of those) and there was fucking everything and always. I never felt starved for a song. Sometimes, I might hardly be able to breathe while waiting for a record to be released - that shit made me REAL hard, the record cover, what might that be - but the songs were always there. There was NEVER. A waiting for a song. Excellence was on top of me and all of the time. We all thought we were literally impenatrable as a result. Why wouldn’t we be?

There will ALWAYS. Be. Another song.

Oh? Will there?

-There will also ALWAYS be another Jimmy Hendrix. Every new child will know what that feels like. In my case? It was… mister fucking smash it all… Eddie. EVH. You will NEVER know the pleasure of hearing Eruption for the very first time. That shit was literally impossible. No actual human could do that at all. And then - there it was.

That hurt. This year. Ya know? There’s a lot of things that hurt but that wasn’t very nice on top of the rest. Thanks, Eddie - yer a fucking monster.

Anyways. Um. What was I saying?

Oh yeah:

DAVE MENIKETTI

The UNremembered

WILL there. Always be another song?

What makes a Dave Meniketti? Why would he bother to write yet another song that someone else wont hear on that the level that he deserves? Why does he keep doing that? Why are there so many awesome - you might know him as Y&T and I’ll lose you right there - Dave Meniketti songs? Why would he continue? To give me all that Music?

Knowing. It wont be heard the way it oughta be.

Simple answer of course:

Cuz he’s Dave fuckin Meniketti. He doesn’t know how to NOT be great. It might matter some that you don’t know him by name - but what matters a fuckton more is that he plays that goddamn geetar with everything he’s got. And he does that. Without excuse. Every. And all of the time.

He does it because he has to.

There are MANY people in your world that you have not ever fucking even BLINKED at.

Giving You. A world. You can breathe in.

Stop. Fucking. Cheating it.

Okay?

Dave. Doing his thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvNQAio5GKg

So many monsters.

Last edited:
Wholly hell.

That. Wasn't great.

Alright then... noted.

Am I?

Would there ever be an actual reason to do that?

Go hit the link (I've now put that in the post). This guy, Dave fuckin Meniketti? You need to hear it. Go check.

I'm not showin off.

I'm not Dave Meniketti!!

I gave up on this thread when it became very beatles centric. clearly started by someone with no taste in music, but highly susceptible to media bull shit and hype.

the fucking beatles wrote some of the worst lyrics ever, ringo wasnt event a competent drummer.

My parents album shelves collapse... those 78s are really heavy.

i once broke a harry belafonte 78. it didnt go down well .banana boat song would be banned now a days. will look for it and post it on the 'what are you listening to thread'

the fucking beatles! jesus fucking christ. if anyone could make take that look good, its the scouse scab four.

stan freberg did a good version which ive still got.

Last edited:
Wow, Y & T...that takes me back to memory lane, being a pre-teen kid in the San Francisco area and listenting to their songs on the radio ("Black Tiger", "Rescue Me," "Forever," and so on.) By the time I was in my teens, though, the band had gotten really cheezy in an effort to co-opt and beat Bon Jovi at his own game, so to speak, and I never thought their later stuff was nearly as good.

I remember standing in line at a record store though, I must have been about 15 or no older than 16, and meeting the band and getting an autographed copy of "Contagious" from them. Although that was one of the later cheezy/pseudo-Bon Jovi albums of theirs which I honestly didnt listen to as much as their older stuff, still it was like, "wow, my first brush with rock star celebrity."

Wow, Y & T...that takes me back to memory lane, being a pre-teen kid in the San Francisco area and listenting to their songs on the radio ("Black Tiger", "Rescue Me," "Forever," and so on.) By the time I was in my teens, though, the band had gotten really cheezy in an effort to co-opt and beat Bon Jovi at his own game, so to speak, and I never thought their later stuff was nearly as good.

I remember standing in line at a record store though, I must have been about 15 or no older than 16, and meeting the band and getting an autographed copy of "Contagious" from them. Although that was one of the later cheezy/pseudo-Bon Jovi albums of theirs which I honestly didnt listen to as much as their older stuff, still it was like, "wow, my first brush with rock star celebrity."
It wasn't. Their later stuff. Was garbage.

But look at you, man. Contageous? There's a full but nothing instrumental in there that I'm sure you enjoy. He's done some other shit since then. He just, keeps on getting better.

You're right. They totally sold the fish and fell over. It's fucking gross.

But you know what good is. And you are PROUD of that autograpgh

Know who else is proud of it?

DAVE MENEKETTI

Small story. Dave Meniketti watched me get my ass kicked by 5 guys. they played this shitty situation in fucking outdoor dumb (Laguna Seca). He didn't like it. I didn't like it either. i said so. So then I got beat. I took it like a champ and hit enough people to feel fulfilled. Then I saw him in the bathroom. This situation was so fuckin shitty that they literally had to share a bathroom with fuckheads like me. And he looked at me, twice - he looked at me twice - I saw him looking at me while getting my ass beat, and then again in the bathroom; same look: yer an idiot.

Yup. Fuckin A. And give me more of it, DaVE mENEKETTI.

All day long...

Just play that fucking thing like it counts, Ace...

I gave up on this thread when it became very beatles centric. clearly started by someone with no taste in music, but highly susceptible to media bull shit and hype.

the fucking beatles wrote some of the worst lyrics ever, ringo wasnt event a competent drummer.
Ringo's alot better at playing drums than you are at flapping them jaws, was a better lyricist than you and still has several MILLIONS of pounds sterling to prove it. Whachu got besides a broken down life and being on the dole and a being a prolific poster on Lit...?

Ringo's alot better at playing drums than you are at flapping them jaws, was a better lyricist than you and still has several MILLIONS of pounds sterling to prove it. Whachu got besides a broken down life and being on the dole and a being a prolific poster on Lit...?
unlike you? Ringo wasnt even the best drummer in the scabfour, better lyricist - i cant understand a word he says so possibly, possibly not. you his accountant then dickhead? thought not.

being on the dole is a scouse thing, as is looking for food in waste bins.

hope this helps clear up my view point.

(feel free to give this post a like by the way)

Back