GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gi_Venus said:
Feeling very frightened, my sister is not taking the news I am transgendered too well. She told my religious sister...and she issued an ultimatum that if she feels I am a threat to our mother she will have to take action......then she said that was not an ultimatum. She even went to my old shrink who offered a meet between my two sisters and me. But at this point I do not trust her...she is so much like my father. She views this as if I am making a choice about who I am....it is not a choice to be myself..... I have been crying. Now I have become her problem.....what the hell? I was not ready for this...not yet.... :(
I am shaking....

*hugs* Gianna :rose:

Terra_Cide said:
CONGRATS HUN!!! :nana: :nana:

I'm going to be home alone all weekend. B is off doing his 180- mile bicycle ride for charity. I'll be driving up the coast to pick him up on Sunday. He completed the first leg of the trip today: he left the starting point up at Sunday River (ski resort in Bethel, ME) just before 8AM and arrived at Farmington- 65 miles away- by noon. All the while going over all sorts of mountains. Tomorrow's next leg will be easier- mostly downhill stuff.

Way to go B, its been a long time since I did some serious miles on a bike.

mark197205 said:
Way to go B, its been a long time since I did some serious miles on a bike.
He called me up at 11:30am today to let me know he finished the second leg. Only took him 3.5 hours to complete 50 miles.

Terra_Cide said:
He called me up at 11:30am today to let me know he finished the second leg. Only took him 3.5 hours to complete 50 miles.

Again well done B, whats he riding? must a be a road bike?

quick g'day here-waiting for C to finish first rounds (security) before we decide if it is safe for me to go to bed.

Quiet day, lots of rain so not too busy but park allmost full, pick up my other son from the airport (he was doing volunteer work down in Costa Rica),

Watching how excited my two lads were about seeing each other again is truly precious, one is 20 next week, the other will be 19 in Oct. They are completely differnent in virtually every way, yet best of friends.

Had a funny moment, M and B, (my boys) get along well with C's son E, who is 10.
Well, B and E are working together in the store, (E likes ringing things into the till and handing out mini golf stuff) and somebody asks if they are brothers, they look at each other and laff, saying "we don;t really know", the asker wanted to know how they couldnt know, it would be either yes or no, at which point both boys just started laffing and saying, no, not really. (to the eays to answer part) I think the customer finallly left because the boys were laughing too hard to answer further.

And I am too tired, so am heading off to veg for a bit and pray for the powers that be to make it an easy night for c. I hate doing night rounds so C hads taken over that part of my weekend for me, I cant tell you how much I appreciate it!

Hey Annie-any pics of the rings?

Fathers day, Little boy gave me a card with a boy and his dad eating icecream, inside it said "how about it?" written in his cryptic beginners handwriting. His mother touched me knowing I would make my way to the computer and left me a card to find. Inside it said "What would we do with out you? Hope you can see it too. Its about who you are." I thought that was nice. She is hard to read. I recently asked her if she was mad at me feeling distance between us....it was all her own problems...she was not upset with me. She does that a lot and with her intense personality people are always personalizing the emotions they see on her face. I know her and I do it. So I am feeling pretty good this morning.*smile* Even if I have to play a role that makes me uncomfortable sometimes.....laughing....Little boy gets a feminine version of "Dad" none of that macho crap from me.

Hugs and Kisses to everyone :heart: :heart: :rose: :rose:

Hi everyone, got out of the shower and brushed my hair out....little boy says."Dad! there is a Zebra Longwing butterfly trapped on the porch!" When I went to look she had extracted herself but was busy laying eggs on a passion vine shoot, time and time she came back to lay eggs. Most if not all will be lost to predation. So it is time to play butterfly caretaker and get the butterfly cage out. We will protect the eggs and the hatchlings and raise them to adulthood. We have plenty of the host plant so food will not be an issue. Already I found an ant trying to harvest the eggs. :cool:

playwithlezli said:
Hon, I see your point, but how about looking for the gift? As none of us are perfect, maybe you can take his input as constructive, take a deep breath and ask him when you can meet to review your communication shortcomings..that you would like to get better but don't know where to start...ask him to suggest courses or books to read....(maybe the company would pay for a course)
You have a point, I am trying to look at it that way but it just really bothers me that he waited so long to do something... I mean, my contract is done in august... this information would of been helpful 6 months ago at least. But at this point, I honestly don't care because I want out as soon as possible... and me having to train or do anything extra there is just going to stress me more... I just need out and then I'll be alright. (thanks for the input though! :kiss: )

Gi_Venus said:
Yipe! * catches it , throws it toward Jasmine*:heart:......Hi Mins!:kiss:
If you are financially able...maybe a little break would do.....but if you are not...sigh...gotta wait until the next job is there. *hugs*
Hey Gi

I am financially stable hence the reason why I even thought about the idea but we shall see, good things are up ahead (as I will write in my longer post) and I shall take it from there.

Night_Jasmine said:
*hugs Min* I think Lezli is right. What irks me is that he waited until NOW to tell you? Don't you guys have reviews or something?
We do have reviews... but the review was always made by the woman I ever so hate... but I mean, I'm sure they discussed it together since he is the big boss... or their just not organized enough... the way I see it, he fucked up and he's trying to put the blame on me... well sorry for my foul language, but fuck you asshole....

(done ranting lol)

But I'm with you, it makes me uber mad about the whole waiting thing!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAD TO ALL THE PAPA'S OUT THERE! :rose:

So guess what? I passed my exam this Saturday and I have an interview for the govt on Friday! WOOT! :nana:

There's only one little downfall... you see... I was supposed to go to pride in Toronto and leave Thursday night... but with this... I would have to leave after... but, I was supposed to bring a friend's friend with me... not sure how's she's going to take the news but the way I see it, this job is too important in my life right now and pride can wait... it's there every year.

So interview Tuesday and Friday... things are looking up and I can't wait to tell my boss to shove his job up his ass... you wanted to say I was a mistake... well I'm out of here... (yes, I realize I'm very bitter when I talk about this job... but I guess it shows you all how much I truly hate it)

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and if you could pray or keep your fingers crossed for me, it would be greatly appreciated!! (the friday one is more important for those of you who practice religion lol ;) )

:heart: :heart: :heart: you all!

Mood: Happy, got my coffee and good news this morning, it's going to be a good day!
Music: radiodanz.com
Undies: none, in my robe :p

Minouners said:
HAPPY FATHER'S DAD TO ALL THE PAPA'S OUT THERE! :rose:

So guess what? I passed my exam this Saturday and I have an interview for the govt on Friday! WOOT! :nana:

There's only one little downfall... you see... I was supposed to go to pride in Toronto and leave Thursday night... but with this... I would have to leave after... but, I was supposed to bring a friend's friend with me... not sure how's she's going to take the news but the way I see it, this job is too important in my life right now and pride can wait... it's there every year.

So interview Tuesday and Friday... things are looking up and I can't wait to tell my boss to shove his job up his ass... you wanted to say I was a mistake... well I'm out of here... (yes, I realize I'm very bitter when I talk about this job... but I guess it shows you all how much I truly hate it)

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and if you could pray or keep your fingers crossed for me, it would be greatly appreciated!! (the friday one is more important for those of you who practice religion lol ;) )

:heart: :heart: :heart: you all!

Mood: Happy, got my coffee and good news this morning, it's going to be a good day!
Music: radiodanz.com
Undies: none, in my robe :p
*Big Hug* congrats Min! :kiss: :heart:

Just a quick update for you all.

2 uni exams down. 2 to go. and then working all weekend. thurs night, fri, sat and sunday. then monday i have a pre test for my interview. tues is the interview. then i can finally relax and switch off my brain for.. lets say.. a day.. because i have to get the study up for the Board interview.
no stress or pressure. oh yeah. and this weekend is my grading for taekwondo and i am sick. not cool.

some of you might have read that stupid blurt. My bad. a few of us went to dinner then to the movies on saturday night. it was nice. but yeah. sisters. wouldnt you know it. the two girls that drive me crazy. eesh. and one of them is really good to me. its almost a tease to have her be that affectionate towards me. frustrates me deep down inside. but i dont want it to stop. i was really happy at work on sunday. but yeah.

and i know you all will say exactly what you are supposed to, and reassure me that the right girl will come along.. i just have to have patience. well. i'm running short on that. Hard to be single when everyone around you is pairing off. and i'm not the kind of person for a one night stand or anything. i cant even picture me doing that. I just want to be in a relationship and know it feels right. with the guys it hasnt felt right. and the last one left me wanting to cry my eyes out. even as he was kissing me. now that is an odd time to be fighting back tears.

grr.

on another note. Religion. Well.. God. i've been having big talks to a Christian friend of mine and boy has that got me thinking.

all this thinking has left me not studying very well. 2 exams and some study to go and it isnt really happening for me.

but yeah. other than that it is cold and raining and it sucks.

but i am okay. as much as i choose to have my rant on here otherwise i am in good spirits. there is no sense in staying down. being in a foul mood doesnt help anything.

Plans for Canada are underway. and i am excited. pity it is going to take a while.

Finally a question. This friend of mine who is wonderful and affectionate, loves being close whenever we are together. I am 99% certain its innocent on her part. Is it wrong for me to just go with it, be close, enjoy the closeness, but leave feeling a little guilty and sad?
i figure i already know what you are going to say. but ah well.

Otherwise i have been reading up. I hope things happen so that everyone who is having a hard time feels better :kiss: Min and i hope that everyone who is happy stays happy.

AussieAngel said:
some of you might have read that stupid blurt. My bad. a few of us went to dinner then to the movies on saturday night. it was nice. but yeah. sisters. wouldnt you know it. the two girls that drive me crazy. eesh. and one of them is really good to me. its almost a tease to have her be that affectionate towards me. frustrates me deep down inside. but i dont want it to stop. i was really happy at work on sunday. but yeah.
Twas not a stupid blurt. We all have that craving for closeness and intimacy.

and i know you all will say exactly what you are supposed to, and reassure me that the right girl will come along.. i just have to have patience. well. i'm running short on that. Hard to be single when everyone around you is pairing off. and i'm not the kind of person for a one night stand or anything. i cant even picture me doing that. I just want to be in a relationship and know it feels right. with the guys it hasnt felt right. and the last one left me wanting to cry my eyes out. even as he was kissing me. now that is an odd time to be fighting back tears.
The guys do that to me too. (no offense Mark, Cal, and Borg) *hugs* :heart: :heart: Don't let them compromise yourself in your need for love. You already know how you are oriented. Friendship is fine but don't let them go where you do not want to go.....giggle...I am sounding like a parent..

on another note. Religion. Well.. God. i've been having big talks to a Christian friend of mine and boy has that got me thinking.
Theology is a big one and sometimes a person's certainty can be convincing. Many people have the world pigeon holed up nice and pretty but when it is applied to life there are big holes. I am not saying Christianity is a false thing, but when it is applied in a closed fashion it can be as twisted as any brand of fundamentalism. A relationship to God or the Universe is a personal thing, you should walk your path whatever it is but anothers path is not neccessarily your own. I tried this with disastrous results...trying to be someone or something that I am not. Be true to yourself, that which is Angel and know that you are beautiful and right for this world. :kiss:

Finally a question. This friend of mine who is wonderful and affectionate, loves being close whenever we are together. I am 99% certain its innocent on her part. Is it wrong for me to just go with it, be close, enjoy the closeness, but leave feeling a little guilty and sad?
i figure i already know what you are going to say. but ah well.
*hugs* It is wrong to hurt yourself and only you can say if it is worth it.

Otherwise i have been reading up. I hope things happen so that everyone who is having a hard time feels better :kiss: Min and i hope that everyone who is happy stays happy.
I hope you stay happy too lovelyone. :rose:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back