GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luna_Wolf72 said:
Mood~ pretty good :D
Wearing~ itty bitty black booty shorts, a gray tee that I ripped in strategic places, red bra, red boxer briefs...bare feet (almost 80 here today!!!)
Listening to~ something on Nickelodeon.

Today was an early out day at work, thank the Gods. I just wasn't in the mood to clean messes today!

Here's :kiss:'s and ((hugs)) for the thread!!

Luna
Hey Luna
Glad you had a short day of work
Damn I bet you are hotter than the temperature in that outfit :p :p
Good to see you
*GRizzly Bear Hugs* :kiss:

Hugo

dizzylia said:
Ugh. That's why I never post to the "Plug your own Whatevah" threads. Every time, I may as well put a big bullseye on my head saying "Bomb Goes Here". And why? I don't get that. Are they trolls who read the AH simply to 1-bomb submissions? Is it a clique who automatically votes depending on who you are? Is it some jealous writer trying to boost their own submission up the ratings? I really don't get it.
I wish I could answer Dizzy.
I sometimes feel like that too.
I try to read all that are posted there and RCV each of them or at least email.
I can tell by my numbers that I must be just about alone in that practice since the number of poems from that thread page one alone that I have RCV'd exceeds the total votes on all three of my new ones (good/bad/indifferent)
As far as a boost, i do so little and am in competition for absolutely nothing so what benefit they might gain eludes me. :confused:

Hey byw
*Grizzly Bear Hugs*

Hugo

Hey everyone. :kiss:es all around. :) The working thingy...what Luna said. I feel sexay today...a rarity. Must be the weather...

she_is_my_addiction said:
Hey everyone. :kiss:es all around. :) The working thingy...what Luna said. I feel sexay today...a rarity. Must be the weather...
Hey SIMA
Glad you are having a good day as well
*GRizzly Bear Hugs*

Hugo

hugo_sam said:
Hey Honey :heart: :kiss:
Hey Annie :heart: :kiss:
Good to see you both
*GRizzly Bear Hugs*

Sorry about the trolls Honey :(
I ran into the same thing this week
I had three new poems *cough* up.
Someone systematically bombed all three soon after I posted in the 'plug y our own poem thread'.
And I am in competition for nothing.
My sympathies.

Hugo

Thanks Bear...it does suck...It doesn't really matter, I mean...I write for me and for whoever I have in mind at the time my fantasy takes over

Honey123 said:
Thanks Bear...it does suck...It doesn't really matter, I mean...I write for me and for whoever I have in mind at the time my fantasy takes over

It really doesn't matter. I take the voting as more of a beauty pagnent sort of thing. What does interest me is the number of people who have bothered to look a my stories -- and sometimes that puzzles me, why some stories seem to have a lot of "hits" and some don't.

ANNIE!!!

*pounce, grope, rub*

Hey everybody!!

:rose: :kiss:

with special smooshy hugs for the grizzlybean

Luna_Wolf72 said:
ANNIE!!!

*pounce, grope, rub*

Hey everybody!!

:rose: :kiss:

with special smooshy hugs for the grizzlybean

Hey Luna, you aint got no :kiss: for me either....:(

Check in and request for support

Hello all!

Well, haven't been here for a while - thought about actually posting this in either the tribbing or the lesbian sex thread, am posting it here, instead.

I am not doing well, would love support if you have it to offer, particularly through PM's.

First, I must precede this by stating that I have always been very, very careful in the way I've conducted my sex life since starting to date again after 1+ years of celibacy following a 14 year monogamous relationship with another woman. Ironically, the person from whom I am certain I got this was a woman and the only person I have met through what I would call "normal" channels, i.e., through my social circle rather than an online ad.

A week before this past Monday, I was diagnosed with herpes-2. I have been getting the HSV antibody test regularly since I started dating again, and all, including my last at the end of February, were negative. I am almost certain of whom I got it from since she is the only new person I've seen in the past 30 days and the incubation period is between 1-30 days. It's possible that I got it from oral sex (she has admitted to a sore on her mouth), but I think I got it from tribbing, a behavior which it stands to reason carries risks, but isn't mentioned in any safer sex information I've ever seen and certainly something I've never really gotten into much discussion about in my own work as a sexuality educator. She had NO visible symptoms, but then those are unnecessary for passing on this virus. I then passed it on to my male SO before I ever had symptoms.

A note - along with HPV (which is self-resolving) and syphilis (which is curable), HSV is the only STD that condoms and dental dams do not provide excellent protection against. AT LEAST 1 out of 4 women and 1 out of 5 men are HSV-2 positive (have genital herpes) and an additional 40 - 50% of the population in the U.S. has the oral form (cold sores). Susie Bright just came out as HSV-2+ in January. 70% of those who are infected with HSV-2 don't know they have it but can still transmit it to others.

After 10 days on Acyclovir, I still have sores - although they are healing slowly, I feel like this first breakout is not going to end. I have broken off sexual relationships with all of my play partners except one woman with whom I am very close but unfortunately not in love (this is at her insistence and although I don't know what my limitations will be with her - I think I can actually both protect & still satisfy her better than I can a man). When I called people, I was harsh in "stating the reality" and did not give them the opportunity suggest continuing the relationship since I cannot bear the thought of giving this to anyone else (a possibility even when one hasn't had breakouts for many years). Those with whom I also have intense friendships want to remain friends (which is reassuring).

I feel like this is the end of my sexuality as I know it - something which I got such intense joy from and through which I shared myself so spontaneously and passionately has now become a potential weapon. Also, at 50, I feel like by the time I get this under control and the breakouts have become less frequent (many women have at least 1 per month during their first couple of years) I will be nearing the end of my "sexual attractiveness." For those of you who are not nearing this age, please don't say anything - let's face it, look at personals - even others who are middle aged often specify not wanting to be with people who are over 50.

I am generally strong and tend to look at the glass as "half full" but am right now mourning everything I was, knowing that it will never be the same...

Would love some words of support or encouragement.

~ Neon

P.S., What would I have done differently? I would have asked everyone I dated if they had ever been tested for HSV, and if so, how recently and what their results were. If they had not been tested within the past 3 months, I would ask them to get tested before we started having sexual relations...

neonflux said:
Would love some words of support or encouragement.

~ Neon

P.S., What would I have done differently? I would have asked everyone I dated if they had ever been tested for HSV, and if so, how recently and what their results were. If they had not been tested within the past 3 months, I would ask them to get tested before we started having sexual relations...

*big ass HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZ* hey Darlin'! You be gentle with yourself! I've missed you! :rose: :rose:

Anniejustagirl said:
*big ass HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZ* hey Darlin'! You be gentle with yourself! I've missed you! :rose: :rose:

Neon, although we havent met before I shall add my hugs to Annie's, you take care of yourself and do what you need to do. :rose:

Anniejustagirl said:
:p *slurp* have a ball cap Darlin' this one is a harley cap from Des Moines

*puts cap on head*

Thanks Annie, all I need now is the bike to go with it.... :D

mark197205 said:
*puts cap on head*

Thanks Annie, all I need now is the bike to go with it.... :D
you're on your own there, bub... Lucky i could afford the cap! and i'm not even on a hogg anymore these days! *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back