Free Association Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
And let us not forget Thelonius Monk, although I have to say that some of his wilder flights are not good to my ear.

I agree - after Bebop, I never got into that penchant for playing so much 'outside' (dissonant, against the harmony). It's what kept Coltrane at arm's length for me. My hero of the era, and all time is Miles Davis. One of my favorites, although it's a scratchy recording, but if you imagine the scratches are rain, it fits the mood (Miles ballads always bring to mind city streets, wet from rain):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoPL7BExSQU

I agree - after Bebop, I never got into that penchant for playing so much 'outside' (dissonant, against the harmony). It's what kept Coltrane at arm's length for me. My hero of the era, and all time is Miles Davis. One of my favorites, although it's a scratchy recording, but if you imagine the scratches are rain, it fits the mood (Miles ballads always bring to mind city streets, wet from rain):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoPL7BExSQU

If this was the music to a film, it would be in Black & White, and one of those 'depressing' (film noire?) murder mysteries.
Feet up, with a glass of something heart-warming, with the rain gently falling (persistently).
Il Pleut !

If this was the music to a film, it would be in Black & White, and one of those 'depressing' (film noire?) murder mysteries.
Feet up, with a glass of something heart-warming, with the rain gently falling (persistently).
Il Pleut !

I always got a kick out of movies where the music soundtrack ended up being better entertainment than the film.

I remember those "Mike Hammer" films. Remember this.?
[not the original, I grant you]

Being Mike Hammer's secretary was hard work though. ;)

7f4d957fdc9fea34ab733cb27923b149.jpg

Who played his secretary [? Velda ?]

I must have a think about more of that music. . . .

And here we are in the midst of [yet another] Windoze update; as usual, it's at a very inconvenient time; I want to restart the machine, but there are no fewer than 68 'updates' to my copy of Win 7.
:devil:
But at least it's connecting to the Internet [??] and running at a fair clip.
But I still have not got a video on the left of my 2 screens.

Why the 'ell does it wait until I want to switch off, as opposed to asking [then doing on Yes] while the bloody thing is on.

Gnash, Growl,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back