Free Association Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiple free association here: re the last 4 or 5 posts, Grumpy Old Men and count me in too!

My brother is fourteen years older than me and when I hit sixty earlier this year, I told him I hadn't believed him when he warned me how fast that decade between fifty and sixty would fly by.

He just grinned and replied, "Strap in tight because sixty to seventy is even faster." :eek:

My brother is fourteen years older than me and when I hit sixty earlier this year, I told him I hadn't believed him when he warned me how fast that decade between fifty and sixty would fly by.

He just grinned and replied, "Strap in tight because sixty to seventy is even faster." :eek:

Your brother is not wrong. :D

Go past 70 and the Lord's put the pedal to the metal.

Comic (& now Emmy-winner) Patton Oswalt does a bit about what ages should & should not get parties, & why.

Last week, I realized I am nearing my reunion for my alma mater & will age another year before this calendar ends.

I don't recall thinking I'd live forever, but I am regularly shocked I made is to this age, let alone the upcoming!

Comic (& now Emmy-winner) Patton Oswalt does a bit about what ages should & should not get parties, & why.

Last week, I realized I am nearing my reunion for my alma mater & will age another year before this calendar ends.

I don't recall thinking I'd live forever, but I am regularly shocked I made is to this age, let alone the upcoming!

Some biologists have a serious goal of lengthening the human life span far beyond what it is now, while keeping and improving quality of life. If so, the next milestone will be choosing between dying of boredom and behaving in an entirely inappropriate manner (like Trump, for example?). Living (and hopefully dying) "gracefully" is most important to me.

Some biologists have a serious goal of lengthening the human life span far beyond what it is now, while keeping and improving quality of life. If so, the next milestone will be choosing between dying of boredom and behaving in an entirely inappropriate manner (like Trump, for example?). Living (and hopefully dying) "gracefully" is most important to me.

I have a very decent afterlife planned for myself, given that I'm an atheist, but I assure you, I'm in no rush to get there.

I have a very decent afterlife planned for myself, given that I'm an atheist, but I assure you, I'm in no rush to get there.

I have been writing drafts of my own autobiography for perhaps a decade or more, & in those years, I have seriously considered sub-titling it "God's Guinea Pig". I honestly do not know if I am religious at all, believe in any God, etc. or not... However, if I were to "buckle down" & "submit" to the idea there was/is one, I would say my life did not include the age-old joke, "How'd that one get past Quality Control?!", but the Deus sending me here & immediately turning "efficiency expert" or something & saying, "Let's see how much one of these can survive!"

(I have honestly read E-mails in the past 5 minutes seeming to confirm this.)

I have been writing drafts of my own autobiography for perhaps a decade or more, & in those years, I have seriously considered sub-titling it "God's Guinea Pig". I honestly do not know if I am religious at all, believe in any God, etc. or not... However, if I were to "buckle down" & "submit" to the idea there was/is one, I would say my life did not include the age-old joke, "How'd that one get past Quality Control?!", but the Deus sending me here & immediately turning "efficiency expert" or something & saying, "Let's see how much one of these can survive!"

(I have honestly read E-mails in the past 5 minutes seeming to confirm this.)

The Wellcome Collection in London includes many interesting human skeletons. One that particularly impressed me was a 17th Century woman with extensive birth defects and who had suffered tuberculosis and syphilis. Despite this, she lived into her 40s - the average life span for her time.

The Wellcome Collection in London includes many interesting human skeletons. One that particularly impressed me was a 17th Century woman with extensive birth defects and who had suffered tuberculosis and syphilis. Despite this, she lived into her 40s - the average life span for her time.

Please go back & let us all know how well you cum into her (or any of the others).

Miles Davis at Fillmore

I have umpteen Miles Davis records in my collection, And this is perhaps the only one that disappoints when played 30, 40, 50 years later. :(

Would that be down to the choice of repertoire or the acoustics ?

PS.
If you are into Vimeo, take great care:-
See Here

Last edited:
Would that be down to the choice of repertoire or the acoustics ?

PS.
If you are into Vimeo, take great care:-
See Here

People can do some seriously stupid things. :rolleyes:

When cyber roleplay started giving way to phone sex a few years back, one guy that was a frequent visitor to the AOL chat rooms handed out his phone number like it was Halloween candy. I took him up on an offer one night and afterwards did a check of the phone number he used.

The very first listing that turned up in a Google search was the web page of a rather large Baptist church. That particular phone number was for their youth minister. :eek:

I took him up on an offer one night and afterwards did a check of the phone number he used.

The very first listing that turned up in a Google search was the web page of a rather large Baptist church. That particular phone number was for their youth minister. :eek:

Bringing in the sheep :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back