Free Association Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right. It is 'Bringing in the sheaves'. Bringing in the sheep is just a mis-hearing. But it does lead to some funny examples. Try Googling it. :)

No thanks... Though I was long curious why it was OK to say "Googling", but not "Yahooing".

Many I know/knew had E-mail addresses at Yahoo before AOL, & they of course said/sang the company name in TV ads... Yet "Googling" became accepted vernacular first, & the other seemingly never.

No thanks... Though I was long curious why it was OK to say "Googling", but not "Yahooing".

Many I know/knew had E-mail addresses at Yahoo before AOL, & they of course said/sang the company name in TV ads... Yet "Googling" became accepted vernacular first, & the other seemingly never.

I am old enough to remember when Google was the second choice search engine. We turned to Google when Dogpile failed to deliver.

Yahoo? Back in the mid 90s, in London, at least, I don't recall it being a big deal. But where is Dogpile today? Everything changes. :)

I am old enough to remember when Google was the second choice search engine. We turned to Google when Dogpile failed to deliver.

Yahoo? Back in the mid 90s, in London, at least, I don't recall it being a big deal. But where is Dogpile today? Everything changes. :)

I remember it wasn't until I was almost done with school I got my family on AOL. Before that, the local library had computers you could sign-up to use for certain amounts of time. The main page on every one was like "Tic-Tac-Toe" with Yahoo, AltaVista, &... I forget the others.

One day, they posted laminated squares at each one, announcing "Google" as a new search engine, & giving the URL... But you still had to click one of the boxes to get onto the Web.

I remember it wasn't until I was almost done with school I got my family on AOL. Before that, the local library had computers you could sign-up to use for certain amounts of time. The main page on every one was like "Tic-Tac-Toe" with Yahoo, AltaVista, &... I forget the others.

One day, they posted laminated squares at each one, announcing "Google" as a new search engine, & giving the URL... But you still had to click one of the boxes to get onto the Web.

Ah, the Web. Tim Berners-Lee. :)

remember TwoCows ?
One of the problems of being in a relatively rural area is/was that the city-dwellers got more and sooner than the rest of us.

remember TwoCows ?
One of the problems of being in a relatively rural area is/was that the city-dwellers got more and sooner than the rest of us.

Speaking of Googling, as I cannot access that search engine, I use Bing. But, I think the accepted word now is 'googling' for any kind of search. "Binging' something just sounds wrong.

Two Cows? Nope, never heard of it. Should I Bing it?:D

Speaking of Googling, as I cannot access that search engine, I use Bing. But, I think the accepted word now is 'googling' for any kind of search. "Binging' something just sounds wrong.

Two Cows? Nope, never heard of it. Should I Bing it?:D

For my part, 'Bing' has a long way to go yet.
Redmond has too big a hold already.
try 'tucows.'

I'd prefer a Toucan - although Guinness don't seem to use 'the bird' these days, do they?

You could always have breakfast with Toucan Sam.

box1222.jpg

Guinness TV advert: I loved this one

I was tempted to add a Kelloggs TV Ad fore Frosties, but I could not find the ones we had in the UK.

I bought some new sereal yesterday: Crisp Rice.... That's what it says on the box. Before that, it was "Fruity Hoops", again not the expensive brand.

A while back, I got into getting money's worth for Breakfast. It's skinny & no flavor, so I refuse to pay their huge overprice for it.

I bought some new sereal yesterday: Crisp Rice.... That's what it says on the box. Before that, it was "Fruity Hoops", again not the expensive brand.

A while back, I got into getting money's worth for Breakfast. It's skinny & no flavor, so I refuse to pay their huge overprice for it.

House Brands

Back in the Day, when Kelloggs meant Corn Flakes and not a lot else, my ole' Mum used to reckon "there was more goodness in the cardboard of the box".

House Brands

Oh yes!

Back in the Day, when Kelloggs meant Corn Flakes and not a lot else, my ole' Mum used to reckon "there was more goodness in the cardboard of the box".

I remember years ago, when my older (& only) sibling was about the age their eldest kid is now, they insisted our Mom buy the generic mac & cheese.

Also, think I might be partly rebelling against Kellogg's... I just now found my own Change.org petition (that says it was sent to them) to create sugar-free Pop Tarts.

I remember years ago, when my older (& only) sibling was about the age their eldest kid is now, they insisted our Mom buy the generic mac & cheese.

Also, think I might be partly rebelling against Kellogg's... I just now found my own Change.org petition (that says it was sent to them) to create sugar-free Pop Tarts.

You can always tell whether someone worked their way through college or not by just mentioning mac & cheese and catsup sandwiches to them.

If you get a WTF? look back, it's a safe bet Mom and Dad had them a decent allowance. ;)

You can always tell whether someone worked their way through college or not by just mentioning mac & cheese and catsup sandwiches to them.

If you get a WTF? look back, it's a safe bet Mom and Dad had them a decent allowance. ;)

"Mom & Dad had them".... & then proof you never even worked your way into a public-inclusive class which you successfully passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back