Free Association Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL - Xenaphobia was a good one, Tio.

I posted some words invented by changing one letter in More Humour a little while back. My favourite was cashtration - the act of rendering yourself financially impotent by taking out a mortgage.

Something I got to do last December...Burning the mortgage! :nana:

155089-300x425-Mortgage-burning.jpg

:)

Is this a real question, Michael?

It's a very expensive and usually long-term loan of the money necessary to buy a house.

Reminds me of an old Peter Cook and Dudley Moore conversation about someone having been 'born out of wedlock'.

'What's a wedlock?' Dud asks.

'It's a cross between a steam engine and a padlock,' Pete answers.

Reminds me of an old Peter Cook and Dudley Moore conversation about someone having been 'born out of wedlock'.

'What's a wedlock?' Dud asks.

'It's a cross between a steam engine and a padlock,' Pete answers.

For when you are deadly serious about your teenage son NOT getting anyone pregnant at least until he finishes high school...

M600-1%20Solid%20steel%20chastity%20cage%20male%20chastity%20device-350x400.jpg

:eek:

You can find several examples of this sort of thing in the tide-line at any coastal town.
It's the cold, ya' know; shrinks everything. . .

You can find several examples of this sort of thing in the tide-line at any coastal town.
It's the cold, ya' know; shrinks everything. . .

:D JKD, that thing is awesome. I am going to publish it on my blog, saying: "Or would you prefer to wear an exceptionally thin piece of rubber through which you will still get amazing sensations."

Oh ... an association to HP's tide-line.

I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

Shall I part my hair behind? Do I dare to eat a peach?
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.

I do not think that they will sing to me.

I have seen them riding seaward on the waves
Combing the white hair of the waves blown back
When the wind blows the water white and black.
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

(Lovesong of J Alfred Prufrock)

:D JKD, that thing is awesome. I am going to publish it on my blog, saying: "Or would you prefer to wear an exceptionally thin piece of rubber through which you will still get amazing sensations."

Oh ... an association to HP's tide-line.

I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

Shall I part my hair behind? Do I dare to eat a peach?
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.

I do not think that they will sing to me.

I have seen them riding seaward on the waves
Combing the white hair of the waves blown back
When the wind blows the water white and black.
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

(Lovesong of J Alfred Prufrock)

Surf's Up Tonight!

oh and in answer to those concerned I was being facetious about not knowing what a mortgage was. It's just I have never had one..a mortgage that is.:rolleyes:

Surf and turf :p

exps117949_THCA2180111C01_11_1bC.jpg

ohhhhhhh that reminded me of my last meal in Brisbane before I flew back to China a couple of months ago: a platter of 3 split Moreton Bay Bugs (like small lobsters), half dozen huge prawns, and calamari rings, beside a medium well done steak and chips, oh and a dozen delicious oysters on the shell as an entree.

:rose:

Steak and kidney ... I've made pie; I always wanted to try out making the suet pudding version. Hmmmmm ....

Before he left, my Pommy colleague left me some suet (what's its shelf life btw?). There's an idea. But do I need another project right now? :eek:

Before he left, my Pommy colleague left me some suet (what's its shelf life btw?). There's an idea. But do I need another project right now? :eek:

I am pretty sure suet lasts forever and ever. A steak and kidney pudding won't take much doing if you have the suet, surely? I'll check Mrs. Beeton and get back to you.

51FKzDAbtDL.jpg

I am pretty sure suet lasts forever and ever. A steak and kidney pudding won't take much doing if you have the suet, surely? I'll check Mrs. Beeton and get back to you.

51FKzDAbtDL.jpg

umm you are sweet Naoko. Seriously, I need another project like I need ...well another project.

I am up to my eyeballs, in lesson prep, as we wind down to the end of the semester. And timing all that into my exit out of here. So packing is a slow process. What to send next week when Li Yan arrives (she can help me with the freight guys) and what to keep to sustain me before I send that off. On my own but I will know what to do by then.
Worry about my boxes stuck in pre-customs check limbo. lol..the agent wanted to extort us for 5000 rmb and no guarantee it would get through. I've issued instructions to refuse to play that game.

ugh..this is a nice thread Naoko. Real pleasant. And I don't want to hijack it for my own life stories.:kiss:

umm you are sweet Naoko. Seriously, I need another project like I need ...well another project.

I am up to my eyeballs, in lesson prep, as we wind down to the end of the semester. And timing all that into my exit out of here. So packing is a slow process. What to send next week when Li Yan arrives (she can help me with the freight guys) and what to keep to sustain me before I send that off. On my own but I will know what to do by then.
Worry about my boxes stuck in pre-customs check limbo. lol..the agent wanted to extort us for 5000 rmb and no guarantee it would get through. I've issued instructions to refuse to play that game.

ugh..this is a nice thread Naoko. Real pleasant. And I don't want to hijack it for my own life stories.:kiss:

That does sound chaotic! Moving is always so stressful. Hope you are not having to go too far.

Hijack ...

Airplane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back