Formula 1 Racing

Would love to see Lando Norris replace Lance Stroll now that Aston Martin is surging. Ain’t gonna happen of course, but Lando drove a gutsy race yesterday and deserves a contending car.
Agree. I don’t see Lance ever making more than a mid pack presence but we both know he’s not going anywhere.

IMG_2149.jpeg

Congrats to Red Bull and Max Verstappen. Max passed Senna for number of P1’s. The Prancing Horse’s had a great showing today, nailing down a 2nd and 4th place finish. Ferrari also notched their 800th Podium in F1…more than any other team.

Didn’t see any of the qualifying so not sure what happened to the Marc’s? Lewis was bitching about his car all race, which is nothing new, but it seemed he couldn’t control it in the braking zones.

All in all, clean race, always love the Red Bull Ring!

Nice to see Lando getting a home crowd pleasing second place at Silverstone today. McLaren seems to be getting their shit together, hope they can start giving the front runners some solid competition.
Agreed JeB56! Love seeing the new blood up on the podiums! Have been traveling so didn’t see any of the qualifying. Was McLaren just that fast on the home track or did others stub their toes?

Regardless, what a resurgence and I hope they keep it up. The Scudaria had another head scratcher today also?

Last edited:
Congrats Max for making it six in a row! Great to see Lando Noris on the podium and Lewis was on the podium for a 14th time in Silverstone!

Clean race for the most part. Haas has two burning cars in two Gran Prix’s? Not sure what‘s up with the American team.

IMG_2173.jpeg

Last edited:
Lewis is on pole and Daniel Ricciardo is back in the lineup on P13, and resurging McLaren are p3&4. Shaping up to be a great race at the HungaroRing!

Great race today! Lewis drops to fourth place by turn 2 on an un-Lewis like start, Max grabs the lead and both McLaren’s pounced and never let Hamilton get close to the podium. Checo had a fantastic race! Took a 1.9sec pit stop and voted driver of the day.

Red Bull Racing made history with 12 consecutive wins, breaking a tie with McLaren held since ‘88.

All teams are making improvements with the exception of Ferrari. They just can’t get out of their own way. Bad strategy, lethargic cars, and horrible pit stops.

Well done Red Bull.

IMG_2205.jpg

Another race, another Red Bull win…P1 and P2, Max and Checo, and hey, there was a Ferrari sighting today! Le Clerc takes a P3 podium as Hamilton gave up on the last lap to get new rubber and took a point for fastest lap.

The summer break starts now so nothing for four weeks till the Dutch Gran Prix…Max’s home race and gong for a historic 14th win in a row.

Congrats Red Bull.

IMG_2225.jpeg

After a long summer break, F1 racing picks up the second half of the season…no surprises on the top spot as Max easily outclassed the field again in Zandvoort, his home track.

Max equalled Sebastian Vettel's record of nine consecutive Formula One wins after emerging victorious at a chaotic Dutch Grand Prix.

In a season in which his Red Bull team has won every race, Verstappen added another jewel in his seemingly inevitable title crown with a dominant display in a race bookended by heavy rain showers.

The second, heavier rainstorm, which hit the track on lap 60, saw Zhou Guanyu crash at Turn 1, resulting in a 45-minute red flag stoppage before the final six laps of racing took place in wet conditions.

Verstappen, who now has 46 career wins, remained focused throughout the stoppage and finished 3.7s ahead of Fernando Alonso, who moved ahead of Sergio Perez for second place when the Red Bull driver ran wide at Turn 1 on lap 63.

Perez finished third on the road but a five-second penalty for speeding in the pit lane dropped him to fourth at the finish behind Pierre Gasly, who took his first podium finish as an Alpine driver.—ESPN online

IMG_2275.jpeg
IMG_2276.jpeg

First off…I didn’t get to see the race. F’ing Spectrum and Disney are in a pissing contest and so Spectrum (the former Time/Warner) yanked ESPN off cable ( I swear…I’m pulling the Plug this year) so no race for Humpy.

I didn’t even watch the highlights, just found out who won…so nothing but podiums to report this week. About the only thing that can be said is the Prancing Horse seemed to find their balls at their home track.

IMG_2289.jpg

The race was really entertaining and competitive. The pista majica did not disappoint and the drivers kept it clean. Ferrari had good pace, but they couldn’t hold off Verstappen and Perez. The prancing horses are just a little off in terms of performance coming out of the corners. They do have top end speed though. Max and the Red Bull are really locked in as was evident by him ticking off fastest lap after fastest lap.

Max's speed hasn't been the shocking part of this year, it's been Checo's inconsistency. I was hoping for more of a fight between the two, but I think Max will have this wrapped up just after Japan.

With exception of Monza, Ferrari has been in their own way all year.

I'm happy to see Alonso having a good season finally. Shame he only has 2 titles. They need to dump Stroll.

McLaren has been a surprise the last couple of races, excited to see how they'll do in Singapore and Japan.

Alfa Romeo has been disappointingly quiet.

Alpha Tauri really could have done without Daniel breaking his wrist. Yuki will probably not be on the grid next year. He's not as consistent as he should be.

Mercedes is the same old story. Fell off the pace. Superstar is bitching. The second driver understands the car way better.

Haas, needs to drop Steiner

Max's speed hasn't been the shocking part of this year, it's been Checo's inconsistency. I was hoping for more of a fight between the two, but I think Max will have this wrapped up just after Japan.

I'm happy to see Alonso having a good season finally. Shame he only has 2 titles. They need to dump Stroll.

McLaren has been a surprise the last couple of races, excited to see how they'll do in Singapore and Japan.

Alpha Tauri really could have done without Daniel breaking his wrist. Yuki will probably not be on the grid next year. He's not as consistent as he should be.

Mercedes is the same old story. Fell off the pace. Superstar is bitching. The second driver understands the car way better.

Agree about Alonso, he’s got more fire in the belly than most of the drivers out there. And also have to agree about Russell, he’s got a brilliant future when he gets the right car. I enjoy watching Max, his aggressive driving style reminds me of Senna. (Damn, I used to love watching Ayrton and Alain duking it out.)

Agree about Alonso, he’s got more fire in the belly than most of the drivers out there. And also have to agree about Russell, he’s got a brilliant future when he gets the right car. I enjoy watching Max, his aggressive driving style reminds me of Senna. (Damn, I used to love watching Ayrton and Alain duking it out.)
I agree with you both, not really a Russell fan, I feel he's learning too much of Hamiltons arrogance.

What id like to see is Noris getting some good wheels under him. I feel he is an F1 champ in waiting.

I agree with you both, not really a Russell fan, I feel he's learning too much of Hamiltons arrogance.

What id like to see is Noris getting some good wheels under him. I feel he is an F1 champ in waiting.
There’s been some talk about Lando replacing Checo if their contracts allow it.

I think we could legitimately see a scrap between Russell and Norris for a title if the playing field gets leveled out a bit. Norris may not need to leave McLaren to do it if the team continues their progress.

They're both extremely talented and they're race craft is in par with each other. You can't deny that Russell should have won when he stepped in for Lewis. He absolutely dominated that race. I don't think he's arrogant, just deservedly confident and well spoken vs his teammate who sounds much more entitled than he did in 2009. I think Norris has wrangled the maximum out of that car and doesn't have much more to find. His teammate is understandably incident prone as a rookie, but still shows good progress and supports the statements that McLaren is on the right path to contend.

I would personally like to see 1) the Williams name dropped from that team as the family is no longer in any control of the team. Claire destroyed it. 2) the team make it's way back up the grid. Albon has his moments with it, but conditions have to be favorable for him to do so.

Sadly, I don't think Sargent is going to last in F1.

Carlos Sainz wins Singapore GP, ends Red Bull's unbeaten season​

Ferrari's Carlos Sainz won a tense Singapore Grand Prix to end Max Verstappen's record-breaking run and Red Bull's hopes of an unbeaten season.

Sainz drove a tactical masterclass in the final laps, keeping Lando Norris' McLaren close enough that he had use of the Drag Reduction System (DRS) overtaking aid to keep charging Mercedes drivers George Russell and Lewis Hamilton at bay.

In a dramatic finish, on the final lap Russell crashed out while chasing Norris to hand the final podium spot to Hamilton.

Sainz's win was his second in F1 and Ferrari's first since his teammate Charles Leclerc won the Austrian Grand Prix on July 10 last year.

In the time since, Red Bull had lost only one race, when George Russell won the Brazilian Grand Prix in November.

Sainz's victory ended Verstappen's record run of 10 wins in a row as the huge pace advantage Red Bull had all year disappeared under the lights of Marina Bay.

Verstappen had to settle for fifth position, his first race off the podium this year. -ESPN online

IMG_2298.jpegIMG_2296.jpeg

Great race yesterday! Ferrari ended the dream season for Red Bull and Carlos got his firs victory for the Scuderia. Poor George Russel lost a podium due to one eye in his rear view mirrors. Lando had a great race also!

Great observations from ZfrkS62, Jeb56, snexxer, and EBTS! I agree with all of the points. Going to be an interesting scrum for seats for next year.

Oh, and as much as I agree Stroll needs to go, his daddy owns the team….

Nice to see Ferrari on top for a change, although Singapore isn’t one of my favorite venues. I missed the qualifying session broadcasts and most of the race, so still not sure why Max was so off pace. Horner commented to Brundle that the car was the same as the preceding races, so wtf? Suzuka is usually a good race, so we’ll see next week.

Nice to see Ferrari on top for a change, although Singapore isn’t one of my favorite venues. I missed the qualifying session broadcasts and most of the race, so still not sure why Max was so off pace. Horner commented to Brundle that the car was the same as the preceding races, so wtf? Suzuka is usually a good race, so we’ll see next week.
In that ESPN article they alluded that due to the uneven surfaces of Singapore‘s track, the ride height had to be lifted and they couldn’t get the performance they’ve enjoyed all year. Makes sense…how else do you explain how no Red Bull(at least the Flag carrier team) didn’t get out of Q2?

I expect them to be the class of the field going forward.

Everyone is expecting the status quo to return next week.

The way the floor works on the Red Bull, it has a very narrow ride height window and with the uneven surface of Singapore, raising it to where the car wasn't getting unsettled under breaking diminished the effectiveness of the rear aero. Max was saying that he couldn't breathe as hard or as deep as he needed to and keep the car stable enough to carry speed. If they lowered the car, it bottomed out completely. I think RB knew this one was going to be the one to give them headaches this year, especially with the new layout.

Sounds like a consequence of their clever floor design, makes sense. Wonder how the streets of Vegas will affect them.

In that ESPN article they alluded that due to the uneven surfaces of Singapore‘s track, the ride height had to be lifted and they couldn’t get the performance they’ve enjoyed all year.
Yeah they just got it horribly wrong in that last setup change between FP3 and quali.

Interesting note on Norris to RBR. Absolutely no idea where that's come from but you'd probably get better odds on Lando going to Ferrari or Merc. Red Bull currently have 11 drivers in F1 and F2.

Lawson has looked solid, kinda awkward for Tsunoda because where is he for 2024? Reserve? Assuming Danny R gets better and it's a Lawson/Riccy 2024.

Suzuka next week! Can't wait.

(I do feel sorry for Russell but he's young, not going anywhere, and has tremendous eyelashes, he'll be fine)

The AlphaTauri situation is rather perplexing. Lawson should end up on the grid somewhere.

With McLaren's recent form, I don't see any reason for Lando to split. Ferrari is a gamble since they like to step on their dicks for fun, but Carlos is performing their protege, and we know what happens in that scenario

Back