Does the "no birth control is 100% effective" turn you on?

JohnSm123

Loves Spam
Does the thought that, no matter what you do, there will always be a chance of pregnancy, turn you on? Sometimes it does turn me on, though I'm not sure why.

Does the thought that, no matter what you do, there will always be a chance of pregnancy, turn you on? Sometimes it does turn me on, though I'm not sure why.
Because there are neural pathways in our brains (men and women alike) that if not hard-wired are certainly VERY persuasive.

Not to mention that while most of us don't let impregnation slip into a dominance/submission thing, nevertheless, that too seems a predisposition, at least if we're being honest. I've written about it (and gotten this positive female feedback--somewhere) that it is exciting in a frosting-not-cake way to feel that your entire life is pivoting (becoming a mother), just because he had a few seconds of extreme pleasure courtesy of your body!

Not me, and it only brought fear into my wife's life. When she was in college, her date's condom tore and she was really nervous until her period started.

What does that mean?
I think in the nature/nurture dichotomy, we have predispositions (nature) that require little in the way of advancement or development to become actual neural pathways, literal "hard-wiring." Our nurture (culture, conditioning, etc.) can slow the process but the process wins almost every time.

How many times have you read that a woman "doesn't really want to become pregnant" but in the moments leading up to her partner ejaculating and doing so, there's a definite urge to let this be "the event?" To me, that's the neural pathway taking over from the rational mind. It would require a lot of study to prove this, if indeed it can be.

Maybe I've been with a very select group of women, but the pillow talk (postgame show) almost always took this direction, with the fewest exceptions.

Not me, and it only brought fear into my wife's life. When she was in college, her date's condom tore and she was really nervous until her period started.
OMG, had a college "scare" too! But the funny (funny strange, not funny ha-ha) thing was when it was over, she made me promise (one never kept) that I would someday "put your baby in me."

We all work from a miserably small sample size in our personal quests for understanding, and even that is biased by our partners being the sort to be attracted to us particularly. Science is HARD, and not the good kind, either! 🔬

Until I was married and in the service, no, the idea was terrifying frankly. Condoms with spermicide, yes, please! Spermicide that uses tiny machine guns and mortars? Yep, some of that too.

Having said that, once we were married, insured, and trying to have children, it was just thrilling to go in bareback. She whispered, "Put a baby in me," and I came on the spot.

Back