Confessions: What Are Yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ICT - I am wide awake - due to a chat and unsettled thoughts about said chat.....

:kiss:Sir

isn't moving wonderful ...

sometimes

enjoy the new place , lots of new naughty memories to make now

Oh, this is going to be FULL of naughtiness. The previous place was just depressing and difficult to work in. Lots of reasons. Thank you baby. :kiss::kiss:

I hate moving. If I was closer to you, I'd give you a hand with the unpacking.

Missed you, Raven!

You're not so far away that I can't import you, Drac....careful of making such offers! LOL

I missed you too, darlin'.

I confess that last night reminded me how much I love to go out, and that I really need to do it more often.

I confess that I lost my job once and it still affects me today twelve years later.

I confess that I lost my job once and it still affects me today twelve years later.

I have a great story about losing my job and why some things happen for a reason. I'll tell you sometime if you want. *hugs*

You are such a wonderful friend to me Shy, I just want you to know how much our friendship means to me *kisses*

You are such a wonderful friend to me Shy, I just want you to know how much our friendship means to me *kisses*

And you to me... You have no idea how much that means to me. *hugs* I'm kind of on the shitlist at work and have been feeling kind of friendless. Your timing is perfect.

You know that I'm always just a PM away... My friendship will always be here for you.... "You had me at "Hello""

I have a great story about losing my job and why some things happen for a reason. I'll tell you sometime if you want. *hugs*

Okay decided to spill it like I do everything else.

I guess about 3 years ago I went from working part time at an insurance company to working full time. I wanted to be home with my kids and part time was perfect for me. My younger son has some learning issues and me spending extra time with him especially was very helpful and I was able to help my oldest keep on a better path than he was choosing. I digress.

The job I went to was NOT my forte. I picked it because I'm great at office work. I'm a good manager and have good skills working in an office. I've done it for years. However this was more financial and data entry. I HATE data entry and I'm not financially inclined and I did not do well. AT all.. I pretty much could not get the hang of it and I was miserable.

Same time my mothers health took a turn for the worst. The was at the last stages of alzheimers and was in the hospital dying.

I was just having such a rough time I couldn't spend time with her like I wanted. I was in a job that I sucked at. I REALLY sucked at this job and my ego was just shot... I was fired. First time IN my life. It was a major blow. Well you know what a blow it is to be asked to leave in the middle of the day, well maybe not. I was embarrassed. I've never been anything but a perfectionist, a superstar in the office, the go to one people depended on and I was asked to leave before it was even 4. After lunch take your stuff go home.

I didn't know at the time my mother was dying but she was. I knew she took a turn for the worst and was in intensive care and yes she was dying. They took her off a feeding tube and it took 12 days. I had 12 precious days I got to spend with my mother. She wasn't in pain and she was totally out of her mind but she knew "me". I'm her baby the one she had whne she was 40. Her eyes followed me everywhere I went and she knew I was important to her until her very last breath.

At the time I was wallowing in the humiliation of being fired but if I hadn't. I would have been at an office instead of where I needed to be. God knows me so well. He knew what a hardheaded person I am and I'd have stayed until the bitter end.

Instead I got to be with family. My older son turned out to be the most grown up amazing person. He was only like 19? 18? He stayed with her every single min he could. He spent the night there. He asked others if they needed coffee. He was there for HER. My husband visited one time. That's another story.

Anyway, things do happen for a reason. I decided to take computer classes and figured out I could have taught them. So I didn't even finish and decided to go ahead and try to find a new job. I thought I had no skills and I had plenty. I applied for a job (with a temp agency) and got it immediately. I"m still there and it's a very good job. It fits me to a tee and it's amazing how it all worked out.

*hugs* You are exactly where you are supposed to be.

Thank you for that wonderful story. It just goes to show what a beautiful person you truly are....

THANK YOU!

for sharing that with us.

ICT it does me well to see others share so freely

makes me remember to be thankful for all we do have

Thank you for that wonderful story. It just goes to show what a beautiful person you truly are....

THANK YOU!

for sharing that with us.

ICT it does me well to see others share so freely

makes me remember to be thankful for all we do have

See things do happen for a reason. I shared a very personal, very painful story and two people I care for very much were right there to listen and support me...

*kiss*

Thank you Shy. Your story reminded me that the path I'm on right now is for a reason. That I just need to stay the course and things will work out. Your timing was perfect. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you Shy. Your story reminded me that the path I'm on right now is for a reason. That I just need to stay the course and things will work out. Your timing was perfect. Thank you for sharing.

Isn't that amazing when that happens? I have yet another story about that. A really good one too. Probably only one good heartwarming story a day might be enough though. *hugs*

Okay decided to spill it like I do everything else.

I guess about 3 years ago I went from working part time at an insurance company to working full time. I wanted to be home with my kids and part time was perfect for me. My younger son has some learning issues and me spending extra time with him especially was very helpful and I was able to help my oldest keep on a better path than he was choosing. I digress.

The job I went to was NOT my forte. I picked it because I'm great at office work. I'm a good manager and have good skills working in an office. I've done it for years. However this was more financial and data entry. I HATE data entry and I'm not financially inclined and I did not do well. AT all.. I pretty much could not get the hang of it and I was miserable.

Same time my mothers health took a turn for the worst. The was at the last stages of alzheimers and was in the hospital dying.

I was just having such a rough time I couldn't spend time with her like I wanted. I was in a job that I sucked at. I REALLY sucked at this job and my ego was just shot... I was fired. First time IN my life. It was a major blow. Well you know what a blow it is to be asked to leave in the middle of the day, well maybe not. I was embarrassed. I've never been anything but a perfectionist, a superstar in the office, the go to one people depended on and I was asked to leave before it was even 4. After lunch take your stuff go home.

I didn't know at the time my mother was dying but she was. I knew she took a turn for the worst and was in intensive care and yes she was dying. They took her off a feeding tube and it took 12 days. I had 12 precious days I got to spend with my mother. She wasn't in pain and she was totally out of her mind but she knew "me". I'm her baby the one she had whne she was 40. Her eyes followed me everywhere I went and she knew I was important to her until her very last breath.

At the time I was wallowing in the humiliation of being fired but if I hadn't. I would have been at an office instead of where I needed to be. God knows me so well. He knew what a hardheaded person I am and I'd have stayed until the bitter end.

Instead I got to be with family. My older son turned out to be the most grown up amazing person. He was only like 19? 18? He stayed with her every single min he could. He spent the night there. He asked others if they needed coffee. He was there for HER. My husband visited one time. That's another story.

Anyway, things do happen for a reason. I decided to take computer classes and figured out I could have taught them. So I didn't even finish and decided to go ahead and try to find a new job. I thought I had no skills and I had plenty. I applied for a job (with a temp agency) and got it immediately. I"m still there and it's a very good job. It fits me to a tee and it's amazing how it all worked out.

*hugs* You are exactly where you are supposed to be.

life is funny. You think you have fallen so low, then something happens, and the sun did rise, the clouds do go away.:rose:

life is funny. You think you have fallen so low, then something happens, and the sun did rise, the clouds do go away.:rose:

You are so right. There are things that have happened in my life I have completely WISHED away but then they made me who I am, and my life that much richer. :cattail:

You are so right. There are things that have happened in my life I have completely WISHED away but then they made me who I am, and my life that much richer. :cattail:

I can very much relate to that. I work in a very unstable industry where firings are a just about daily event so I'm probably much thicker skinned about stuff like that than most folks but your sharing the human side of that story is very inspiring. Thank you.

John

I confess that I want to not run this marathon i am training for right now because it is really cold here and I think it is cruel to put my body through that...where is my Big Gulp

I'm not ashamed to confess that I'm feeling a little teary-eyed right now after reading about the December 24th Truce of 1914.

For those not familiar with it, the story is that on Christmas Eve on the Western Front of WWII the Austrian/German troops ceased fire and began to decorate the trenches with homemade Christmas decorations. They started singing Christmas carols, and when the British soldiers on the opposing side heard it they responded by singing in English. When the other side heard their song answered numerous shouts of "Merry Christmas" began to call out from one side to the other. There were even requests for the two opposing sides to meet and the men actually ventured into the No Man's Land between the trenches. They met each other with smiles and exchanged small gifts of whatever they had available; pints of whiskey, jars of jam, candy, cigars. They even played football games in some areas. Furthermore, this was all against direct order of their superiors, as a holiday truce had been suggested and shouted down on both sides. The fighting resumed 2 days later.

I dunno, but something about that just makes me feel so good. It's probably one of the best examples of human decency I've ever heard of and it really makes me not feel so awful about the state of the species.

Or maybe I'm just way too soft-hearted...

I'm not ashamed to confess that I'm feeling a little teary-eyed right now after reading about the December 24th Truce of 1914.

For those not familiar with it, the story is that on Christmas Eve on the Western Front of WWII the Austrian/German troops ceased fire and began to decorate the trenches with homemade Christmas decorations. They started singing Christmas carols, and when the British soldiers on the opposing side heard it they responded by singing in English. When the other side heard their song answered numerous shouts of "Merry Christmas" began to call out from one side to the other. There were even requests for the two opposing sides to meet and the men actually ventured into the No Man's Land between the trenches. They met each other with smiles and exchanged small gifts of whatever they had available; pints of whiskey, jars of jam, candy, cigars. They even played football games in some areas. Furthermore, this was all against direct order of their superiors, as a holiday truce had been suggested and shouted down on both sides. The fighting resumed 2 days later.

I dunno, but something about that just makes me feel so good. It's probably one of the best examples of human decency I've ever heard of and it really makes me not feel so awful about the state of the species.

Or maybe I'm just way too soft-hearted...
I didn't know this. Thanks for sharing. It is a little bittersweet. I'd like to think you can't be too softhearted.

I confess that I want to not run this marathon i am training for right now because it is really cold here and I think it is cruel to put my body through that...where is my Big Gulp

In the same position here. Really excited to be training for my first marathon, but the below-freezing temps have made it tough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back