Concerned husband needs advice - Set up wife with her cousin?

LordRahl2

Experienced
Hello everyone,

Wanted to share my current situation with you all and get some opinions, advice, thoughts etc.

I am a 40 year old man. My wife is 35. We’ve been married for the last 10 years. She’s a very sexual person. It’s been difficult for me to keep up with her, but I have tried to keep her satisfied. Unfortunately, about 2 years ago, I was diagnosed with severe diabetes and hypertension. My physical ailments coupled with my stressful job has led to an embarrassing decline in my performance in bed. I haven’t been able to get erections. When I do, it’s been difficult to sustain it.

My lovely wife has been patient with me and has been very loving and caring, but I can sense her frustration. I do take care of her needs through my fingers, tongue or a vibrator. It can’t replace the feel of being fucked by a hard cock, though. I know she misses it and that makes me feel guilty of not being able to satisfy her through intercourse.

One of my wife’s distant cousin moved into our city few months back. He is 36 and unmarried. My wife and he are very close having grown up in the same neighborhood. She speaks very fondly of him and had even admitted to having a crush on him during her college years. I’ve seen a twinkle in her eyes when he’s around. She still looks at him that way when he visits us.

He and I have become good buddies ever since he moved into the city. He comes over every Saturday evening for a drink and both of us talk about several topics of mutual interest. Over the past couple of months, we’ve spoken a few times about my wife. With the buzz of alcohol, he has confessed about finding my wife very attractive and told me how lucky I am. He even lightly flirts with her and I’ve seen her enjoy the attention.

This has got me thinking. My wife’s sexual needs are not being fully satisfied. I don’t want to push her to desperation where she may be tempted at having an affair. I am not selfish to keep her caged while not being able to satisfy her myself. I never had much libido to begin with. If she and her cousin get together, if they want to, it’s completely fine with me, they’d have my blessings. He’d be a much better choice to satisfy her sexually without any romantic entanglement. He’d be a much safer choice from a privacy and social secrecy aspect too.

What do you all think of this? How can I make this happen? Or am I overthinking this?

This is a hot topic, by which I mean really sexy. You are a good husband for putting your wife's needs above yours. You make a good case about her cousin being an ideal sexual partner for her. I recommend you tell her she has the freedom to explore sex outside your marriage, if you haven't already had that talk. If she's open to that idea, bring the topic up of her having sex with her cousin slowly. Give her time to bring it up on her own. If she is pursing other men and hasn't mentioned fucking her cousin, then you can bring him into the fold of possible partners for her. Set some rules since you don't want her to have an affair. Make sure she knows you have a say in who she sleeps with. This will give you peace of mind knowing who she is with, but it will also give you the opportunity to guide her decision toward her cousin. I would not recommend you talk to the cousin about it until you've talked to her.

With that said, as one human to another, I care about you, so I'm going to say what needs to be said: Work on yourself instead of encouraging your wife to fuck other men. Your conditions are completely reversible. You need to quit your job. If you are a business owner, hire a consultant to help you remove yourself from the day-to-day activities of your business. If you are an employee, there are other jobs out there. I rarely tell people to quit their jobs, but this job is ruining your marriage, and most of all, it's FUCKING KILLING YOU! You will be dead within ten years if you keep this up. Do whatever you have to do to quit your job, whether that's pay off some debts, sell the house, sell a car... whatever it is. You can't keep this up for much longer.

Get your health back before it's too late. After that, you and your wife can talk about opening up your marriage when you have a happy, healthy sex life together. Allowing her to sleep with other men is sexy as fuck, but it won't fix your marriage and health issues. She wants you, otherwise she would have left you or, at the very least, she would have already had an affair. Don't die on her and leave her with nothing but her cousin.

If she does fuck her cousin, come back and tell us about it, though. :)

This is a hot topic, by which I mean really sexy. You are a good husband for putting your wife's needs above yours. You make a good case about her cousin being an ideal sexual partner for her. I recommend you tell her she has the freedom to explore sex outside your marriage, if you haven't already had that talk. If she's open to that idea, bring the topic up of her having sex with her cousin slowly. Give her time to bring it up on her own. If she is pursing other men and hasn't mentioned fucking her cousin, then you can bring him into the fold of possible partners for her. Set some rules since you don't want her to have an affair. Make sure she knows you have a say in who she sleeps with. This will give you peace of mind knowing who she is with, but it will also give you the opportunity to guide her decision toward her cousin. I would not recommend you talk to the cousin about it until you've talked to her.

With that said, as one human to another, I care about you, so I'm going to say what needs to be said: Work on yourself instead of encouraging your wife to fuck other men. Your conditions are completely reversible. You need to quit your job. If you are a business owner, hire a consultant to help you remove yourself from the day-to-day activities of your business. If you are an employee, there are other jobs out there. I rarely tell people to quit their jobs, but this job is ruining your marriage, and most of all, it's FUCKING KILLING YOU! You will be dead within ten years if you keep this up. Do whatever you have to do to quit your job, whether that's pay off some debts, sell the house, sell a car... whatever it is. You can't keep this up for much longer.

Get your health back before it's too late. After that, you and your wife can talk about opening up your marriage when you have a happy, healthy sex life together. Allowing her to sleep with other men is sexy as fuck, but it won't fix your marriage and health issues. She wants you, otherwise she would have left you or, at the very least, she would have already had an affair. Don't die on her and leave her with nothing but her cousin.

Thanks for the detailed well thought out reply. Appreciate it!

I am trying to get my health back on track. It's been a slow process. Still, I've never been able to match my wife's sexual appetite even back when I was healthy. I always had the feeling that she's not able to enjoy herself to her full potential. She's a very good looking, sexy woman who has always had a fair number of admirers at her office. She doesn't keep secrets from me and openly talks about her male colleagues flirting with her. We've laughed and joked about it. We've also had roleplays in bed where I've pretended to be one of her colleagues. Beyond that, we have never discussed the possibility of her exploring sex outside marriage.

I'm glad to hear that your health is a priority for you. You are so young to have these kinds of issues. So many men in their 40s and 50s experience this, but most just think it's a normal part of middle age and roll with it. It's not normal. Whoever you work for doesn't care about you. They are milking you for everything you'll allow them to. You know who does care about you? Your hot wife! And it sounds like her cousin cares about you, too.

I've known a particular guy for many years. In his 50s he started dating a 20-something. He was at her house one evening, just hanging out. They weren't having sex, but evidently the only thing she had on was a t-shirt and a thong. She got up from her seat, and the dude had a freaking heart attack when he saw her ass! Don't become this guy. Live long enough to watch your wife fuck her cousin without the excitement killing you.

You have a good problem on your hands with your wife's sexual appetite being more than you can keep up with, even before your health began to fail. Do you feel comfortable having the talk with her about her exploring sex with other men?

p.s., my friend didn't die. He lived to tell the story. I'd like you to live to tell us the story of your wife and her cousin, too.

I suggest that you talk to your wife before you fuck thing up. Tell her you are concerned that she isn't being satisfied sexually because of your health problems, and ask her how she feels about taking a lover. If she is receptive, then ask her how she feels about her cousin. If she is receptive to taking her cousin as a lover, I'm sure she will know how to make it happen. She's not stupid. And if she does need your help, she will tell you.

Hello everyone,

Wanted to share my current situation with you all and get some opinions, advice, thoughts etc.

I am a 40 year old man. My wife is 35. We’ve been married for the last 10 years. She’s a very sexual person. It’s been difficult for me to keep up with her, but I have tried to keep her satisfied. Unfortunately, about 2 years ago, I was diagnosed with severe diabetes and hypertension. My physical ailments coupled with my stressful job has led to an embarrassing decline in my performance in bed. I haven’t been able to get erections. When I do, it’s been difficult to sustain it.

My lovely wife has been patient with me and has been very loving and caring, but I can sense her frustration. I do take care of her needs through my fingers, tongue or a vibrator. It can’t replace the feel of being fucked by a hard cock, though. I know she misses it and that makes me feel guilty of not being able to satisfy her through intercourse.

One of my wife’s distant cousin moved into our city few months back. He is 36 and unmarried. My wife and he are very close having grown up in the same neighborhood. She speaks very fondly of him and had even admitted to having a crush on him during her college years. I’ve seen a twinkle in her eyes when he’s around. She still looks at him that way when he visits us.

He and I have become good buddies ever since he moved into the city. He comes over every Saturday evening for a drink and both of us talk about several topics of mutual interest. Over the past couple of months, we’ve spoken a few times about my wife. With the buzz of alcohol, he has confessed about finding my wife very attractive and told me how lucky I am. He even lightly flirts with her and I’ve seen her enjoy the attention.

This has got me thinking. My wife’s sexual needs are not being fully satisfied. I don’t want to push her to desperation where she may be tempted at having an affair. I am not selfish to keep her caged while not being able to satisfy her myself. I never had much libido to begin with. If she and her cousin get together, if they want to, it’s completely fine with me, they’d have my blessings. He’d be a much better choice to satisfy her sexually without any romantic entanglement. He’d be a much safer choice from a privacy and social secrecy aspect too.

What do you all think of this? How can I make this happen? Or am I overthinking this?
The key is what does your wife think. In your situation it would be good if you gave her the freedom to take a lover but let her choose who and when. It would take the pressure off of you and give her a chance for some good sex. We are older and my husband has had prostate surgery so I assume a similar situation to yours. He encourages me to explore and to take lovers if I choose. We enjoy the talking about it as we plan it. I get some good sex and he enjoys being involved as a voyeur. It can work if you are both OK with it but don't try to set her up. Simply talk to her and make some suggestions.

It sounds like she has one foot in the door already.
Treat to a nice home-cooked meal with plenty of wine and break the ice. At the very least, tell her how you feel, for your own health if nothing else. Hypertension is a killer.
And yes, tell us how this turns out. ;)

I suggest that you talk to your wife before you fuck thing up.

Naturally this issue should be discussed with your wife.

The key is what does your wife think. In your situation it would be good if you gave her the freedom to take a lover but let her choose who and when.
Thank you all for your kind advice. Yes, open communication is the key.

Yesterday evening, wife's cousin came over for a drink and dinner. After he left, my wife was very horny when we retired to bed at night. I fingered her and used vibrator to bring her to orgasm. She played with my cock, which got hard for sometime but then went limp again.

I told her about my feelings of guilt and inadequacy for not being able to fully satisfy her. She was very understanding of my situation and sympathized with me but did admit to feeling frustrated at times. She appreciated me taking care of her needs through other means but missed the feel of a real hard cock in her pussy.

I floated the option of her seeking sexual satisfaction outside of our marriage. I told her I was completely fine with it and didn't want to hold her back. She was silent for a while and told me she'd thought about it few months back during a moment of extreme frustration. But she had cooled down later and felt she could never cheat on me. She thanked me for prioritising her needs and loving her enough to consider this option. It was a very touching moment and we couldn't help but be a little teary eyed. We hugged and kissed for a while expressing our love for each other.

I had realized that she hadn't explicitly shot down the option I had proposed. I told her, now that I was fine with it, she could consider it without feeling the guilt of cheating on me. She said she'd think about it, since there was a lot to consider before taking such a step. She wasn't willing to discuss it further so I let it drop.

The key is what does your wife think. In your situation it would be good if you gave her the freedom to take a lover but let her choose who and when. It would take the pressure off of you and give her a chance for some good sex. We are older and my husband has had prostate surgery so I assume a similar situation to yours. He encourages me to explore and to take lovers if I choose. We enjoy the talking about it as we plan it. I get some good sex and he enjoys being involved as a voyeur. It can work if you are both OK with it but don't try to set her up. Simply talk to her and make some suggestions.
I am curious to know the points of discussion you and your husband had before you took the leap.

My wife and I are not at that stage, yet I could foresee three immediate concerns if we decide to go this route -

1) I don't want her to become romantically/emotionally involved. I know this is completely out of my hands and something she has to decide. She loves me a lot but she's also a very emotional person. This is one of the reason I want her to be with her cousin so that the romantic angle is negated. How do you deal with this?

2) I am currently fine with my wife enjoying sex outside of marriage. Yet, I am doubtful of how I'd feel once it actually happens. I hope to keep an open mind free of jealousy. Did your husband ever had to deal with such feelings?

3) Concerns related to privacy and secrecy. I wouldn't want this to be common knowledge within our family, friends and neighbours. How do you deal with that?

I hope I am not overstepping by asking such private questions in open forum. Would appreciate a reply here or through PM if that's fine with you.

I am curious to know the points of discussion you and your husband had before you took the leap.

My wife and I are not at that stage, yet I could foresee three immediate concerns if we decide to go this route -

1) I don't want her to become romantically/emotionally involved. I know this is completely out of my hands and something she has to decide. She loves me a lot but she's also a very emotional person. This is one of the reason I want her to be with her cousin so that the romantic angle is negated. How do you deal with this?

2) I am currently fine with my wife enjoying sex outside of marriage. Yet, I am doubtful of how I'd feel once it actually happens. I hope to keep an open mind free of jealousy. Did your husband ever had to deal with such feelings?

3) Concerns related to privacy and secrecy. I wouldn't want this to be common knowledge within our family, friends and neighbours. How do you deal with that?

I hope I am not overstepping by asking such private questions in open forum. Would appreciate a reply here or through PM if that's fine with you.
We started by talking about swapping but then discovered it was far easier for me to find a man than it was for us to find a couple. Part of the problem is that we got started just as Covid hit. There is going to be some emotion involved. At least I can not fuck a man without some emotion. But that emotion is lust and not love. Love is about the entire marriage not just about the sex and I have no problem separating them. One of the things we talked about was that I was not going to hold back. If I was enjoying it, I was going to be obvious about it. He was fine with that and actually enjoys seeing me get a bit wild as I hit my peak.
If you are concerned about privacy, I would stay away from family members. I do not meet with guys from our neighborhood or who are part of our social circle. My husband and I may become friends with them and I often do things with them like hiking but they are not part of our normal group. The most important thing is that you need to be really sure you are OK with this. If you are watching and she has a very intense orgasm, is that going to bother you?

We started by talking about swapping but then discovered it was far easier for me to find a man than it was for us to find a couple. Part of the problem is that we got started just as Covid hit. There is going to be some emotion involved. At least I can not fuck a man without some emotion. But that emotion is lust and not love. Love is about the entire marriage not just about the sex and I have no problem separating them. One of the things we talked about was that I was not going to hold back. If I was enjoying it, I was going to be obvious about it. He was fine with that and actually enjoys seeing me get a bit wild as I hit my peak.
If you are concerned about privacy, I would stay away from family members. I do not meet with guys from our neighborhood or who are part of our social circle. My husband and I may become friends with them and I often do things with them like hiking but they are not part of our normal group. The most important thing is that you need to be really sure you are OK with this. If you are watching and she has a very intense orgasm, is that going to bother you?
You’ve made some very good points and I agree 100%. You sound like an enlightened and intelligent woman.

😂 you could be both. If you are a horny old broad I couldn’t hold it against you since because I’m just a horny old goat.

I had realized that she hadn't explicitly shot down the option I had proposed. I told her, now that I was fine with it, she could consider it without feeling the guilt of cheating on me. She said she'd think about it, since there was a lot to consider before taking such a step. She wasn't willing to discuss it further so I let it drop.
It's good that you didn't push the conversation. Being too pushy in this situation can have a negative effect on her part. If you are too pushy, she could get the feeling that you don't love her any longer and want her to find someone else. I suggest that you let her think about it for a while and when the time is right, bring it up again. Let her sort through her feelings for a while.

Some years ago, I had a close friend who lost the ability to have sex through an industrial accident. He and his wife loved each other dearly, but he was of little benefit in the bedroom. It took many conversations before she agreed to take a lover. Her fear was that it would damage her marriage, the last thing she wanted.

After many conversations, and reassurance that her marriage was strong and would endure, she agreed.

After she was certain it wouldn't disrupt her marriage, she made her choice. She choose the one person she felt she could trust to not interfere in her marriage: his brother. And it took more conversations to convince the brother.

After all was settled, his brother would come over for dinner on the weekends, and after dinner, he and my friend's wife would go to the bedroom and fuck. Totally enjoying themselves without any feeling of guilt. After they finished, they would go to the living room and all three would have a beer and watch TV.

The inability to perform sexually is not an uncommon problem in marriages, and when a couple approach the problem as mature adults, there is always a solution.

After she was certain it wouldn't disrupt her marriage, she made her choice. She choose the one person she felt she could trust to not interfere in her marriage: his brother. And it took more conversations to convince the brother.
On a similar note, there's always a possibility of developing romantic feelings for someone so intimate. Which is why I feel my wife's cousin would be the best choice if they both go for it. He's very distantly related to her and they're close only coz they grew up in the same neighborhood. I know for a fact that he doesn't have the inclination for any romantic relationships which is why he's still single. He's had several 'friends-with-benefit' over the years which my wife knows too.

Now it's up to her to decide what she wants. I am happy as long she's happy and our marriage stays strong.

Last edited:
We had further discussion today initiated by my wife. She has started giving it some serious thought. Her biggest concern is regarding the strength and stability of our marriage if she were to have sex with someone else. I told her I want her to be happy and sexually satisfied. I hope it'll strengthen our marriage by taking the guilt off me while providing her with an outlet. The only caveat that she should see this arrangement as purely sexual without any romantic entanglement. It feels like she is favorable towards the idea but wants me to coax and reassure her to go ahead.

We had further discussion today initiated by my wife. She has started giving it some serious thought. Her biggest concern is regarding the strength and stability of our marriage if she were to have sex with someone else. I told her I want her to be happy and sexually satisfied. I hope it'll strengthen our marriage by taking the guilt off me while providing her with an outlet. The only caveat that she should see this arrangement as purely sexual without any romantic entanglement. It feels like she is favorable towards the idea but wants me to coax and reassure her to go ahead.
My suggestion would be, before your wife makes a final decision as to whether or not to take a lover, spend some time together, one-on-one, and talk about the things that are important to both of you in life. Maybe even take a vacation and strengthen you bond. More than anything, she needs to know beyond any doubt that you love and want her, and you have suggested that she take a lover only because of your love for her. For this to work, the love bond between you has to be rock solid.

Your idea of her cousin is not a bad idea. Even though he is a distant cousin, technically, it is still incest, and being so, it is less likely she would become romantically involved with someone to whom she is related. But at the same time, she has to be OK with this idea also.

What ever direction you and your wife choose, I strongly suggest that you don't try to put too many constraints or rules around it. It is important for you to be free to express your own emotions, concerns, considerations, etc. But it is a fine line between that and telling her how you would like her to feel. Once you cross that line it becomes harder for her to be fully open with you or with yourself.

Expressing your concern for her sexual satisfaction and openness to her taking a lover is a good start. But respectfully I don't think it is your place to tell her who she should be attracted to. If she asks your opinion that is fair game. Otherwise, by even suggesting one man you may be making it more difficult for her to truly express herself if she prefers another. Likewise she cannot know what feelings she will experience. They will not be voluntary and it is unfair to put her in a position of feeling guilty for having a more intense reaction than she anticipated. It is fine to discuss the premise that this is all about a physical experience and a more intimate romantic connection might be problematic. But how you address that is different- making it forbidden to have romantic feelings is like making it forbidden to be sad or angry. We don't control those things. We can only hope to control how we react such as perhaps pulling back if the feelings get too intense.

There is an inconsistency with saying you want her to experience sexual pleasure - which is intrinsically personal - but you want to decide with whom and what she is or isn't allowed to experience which subordinates her personal experience.

Hello everyone,

Step 1: go to a urologist and find out the medical condition for your inability to perform. In 90% of the cases there is an actual physical reason that can be addressed and corrected in short order. IF you are more jonesing for a way to get your wife to have sex with someone else so be it - but don't encourage her to go fucking someone else if its truly just about your poor performance which can be corrected. Now, if you legitimately pursue help and can not find a solution and still can't properly fuck her, and you are ok with cousin jim bob or whoever fucking her, then so be it. I am just saying, make sure you have exhausted every angle beforehand. Once she fucks someone else, you can not put that genie back in the bottle. And while she might be relieved to get some good dick, don't think for a second there won't be times she thinks badly of you giving her up to some other guy. It is all complicated and result in a world of shit for everyone. If you sincerely want to go through with it though its real simple, have her wear something sexy when cousin jim bob is coming over, pour everyone a few drinks, and simply make the suggestion. It doesn't take alot to get horny people who are attracted to each other to fuck each other. Just remember, what comes out of pandora's box stays out of pandora's box.

Damnit. Nailed it. I am 62. Last year I had a complete prostrate removal. Guess most don’t understand that. I didn’t. No cum. Dick is about half size. But you still can have an organism. My wife is smoking hot bohemian czech. OMG. married 42 years. I want her happy. Fucking her cousin? I don’t know? I am working on a come back. Penis pump if needed.

Damnit. Nailed it. I am 62. Last year I had a complete prostrate removal. Guess most don’t understand that. I didn’t. No cum. Dick is about half size. But you still can have an organism. My wife is smoking hot bohemian czech. OMG. married 42 years. I want her happy. Fucking her cousin? I don’t know? I am working on a come back. Penis pump if needed.
Life is rarely fair, or even just at times. With that said, we reach a point in life where we do what we have to do to find a little happiness, not only for ourselves, but for those we love. We follow the social rules when we can, but as I said, sometimes life just isn't fair.

You mentioned that you had your prostate removed. I assume the reason was cancer, being the most common reason for that type of surgery. When that happens, it's just not fair! But, it's better to be alive without a prostate than dead with one.

Not only is it unfair to you, but it terribly unfair to your wife, who did nothing to deserve this. So what do you do? Certainly a penis pump is an option, as is oral sex and toys, but if you gave her permission to take a lover, while socially taboo, would it be the end of the world? After all, she's been with you for 42 years, it's unlikely she's going to leave you now.

you made the point:
"I want her happy. Fucking her cousin? I don’t know?"

Incest! What an ugly sounding word!

A hypothetical question:
Other than being socially taboo, and your friends and family would be disgusted if they knew, why is incest such a bad thing?

Even if pregnancy were a concern, such as LordRahl's wife, (she's 35), that can be easily avoided these days with birth control.

So, eliminating the risk of pregnancy, not considering the taboo of it, why is a family member not an option in cases where the husband has the misfortune of being unable to perform sexually?

Even though I posted this in response to Texountryboy's comment, I would be interested in anyone's opinion.

If the marriage is strong, why should it not be an option? How much should a person, (man or woman), suffer for something that is not their fault?

Oh I think I agree. Let’s not get too far Down the road. I don’t want my wife to fuck her cousins. We have a good sex life as it is. As was said I’ll eat her pussy in a New York second, long kisses and masturbation. All works. And there are toys. My bride has always tried to hide her kink side. But I have always known she loves a good toy fucking while she sucks my cock. I can usually get her to squirt. (My favorite) Only problem now. No cum. She can feel it pulsing in her mouth but the organisms are dry. These are some things that most men don’t know. Better get educated. My urologists says 90-94% of men die with prostate cancer. Not from but with. Mine was extremely aggressive. Only found it doing blood work to have knee surgery. For years my PSA. Was 0.04
And then it was 7.8 three months later 9.3. And as was said. Better without my prostate than dead. Mine hit 15. Before I could get it cut out due to no elective surgery because of COVID in 2020. I am pure country boy. 6’1” 250# loves sex with my bride. Never imagined others except in fantasy land. Now. She has a red headed cousin that’s been a fantasy for a long time!!! LoL. Enjoy friends. Study long and hard before you rush in.

Back