Christian writers and readers meet here!

Hi, I'm Crim, and I'm a Christian.

LOL, why do I feel like we're in some 12 step help program? :p

Seriously though, I am one of those that kind of struggles to coincide being a Christian and writing erotica. I think alot of Christians tend to get way too judegmental about things. <shrugs>

My family are all Christians (my sister and BIL are like right hand people to our pastor, who happens to be my cousin, lol). I know if any of them knew what I wrote, they'd have a conniption fit.

Even though I struggle with it in my mind, I don't feel any conviction to stop, so I guess my mind will just have to deal.

*smiles*hiya and welcome :)

I think it's good to continually question yourself (as has been said earlier in the thread) and I also think alot of the hoo -ha over sex that seems to be par of the course in churches is man made and not really God made :)

Well yes, the thing is you do have to take things in context. :)

I think, and this is only me thinking, that sex is only a problem if you use it to hurt someone or the way you use it has the potential to hurt someone. That whole lusting after your neighbours wife thing etc.

I think if sex becomes the centre of your thoughts thats not right and you have to centre yourself on God again.

The God thing is God forgives.

Thank goodness!

Colleen Thomas said:
Hey El. I'm a southern baptist. Compared to my orientation and my pro-choice stance, reading and writing Erotica is probably the least of my transgressions ;)

Colly, your orientation is as lovely as you are. I'm Southern Baptist too (I think I said that above) and I accept no thoughts that Jesus loves us or withholds his love based on we were made lesbian, straight or in my case bi. Its how we treat others, which is exactly what he instructed us to do

I keep trying to be upbeat and not enguage in deep discussions but I keep getting drawn in...

O.K. here goes.... I have trouble believeing in the bible as a word for word document.

We have no idea WHEN the bible was written much less (for the most part) by WHOM. We have no idea how long it was passed from mouth to mouth like a big game of telephone.

Finally it was written in several languages which are subject to intrepretation. I have trouble understanding Shakespere sometimes... let alone an unknown and writer from an unknown time (read that changed context) interpreted by a commission appointed by the pope who had his own agenda.

We also know that a human commission CHOSE which books to include and EXCLUDED a number of them. We have NO idea WHY those excluded books were excluded.

As a guideline for my life, I have no problem using it as sourse material. I don't believe that there are any lies in the bible... BUT neither do I believe that it is complete or accurate and some of the stories may well have been parables (Ie. ficticious stories told to make a point not to be litteral).

Therefore, it's meaning to our sex lives is in defenite question.

Guess I better see if I can find some refrigerated undies.. since some of ya will think I just condemned myself to eturnity in a place where I won't have to deal with subzero temperatures and will have difficulty finding ice for my drinks.

dreampilot I totally agree. I meant to write something like that but i must have got sidelined *L* There is no doubting God is in the bible and he passed on a message to folks but that message has gone through many hands and it gets a bit like chinese whispers doesn't it?

Which is why we should always be questioning and talking to God. Always.

English Lady said:
Well yes, the thing is you do have to take things in context. :)

I think, and this is only me thinking, that sex is only a problem if you use it to hurt someone or the way you use it has the potential to hurt someone. That whole lusting after your neighbours wife thing etc.

I think if sex becomes the centre of your thoughts thats not right and you have to centre yourself on God again.

The God thing is God forgives.

Thank goodness!

EL... I agree.. BUT... my own interpretation... lusting after your neighbor depends on the context and the way you do it.

It is nearly impossible for most of us to avoid sexual thoughts for a hunk or a honey. Human nature.

It is a very real sin if you act on that without the context being well known. translation.... it is wrong if it is destructive to your or their relationship... but.....

Think about the saying that if you even think of sex with someone other than your spouse, you are committing adultery. :rolleyes:

I think that pretty much means all of us.

Nonsense dreampilot, you won't need those frozen undies. Beyond your other, good points it has to be remembered that the Bible, particularly the Old Testament, was written (if that's the word I want) for a nomadic herding people and had to be understood by them. Thus God stops the sun (which he is perfectly capable of doing IMHO) because a nomadic people of course believed the sun revolved around the Earth. Etc.

rhinoguy said:
pilot,
not by me.

I think it is very valid to question all thta. I know i do.

There MAY indeed be mor eto the story..omitted books.

There is a point where one believes

I BELIEVE that there is more...much more that i cannot even understand. I have no problem with that.

I have no problem with it either...UNLESS... you start quoting me word for word and telling me that your reading is the ONLY one.

Hell.. I've come close to hearing... I READ IT RIGHT... YOU READ IT WRONG... AND IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE MY WAY I'M GONNA SHOOT YOUR ASS.

Now we start to have a conflict...lol

patricia51 said:
Colly, your orientation is as lovely as you are. I'm Southern Baptist too (I think I said that above) and I accept no thoughts that Jesus loves us or withholds his love based on we were made lesbian, straight or in my case bi. Its how we treat others, which is exactly what he instructed us to do

Amen Sister :)

Dreampilot...hun human nature is pretty flawed hun. Thats why we have to deny it now and then *L*

Anyhow lets agree to disagree. It's all about what we personally believe yes? As longas we're agreed about the big stuff, the rest is personal preference :)

crim ....I hear ya, I certainly do. I guess it depends what you mean by lusting. I think it means a forsaking your own partner and lusting purely after someone elses*L* thats not good.

a bit of healthy fantasy is that...healthy *L*

patricia51 said:
Nonsense dreampilot, you won't need those frozen undies. Beyond your other, good points it has to be remembered that the Bible, particularly the Old Testament, was written (if that's the word I want) for a nomadic herding people and had to be understood by them. Thus God stops the sun (which he is perfectly capable of doing IMHO) because a nomadic people of course believed the sun revolved around the Earth. Etc.

I totally agree.. why I fail to see the problem between creationists and scientists.

The only problem is the time period... and I don't think herdsman had numbers in the billions and none of us can understand a billion years.

When the bible laid out the creation of the earth in 7 days.... it didn't mean 7 24 hour days. It meant a time that people could understand or a story that could be understood.

Anyone besides me notice that the ORDER of creation is correct? That it was done in steps and not all at once?

So you have your choice... science is wrong, the bible is wrong ..... or the bible isn't litteral..

If the bible isn't completely litteral.. then can we pick and choose what is litteral and what isn't?

EL.....I have to say...WOW and thank you again for this forum. I reply and by the time I can look at my email and go nominate Colly Thomas as "Most Influential Writer of the Year" (hint) there are half a dozen new posts here and I enjoy everyone of them, and the people that are writing them.

Patricia you're a sweetheart. (and yes i must think about my nominations :) ) I'm glad you're enjoying this thread. I really did feel led to start it. I kept trying to resist but I gave in this morning *L*

dreampilot79 said:
I totally agree.. why I fail to see the problem between creationists and scientists.

The only problem is the time period... and I don't think herdsman had numbers in the billions and none of us can understand a billion years.

When the bible laid out the creation of the earth in 7 days.... it didn't mean 7 24 hour days. It meant a time that people could understand or a story that could be understood.

Anyone besides me notice that the ORDER of creation is correct? That it was done in steps and not all at once?

So you have your choice... science is wrong, the bible is wrong ..... or the bible isn't litteral..

If the bible isn't completely litteral.. then can we pick and choose what is litteral and what isn't?

I think this is where the whole discernment thing comes in. you have to read the bible and trust the holy spirit to guide you.

You can't say its all litteral butyou can't say its not either. There literally were jews in egypt, romans in judea etc etc and so some bits you have to take literally. You need to read with your eyes and feel with your heart when you read the Word of God.

Thats my thought anyway.

Otherwise this conversation could go on forever because each of us have a very personal faith and very personal beliefs.

Back