Challenge - How Distinctive Is Your Writing?

minsue said:
Not that it's really any of my business, but wouldn't it be safer to be an "opt in" exercise than an "opt out"? There's 35 pages to this thread and it's certainly possible that one or more people have no idea their work will be posted as part of a submission unless they tell you not to. :confused:

Yes, it's safer. It's just a lot more work. If I have to PM everyone, I'll pass on the endeavor. If someone else wants to help, I'd welcome it.

impressive said:
Yes, it's safer. It's just a lot more work. If I have to PM everyone, I'll pass on the endeavor. If someone else wants to help, I'd welcome it.

I'll gladly take half :)

I'm seriously flattered by who was thought to write my piece.
5 thought Oggbashan
4 thought Gauchecritic
2 thought fallingtofly
2 thought past perfect
2 thought drkside
and one each thought Liar, Jenny Jackson, Redhaired and friendly, The Fool and TheeGoatPig.

Three people got me right - wasn't expecting that, didn't think I'd been around long enough to have discernible style.

Just as good (if not better) was what people thought I wrote.
3 thought I wrote Selena's!
3 thought Ogg's
3 thought past perfect's
There were 2 votes each for gauchecritic's, matriarch's and crimsonmaiden's.
One vote for most of the others.

The only people's work free from my name were fallingtofly and stella omega.

starrkers said:
I'm seriously flattered by who was thought to write my piece.
5 thought Oggbashan
4 thought Gauchecritic
2 thought fallingtofly
2 thought past perfect
2 thought drkside
and one each thought Liar, Jenny Jackson, Redhaired and friendly, The Fool and TheeGoatPig.

Three people got me right - wasn't expecting that, didn't think I'd been around long enough to have discernible style.

Just as good (if not better) was what people thought I wrote.
3 thought I wrote Selena's!
3 thought Ogg's
3 thought past perfect's
There were 2 votes each for gauchecritic's, matriarch's and crimsonmaiden's.
One vote for most of the others.

The only people's work free from my name were fallingtofly and stella omega.
I felt much the same way.

5 people thought mine was written by Fallenfromgrace. :heart:
4 people thought mine was written by damppanties
3 people thought mine was written by Jushorny, or Perfect_Munachi
And I got 1 vote each for inlovewithyourghost, Skip1934a, TE999, and Vermillion

To say that I'm flattered is an understatement.

I was surprised that so many people guessed mine correctly. When I was rolling the 20 sided dice for my groups guessing I got nervous when I had gotten to my story and my number hadn't come up. Then when I rolled my number for my story I wasn't sure what to do. I considered re-rolling, but figured that would be against the whole point of it. :D Still, 7 people guessed mine corretly. I'm curious as to why that is. :p Was it purely luck, or is my writing style that noticable? lol, I'm too damned curious for my own good. :cool:

Four People got me right:

Imp
Vana
Dampy
Neo

Stories people though i had written- which i am SO SO flattered about for some of them :D

5 people thought i wrote Trombie's (i got him right)
5 people thought i wrote Remec's
4 People thought i wrote Vermillion's (I got her right- it was the use of Englishisms!)
2 people thought i wrote Perfect_munachi's
1 person thought i wrote Ghost's, CharleyH's, Rebeca's and Cheerful_deviant's

Alternative Author's assigned to my piece:

6 people thought Neoneurotic wrote mine
5 people thought Vermillion wrote mine
2 people thought Jushorny, perfect_munachi or Skip wrote mine
1 person thought Trombie, Ghost or rebecca wrote mine

:)

I was utterly flattered by Simon's comment- he didn't know who wrote it, but he thought it was "Shit hot"
*sigh of happiness*

Ok, now that it's finally over I just have to say this...

People Please! You pick me as the writer of a story with a guy in it?! Come on! Go look in my profile and try to find one story with a male as the main character! Sheesh. CD=Lesbian Smut :catroar:

*pant, pant, pant*

Ok, I feel better now. :cathappy:

Crap, late again, as usual. Oh well...

And so it's over. It sure was fun. :)

Let's see now:

My contribution was attributed more than once to:

CharleyH (6)
Vermilion (4)
i_love_u_in_me (4)
RebeccaLeah (3)
cheerful_deviant(2)
inlovewithyourghost(2).

Other authors contributions attributed to me more than once were:

neonurotic (6)
Remec (5)
Skip1934a (3)
i_love_u_in_me (2)

I'm flattered to be thought of as being as good an author as these fine folks.

Oh yes, I was wild card 3 times.

These numbers seem a bit off...oh well...I'll look once more when I get a moment.

At least they're better than my guesses! None right! :eek:

All in all I had a fine time. Let's do this again soon. :D

Thanks, everyone.

cheerful_deviant said:

People Please! You pick me as the writer of a story with a guy in it?! Come on! Go look in my profile and try to find one story with a male as the main character! Sheesh. CD=Lesbian Smut :catroar:

*pant, pant, pant*

And thus we learn more about our freinds... :cathappy:

cheerful_deviant said:

*pant, pant, pant*

maybe they figured you would deliberately write against type?

I was really surprised that 9 (!) people guessed my piece right, although I haven't been around that long and my obvious train fetish didn't play a role in this one ;) Simon's guess that I am a butch lesbian honours me, but I readily admit that I was in stitches when I read that... :D

Well, thanks to minsue for all the work she put in, and it has been great fun - and certainly got me curious about several writers I'd like to read up on, time permitting.

Skip1934a said:
Is my writing so bad that everybody can pick it out? I think I'll go back to writing Technical Manuals for the Nuclear Power Industry. :rolleyes:

Okay, it's confession time, folks. How many of you thought that FTF would know my entry and guessed as she did?

Not bad at all, just 'distinctive'. :D

I guessed yours based on a couple of lines:

Skip said:
It was a hot summer day in June of 1959 when the Nancy Hanks pulled out of Terminal Station and headed toward Savannah.

I retired early with several million dollars, and had nothing better to do than ride the rails.

Trombonus said:
4 people thought mine was written by damppanties
If I wasn't me, I'd say I wrote that one too. :D
It is kind of the stuff I'd write, more than the one that was most attributed to me. But what do I know. :eek:

past_perfect said:
...Simon's guess that I am a butch lesbian honours me, but I readily admit that I was in stitches when I read that... :D

I think Simon was very brave to put up his thinking about the stories. However he worked it out, he was almost certain to make a howler or two.

My straight lists of incompetent guesses were much less embarrassing. I didn't reveal whether I just guessed or spent many hours of research. Whichever I did, the result was incompetent. :eek:

Thanks again to minsue for all the work.

Og

Simon didnt have such an in depth analysis of group b did he? i'd have been interested to see such information...

Fallenfromgrace said:
Stories people though i had written- which i am SO SO flattered about for some of them :D[/B]

4 People thought i wrote Vermillion's (I got her right- it was the use of Englishisms!)

Alternative Author's assigned to my piece:

5 people thought Vermillion wrote mine

:)

Guess we must have similar styles, huh? <goes off to read more of FfG's stories>

x
V

Fallenfromgrace said:
Simon didnt have such an in depth analysis of group b did he? i'd have been interested to see such information...
It's half done, I just never finished it. Would you like me to look even more foolish?

Back