Bunny's Stuffie Corner

Life is too short to spend it in a job that feels like hell, so I am sure you did a good decision, Bunny! Hope everything will work out the way you desire! 🌹 *Huggs*

Supposedly, caffeine doesn't "give" you energy. It just borrows energy from the future. I think I've borrowed so much at this point that I'm dead in the future, and that's why it's not working anymore. :cautious:

Daddy twisted his knee trying to keep his dad from falling on the stairs the other day. So he's limping around right now. I told him I'd come take care of him if he'd let me, and he thanked me for it. But I guarantee you, he won't let me take care of him. :rolleyes:

He's supposed to take care of everyone else, but nobody is allowed to take care of him. :mad:

So my dad has been steadily going downhill. His face, hands, legs, feet, and stomach are all swollen with fluid. He can't catch his breath. He's dizzy, and the heart monitor he wore a couple of weeks ago said he was in a-fib 16% of the overall time, once for an 11 hour stretch.

We went to back to the cardiologist Friday. Most of his tests came back clear, so there are no blockages in his heart or anything. But the doctor is still concerned, obviously, with these other symptoms. He gave my dad a diuretic to get rid of all the fluid and a med for heart arrhythmias.

My mom said he didn't go to work today. I don't know how well the meds are working. The cardiologist is hoping to rule out heart failure, but I fear that's going to be what the problem is. We go back again to the cardiologist on Friday.

To top it all off, I'm either sick now, too, or having a really bad allergy attack. So frustrating.

Pretty sure what I was blaming on allergies is actually a sinus infection, too. Dammit.

Update: And now I've pulled a muscle in my side from coughing. 😑

Last edited:
So I went with my father to the cardiologist again Friday. He was really no better, so the doctor had them draw blood for some more tests.

I didn't expect to hear anything back from the tests til Monday at the earliest, so I came back home. However, after I'd been home for maybe an hour, the doctor called my mother and told her to bring him to the ER immediately because his blood count was dangerously low.

He was admitted into ICU after 8 hours in the ER. He's had 5 units of blood so far. They're trying to figure out why he was so low in the first place. According to my mother, he's been ornery and a general pain in the ass. I haven't been down because they both told me not to come, so I didn't. I probably should have, but I'm tired, y'all.

So I went with my father to the cardiologist again Friday. He was really no better, so the doctor had them draw blood for some more tests.

I didn't expect to hear anything back from the tests til Monday at the earliest, so I came back home. However, after I'd been home for maybe an hour, the doctor called my mother and told her to bring him to the ER immediately because his blood count was dangerously low.

He was admitted into ICU after 8 hours in the ER. He's had 5 units of blood so far. They're trying to figure out why he was so low in the first place. According to my mother, he's been ornery and a general pain in the ass. I haven't been down because they both told me not to come, so I didn't. I probably should have, but I'm tired, y'all.
I’m sorry Bunny!

He is in the best place he can be right now though and there wouldn’t be mych you could do there right now.
Fingers crossed that they find the underlying issue quickly and can get it straightened out soon.

Hugs!

I’m sorry Bunny!

He is in the best place he can be right now though and there wouldn’t be mych you could do there right now.
Fingers crossed that they find the underlying issue quickly and can get it straightened out soon.

Hugs!

Thank you, Iris. You're right that he's in the best place possible and that I couldn't do much, anyway.

So my mother called and told me they've released him from the hospital. They did an endoscopy and found an ulcer, which they biopsied. He's supposed to have a colonoscopy later in the week. Still no definite answers on why he's so anemic. I'll update again when I know something else.

So my mother called and told me they've released him from the hospital. They did an endoscopy and found an ulcer, which they biopsied. He's supposed to have a colonoscopy later in the week. Still no definite answers on why he's so anemic. I'll update again when I know something else.
How is he doing, Bunny and how are you holding up?

How is he doing, Bunny and how are you holding up?

I'm making it. My mother says he's ornery af and gets mad about everything he has to do that's related to his health. I think there's more than a touch of dementia involved, personally, but I can't prove it.

He's having a colonoscopy today. We should hear something from that when he goes to the GI doctor (I forgot when his appointment was!).

Update: I talked to my mother. They removed several polyps today, and he has a tumor on his intestine. They're going to meet with a surgeon tomorrow. The tumor is where all the blood is going. And that's all I know right now.

Thank you so much for checking in, Iris. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
My parents met with the surgeon today. The other GI doctor that saw him in the hospital is leaning heavily toward thinking the tumor is cancerous, but of course, there's no way to know for sure until it's removed. Surgery is March 22nd. Hopefully, we'll know something else after that.

I'm just numb and tired, to be honest. I'm trying to stay positive, though. Tonight is Mahashivaratri, the great night of Shiva, so I'm doing a fruit fast and doing worship, prayer, and meditation later this evening and staying up all night, as is tradition. I'll pray for all my Lit friends and for my dad, too.

My parents met with the surgeon today. The other GI doctor that saw him in the hospital is leaning heavily toward thinking the tumor is cancerous, but of course, there's no way to know for sure until it's removed. Surgery is March 22nd. Hopefully, we'll know something else after that.

I'm just numb and tired, to be honest. I'm trying to stay positive, though. Tonight is Mahashivaratri, the great night of Shiva, so I'm doing a fruit fast and doing worship, prayer, and meditation later this evening and staying up all night, as is tradition. I'll pray for all my Lit friends and for my dad, too.
Good thing that they are being thorough.
Fingers crossed that it is an easy fix. 💕

Fathers with health issues are not a picnic and ornery doesn’t always even cover it.

My dad is getting really old and getting confused, has cognitive issues and gets these spells where the kids describe it as
”he turns into a lagging NPC” and that is sadly spot on.
He’s unsteady and falls a lot and we’ve had to get him to the hospital and get him stitched up and wiped up the blood pools more than we’d like to think about lately.

But nooo, he just happened to stumble and everyone just talks to fast or quiet and he should absolutely climb ladders and drive.
And if it should be that his memory issues are dementia, he knows this guy who got this diagnosis and they couldn’t do anything about it anyways. 🤦

Hope you have/had a nice celebration!
I tried to come up with a better way to say that, but realized I lack the cultural competence.

Fathers with health issues are not a picnic and ornery doesn’t always even cover it.

My dad is getting really old and getting confused, has cognitive issues and gets these spells where the kids describe it as
He’s unsteady and falls a lot and we’ve had to get him to the hospital and get him stitched up and wiped up the blood pools more than we’d like to think about lately.

But nooo, he just happened to stumble and everyone just talks to fast or quiet and he should absolutely climb ladders and drive.
And if it should be that his memory issues are dementia, he knows this guy who got this diagnosis and they couldn’t do anything about it anyways. 🤦

I tried to come up with a better way to say that, but realized I lack the cultural competence.
Wow, you must know my father... I guess it is all of them.

Thank you so much. :rose:

I know he's very neglectful and not likely to change this late in the game. I also know the only answer is to get out of the relationship, but I'm stubborn and loyal and honestly dumb and will go down with the ship every time.

I know I should get another Daddy. But I don't want another one. I want this one not to suck. I've never been good at replacing one person with another. It's just not the same.

Thank you for being there for me. I have nobody in real life I can really talk to.

Lord, all this sounds really familiar, lol. I'm not convinced mine doesn't have dementia, too. (Can't remember if I've said that in this thread already.) He's confused a lot of the time, tells the same stories over and over, forgets things, is belligerent a lot, and sometimes just straight up makes shit up. So yeah, I think that's some of his issues, too.

And thank you! Mahashivaratri was great. I celebrated it by myself, as I always do because there is not a Hindu temple here, and I'd be too shy to go, anyway, if there was one, lol. But I watched some celebrations on YouTube, and that was good enough. :)
Thinking of you and your fam, BB.

Thank you, DGE. It is very appreciated.

Daddy is being very sweet to me tonight (via text), despite the fact that he has a toothache himself. I think he knows I'm under a tremendous amount of pressure right now. The man has his (considerable) flaws, but I have never doubted his kind-heartedness, not for a second. I love my Daddy.

Back