Beer club

My homebrewed English Golden. Bottled some yesterday for an upcoming competition :)

tumblr_ph7zpixC1i1s754npo1_540.jpg

Last edited:
The Eagles came on at 9:30 this morning. I have been drinking beer for the past 10hours.

My taste in beer has gone dark, then darker over the last few years. It coincides with my interest in bourbons. Dark beer and a bourbon neat are a perfect match.

I've been into porters lately. My regional favorite is Bell's. It's smooth and a little sweet and has a creamy head that somehow lasts right to the bottom of the glass.

Porter_WebPic_736X736.png

Also very good (and also out of Michigan) is Founder's Porter.

c0a717942fc5549b70b47b9a09c470c4.jpg

And yeah, I know this is a beer thread but what I like to match with my porters is Angel's Envy, my favorite boubon.

flagship-bottle.png

I think...you're a fun person to drink with, methinks. :devil:

I have a habit of taking over the jukebox at my favorite drinking spot. Since I discovered I can control it with with the app on my phone, I'm the pushy bitch who pays extra to bump my selections to the top. By the time I've had my third bourbon and beer I've got enough songs lined up to last hours longer than I'd ever be there.

So, unless you like my music, I'm probably not as much fun as you think.

I will dance, though. Even if there's no dance floor.

I have a habit of taking over the jukebox at my favorite drinking spot. Since I discovered I can control it with with the app on my phone, I'm the pushy bitch who pays extra to bump my selections to the top. By the time I've had my third bourbon and beer I've got enough songs lined up to last hours longer than I'd ever be there.

So, unless you like my music, I'm probably not as much fun as you think.

I will dance, though. Even if there's no dance floor.

I'll still just drink and let you dance, dear.

tumblr_p6b3ju2gbp1s754npo8_r2_540.jpg

I'd been saving these for a while. A year or two each. Shared them on Monday night with some friends. Both barrel-aged Imperial Stouts, the Sierra had been aged in a rum barrel. They were both superb.

Tonight I watched the Romanovs. Sp? And drank two imperial stouts. A Dogfish Worldwide and a Great Lakes Blackout Stout. Great TV and great beer. 🍺

One of my daughters bought a bottle of this Dogfish Head Fruit-full Fort to share with me.

fruit-full-fort-bottles-10.jpg

DFH Website says: “A twist on our beloved Fort, Fruit-Full Fort is brewed with four types of berries - Raspberry, Blackberry, Boysenberry and Elderberry! This juicy blend of dark berries creates depth and complexity reminiscent of a jammy red wine.

Along with adding a boatload of more berries this time around, we also punched up the malt bill with Munich malt to provide a firm backbone. The result provides balance to the tart flavors of a very berry blend.

Dark maroon in color, Fruit-Full Fort is swirling with notes of velvety cherry and berry sweetness for a full-bodied - and full-flavor - experience!”

15-18% abv, 50 ibu.

I'm not usually into fruity beers, but this was superb - two thumbs up :)

I actually belong to a real life beer club. We had our Christmas party last weekend at this old ethnic hall where we meet monthly. There were 150 people there and about 20 kegs of homebrewed beer on tap. People bring lots of good bottles to share with friends too. We have a gift exchange, members bring wrapped bottles of 12 & 22 oz. craft beers. You get to take one for each one you bring. It's a good time :)

I actually belong to a real life beer club. We had our Christmas party last weekend at this old ethnic hall where we meet monthly. There were 150 people there and about 20 kegs of homebrewed beer on tap. People bring lots of good bottles to share with friends too. We have a gift exchange, members bring wrapped bottles of 12 & 22 oz. craft beers. You get to take one for each one you bring. It's a good time :)

Nice.

At the pub tonight I was explaining to a friend that although some of the bottles in my collection might be worth several hunderd dollars each on the market, I'd rather share them with friends than sell them.

Nice.

At the pub tonight I was explaining to a friend that although some of the bottles in my collection might be worth several hunderd dollars each on the market, I'd rather share them with friends than sell them.

I agree. I'd much rather share a special beer with a friend who will appreciate it, than drink it alone. I know nothing about after-market sales or the trading that goes on.

I have a cousin who invests in good wine though. He'll buy two cases of a good vintage and then sell one of them off a couple years later for double the money. He's built a nice, basically free, cellar that way.

Pulled this out of the back of the fridge last night. Don't remember buying it, but it said 2017 vintage somewhere on the label. Beautiful label it is. The beer was pretty good too.

tumblr_pjscyiTxur1s754npo1_540.jpg
tumblr_pjscyiTxur1s754npo2_540.jpg

Back