Ask an Intersex Woman

AWhoopsieDaisy

Just Call Me Daisy
In the name of clarity feel free to ask questions about intersex issues. I'm not going to even pretend like I can speak for all intersex people but I can probably give you better answers than Google.

Ask away.

In the name of clarity feel free to ask questions about intersex issues. I'm not going to even pretend like I can speak for all intersex people but I can probably give you better answers than Google.

Ask away.
I have got to ask what are intersex people, ive never heard of intersex

I have got to ask what are intersex people, ive never heard of intersex
Intersex describes anyone who without cosmetic surgery or hormone therapy, naturally has primary or secondary sex characteristics of the sex opposite the one they were assigned at birth. Many will describe it more broadly as the state of being biologically somewhere between male and female.

Sometimes these characteristics are visible at birth. Others don't show up until after puberty.

There's a wide range of conditions that fit under the Intersex umbrella so there's a diversity of experience. I think the most well known examples of Intersex people would be bearded ladies, and men with gynecomastia (breast development).

Some conditions are curveballs. A man with a micropenis is also considered intersex. Women born without ovaries are also intersex.

Some intersex conditions only effect chromosomes. So a woman assigned female at birth showing no physical symptoms could later find out she has a y chromosome and that would make her intersex too.

Make sense?

Intersex describes anyone who without cosmetic surgery or hormone therapy, naturally has primary or secondary sex characteristics of the sex opposite the one they were assigned at birth. Many will describe it more broadly as the state of being biologically somewhere between male and female.

Sometimes these characteristics are visible at birth. Others don't show up until after puberty.

There's a wide range of conditions that fit under the Intersex umbrella so there's a diversity of experience. I think the most well known examples of Intersex people would be bearded ladies, and men with gynecomastia (breast development).

Some conditions are curveballs. A man with a micropenis is also considered intersex. Women born without ovaries are also intersex.

Some intersex conditions only effect chromosomes. So a woman assigned female at birth showing no physical symptoms could later find out she has a y chromosome and that would make her intersex too.

Make sense?
Yes totally thank you,i know i could have googled it. Its like the chromosomes have been slightly altered, what your saying does make alot of sense, i knew 2 people who could come under that term, one is a good friend
Thank you for your very interesting explanation

Yes totally thank you,i know i could have googled it. Its like the chromosomes have been slightly altered, what your saying does make alot of sense, i knew 2 people who could come under that term, one is a good friend
Thank you for your very interesting explanation
No problem!

Back