Are you better off than you were four years ago? (Um, yes.)

RoryN

You're screwed.
Republicans apparently planned to leverage a "no" answer from the American public when using this in their 2024 campaign.

Another unforced error; another campaign idea of theirs in the trash bin.They seem to be going for a record this year. 🤣

Biden seeks to boomerang ‘are you better off’ argument against Trump

Former President Trump and his campaign’s pitch to voters is simple: Are you better off than you were four years ago?

But when Trump posed the question himself on Truth Social this week, he was met with derision from Democrats and other critics.

“March 2020 was famously a great time for everyone,” Sen Tim Kaine (D-Va.) wrote on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.

“Again, we were literally hoarding toilet paper on this date 4 years ago,” Alyssa Farah Griffin, who was the White House communications director for Trump in 2020 but has since broken sharply with the ex-president, wrote on X.

The Biden campaign launched a digital ad Thursday opening with Trump’s “are you better off” Truth Social post and featuring footage of patients in hospitals, doctors in protective gear and Americans stocking up on groceries. The ad closes with the word, “Yes.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...ng-are-you-better-off-argument-against-trump/

I am, but I'm not American. Our economy sucks shit and everything is expensive as hell but my pay has gone up by 40k this year so I'm good.

I am, but I'm not American. Our economy sucks shit and everything is expensive as hell but my pay has gone up by 40k this year so I'm good.
Yes. Mine dropped by about 150k. But then again I retired about a year ago....

Last edited:
I am, and I'm American but living overseas. Thanks to Biden, I paid off my student loans months earlier than I otherwise would have. Thanks to an approach that was the exact opposite of what Trump did, the covid death toll in Australia was a fraction of that in the US and I was never at risk of losing my job if I got sick.

Back