Maybe someone can explain this to me

Trump is in boatload on legal troubles to name a few:

New York State: Fraud
In the fall of 2022, New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a civil suit against Trump, his adult sons, and his former aide Allen Weisselberg, alleging a years-long scheme in which Trump fraudulently reported the value of properties in order to either lower his tax bill or improve the terms of his loans, all with an eye toward inflating his net worth.

Manhattan: Defamation and Sexual Assault
Although these other cases are all brought by government entities, Trump is also involved in an ongoing defamation case with the writer E. Jean Carroll, who said that Trump sexually assaulted her in a department-store dressing room in the 1990s. When he denied it, she sued him for defamation and later added a battery claim.

Department of Justice: Mar-a-Lago Documents
Jack Smith, a special counsel in the U.S. Justice Department, has charged Trump with 37 felonies in connection with his removal of documents from the White House when he left office. The charges include willful retention of national-security information, obstruction of justice, withholding of documents, and false statements. Trump took boxes of documents to properties where they were stored haphazardly, but the indictment centers on his refusal to give them back to the government despite repeated requests.

Fulton County: Election Subversion
In Fulton County, Georgia, which includes most of Atlanta, District Attorney Fani Willis brought a huge racketeering case against Trump and 18 others, alleging a conspiracy that spread across weeks and states with the aim of stealing the 2020 election.

Department of Justice: Election Subversion
Special Counsel Smith has also charged Trump with four federal felonies in connection with his attempt to remain in power after losing the 2020 election. This case is in court in Washington, D.C.

Additionally …
In more than 30 states, cases have been filed over whether Trump should be thrown off the 2024 ballot under a novel legal theory about the Fourteenth Amendment.

That just the short list of trump’s legal woes to give some background.. Here’s my question:

Trump’s legal team and Republicans have floated the catch all defense that he did these things while president and being president somehow gives him absolute immunity from all wrong doing because he was the president..

Yet, in the same breath Republicans contend President Biden should be impeached, thrown in jail never to see the light of day for what he has done as president.. How can both of these things be true? That is my question..
They’re both criminals.

Typical horse shit. I’ve been watching him for years. He’s a life long criminal. That someone could support him, just based off his fried brain, is beyond. Read his daughters book! We’ll start there.

It's simple - supporters of 45 believe the charges against are bogus and politically motivated and they believe there is actual evidence that 46 committed a crime that is impeacheable.
I understand that is the subtext.. It makes sense to me that they believe the charges are bogus.. I can understand that.

Many say Trump has immunity from any legal repercussions by the mere fact he was the president.. According to them the job comes with a get out of jail free card.. Trump and his lawyers are floating that defense. If they honestly believe that why do they waste time pursuing
It's simple - supporters of 45 believe the charges against are bogus and politically motivated and they believe there is actual evidence that 46 committed a crime that is

I understand that is the subtext.. It makes sense to me that they believe the charges are bogus.. I can understand that.

Many say Trump has immunity from any legal repercussions by the mere fact he was the president.. According to them the job comes with a get out of jail free card.. Trump and his lawyers are floating that defense. If they honestly believe that why do they waste time pursuing any charges against Biden since he also has this magical get out of jail card..

Trump can't be charge because he was the president, Biden must be charged because he is the president..

My subtext which is probably much to subtle for my target audience is this: How can republicans believe two totally opposing ideas about a single incidence to to both true

Typical horse shit. I’ve been watching him for years. He’s a life long criminal. That someone could support him, just based off his fried brain, is beyond. Read his daughter’s book! We’ll start there.
Ashley Biden wrote a book?

Many say Trump has immunity from any legal repercussions by the mere fact he was the president..
Not many, I don't think. Even most of them who claim to, on second thought--that Biden could be using it now--don't really think it. They posture it.

Clearly you're incapable of understanding the difference... One of them tried to keep the material... One didn't... Catch up

I'm not sure many of Trump's supporters believe the charges against him are bogus. I think most of them are just as rotten as he is and appreciate that he gives them a public forum for not feeling they are the only ones that way.
I believe that is the best answer I've seen ever

The man has over 50 years of public service. Ran for president unsuccessfully twice. Was the VP and has been the president the last 3 years and, to back your confident criticism of him, you tell us that everything will be revealed to us if we go read a book????

Typical horse shit. I’ve been watching him for years. He’s a life long criminal. That someone could support him, just based off his fried brain, is beyond. Read his daughters book! We’ll start there.
You pop up every few months just to waste people's time.

Because Presidential immunity applies to the President. Not the VP or a congressman. Biden wasn't Prez when he did the bad stuff you conveniently omit from your discussion points.
HisArpy - Don't cha just hate that? I mean, you're probably walking on the side of the road, wearing a yellow vest, just minding your own business trying to finish up your probation and here goes some rando like me dropping your name in conversation to gain cheap points. Ugh.

Really? That’s how you want to play it?
It’s fact, full stop. Biden did not have the authority to possess classified documents period, never mind having possession for over 20 years.

It’s fact, full stop. Biden did not have the authority to possess classified documents period, never mind having possession for over 20 years.
Would you have a problem if he, as the current president, declassified the material? Would you be upset if he pardoned himself?

Case in point, only democrats would attempt to eliminate a candidate using the courts rather than the will of the people, raw naked fascism.
God, you are SO right. I mean, remember when the Democrats tried to take legal action against the newly elected president because he hadn't received a majority of the popular vote? Or when they spent years arguing that he didn't meet the constitutional requirement of a native born citizen because his father was foreign and his mother was too young to count in her own right? Shameless!

Oh, wait a minute...it was the Republicans who did the first one to Clinton and the second one to Obama. Never mind!

Both Biden and Trump had possession of classified material, guess who got indicted?

It’s fact, full stop.
Yes, it’s a fact they both had possession of classified material. Which is as far as you want to go because otherwise you have an apples to oranges comparison.

Biden did not have the authority to possess classified documents period, never mind having possession for over 20 years.
What you say is true.

What you conveniently forget to say is once discovered, as you well know, Biden fully complied with authorities and allowed them to search for additional material and promptly returned them without issue.

Meanwhile, as you well know, your orange god illegally defied repeated requests to return classified material and shuffled them about Mar-a-largo until the government finally had no choice but to pay a visit and get it back.

Because Presidential immunity applies to the President. Not the VP or a congressman. Biden wasn't Prez when he did the bad stuff you conveniently omit from your discussion points.
Oh, you mean all the bad stuff you conveniently omitted from your dimwitted retort?

Crazy huh?

Back