Maybe someone can explain this to me

Rick345

Literotica Guru
Trump is in boatload on legal troubles to name a few:

New York State: Fraud
In the fall of 2022, New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a civil suit against Trump, his adult sons, and his former aide Allen Weisselberg, alleging a years-long scheme in which Trump fraudulently reported the value of properties in order to either lower his tax bill or improve the terms of his loans, all with an eye toward inflating his net worth.

Manhattan: Defamation and Sexual Assault
Although these other cases are all brought by government entities, Trump is also involved in an ongoing defamation case with the writer E. Jean Carroll, who said that Trump sexually assaulted her in a department-store dressing room in the 1990s. When he denied it, she sued him for defamation and later added a battery claim.

Department of Justice: Mar-a-Lago Documents
Jack Smith, a special counsel in the U.S. Justice Department, has charged Trump with 37 felonies in connection with his removal of documents from the White House when he left office. The charges include willful retention of national-security information, obstruction of justice, withholding of documents, and false statements. Trump took boxes of documents to properties where they were stored haphazardly, but the indictment centers on his refusal to give them back to the government despite repeated requests.

Fulton County: Election Subversion
In Fulton County, Georgia, which includes most of Atlanta, District Attorney Fani Willis brought a huge racketeering case against Trump and 18 others, alleging a conspiracy that spread across weeks and states with the aim of stealing the 2020 election.

Department of Justice: Election Subversion
Special Counsel Smith has also charged Trump with four federal felonies in connection with his attempt to remain in power after losing the 2020 election. This case is in court in Washington, D.C.

Additionally …
In more than 30 states, cases have been filed over whether Trump should be thrown off the 2024 ballot under a novel legal theory about the Fourteenth Amendment.

That just the short list of trump’s legal woes to give some background.. Here’s my question:

Trump’s legal team and Republicans have floated the catch all defense that he did these things while president and being president somehow gives him absolute immunity from all wrong doing because he was the president..

Yet, in the same breath Republicans contend President Biden should be impeached, thrown in jail never to see the light of day for what he has done as president.. How can both of these things be true? That is my question..

It's simple - supporters of 45 believe the charges against are bogus and politically motivated and they believe there is actual evidence that 46 committed a crime that is impeacheable.

Trump is in boatload on legal troubles to name a few:

New York State: Fraud
In the fall of 2022, New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a civil suit against Trump, his adult sons, and his former aide Allen Weisselberg, alleging a years-long scheme in which Trump fraudulently reported the value of properties in order to either lower his tax bill or improve the terms of his loans, all with an eye toward inflating his net worth.

Manhattan: Defamation and Sexual Assault
Although these other cases are all brought by government entities, Trump is also involved in an ongoing defamation case with the writer E. Jean Carroll, who said that Trump sexually assaulted her in a department-store dressing room in the 1990s. When he denied it, she sued him for defamation and later added a battery claim.

Department of Justice: Mar-a-Lago Documents
Jack Smith, a special counsel in the U.S. Justice Department, has charged Trump with 37 felonies in connection with his removal of documents from the White House when he left office. The charges include willful retention of national-security information, obstruction of justice, withholding of documents, and false statements. Trump took boxes of documents to properties where they were stored haphazardly, but the indictment centers on his refusal to give them back to the government despite repeated requests.

Fulton County: Election Subversion
In Fulton County, Georgia, which includes most of Atlanta, District Attorney Fani Willis brought a huge racketeering case against Trump and 18 others, alleging a conspiracy that spread across weeks and states with the aim of stealing the 2020 election.

Department of Justice: Election Subversion
Special Counsel Smith has also charged Trump with four federal felonies in connection with his attempt to remain in power after losing the 2020 election. This case is in court in Washington, D.C.

Additionally …
In more than 30 states, cases have been filed over whether Trump should be thrown off the 2024 ballot under a novel legal theory about the Fourteenth Amendment.

That just the short list of trump’s legal woes to give some background.. Here’s my question:

Trump’s legal team and Republicans have floated the catch all defense that he did these things while president and being president somehow gives him absolute immunity from all wrong doing because he was the president..

Yet, in the same breath Republicans contend President Biden should be impeached, thrown in jail never to see the light of day for what he has done as president.. How can both of these things be true? That is my question..
The reason you can focus on all these legal woes stems from 2 issues, a complicit media and weaponizing our justice system. Pop the hood and take a deeper look of what democrats really stand for. Look closely at the ethical backgrounds of Fani Willis, Smith, ‘Tish James, Bragg and the lopsided use of the justice system against republicans and the media running a protection racket for the Biden’s. Democrats are the party of tyranny, win at all cost even if it destroys any semblance of law and order. Case in point, only democrats would attempt to eliminate a candidate using the courts rather than the will of the people, raw naked fascism.

The reason you can focus on all these legal woes stems from 2 issues, a complicit media and weaponizing our justice system. Pop the hood and take a deeper look of what democrats really stand for. Look closely at the ethical backgrounds of Fani Willis, Smith, ‘Tish James, Bragg and the lopsided use of the justice system against republicans and the media running a protection racket for the Biden’s. Democrats are the party of tyranny, win at all cost even if it destroys any semblance of law and order. Case in point, only democrats would attempt to eliminate a candidate using the courts rather than the will of the people, raw naked fascism.
That doesn't answer my question only one of Trump's legal problems may, but is unlikely to remove him from the ballot, removal from the ballot isn't an issue in the other cases against Trump..

My question is, 'why do Republicans believe presidential immunity is absolute for trump yet doesn't exist for Biden?'
I can't make the question simpler than that..

Preach it, Comrade.

Untitled.png

Deep State Derp.

DrinK!

Because Presidential immunity applies to the President. Not the VP or a congressman. Biden wasn't Prez when he did the bad stuff you conveniently omit from your discussion points.

Rick, the explanation to your question is simple. In the minds of the new Republican Party, societal rules only apply to Democrats.

Republicans learned that if you appeal to the most selfish and prejudicial instincts of American voters, a significant portion of them will overlook any violation of societal norms by a Republican candidate. This is nothing new. Despots have exploited this foible of the human psyche for millennia. Republicans have accelerated their descent into this cynical strategy to the point where they now have a cult leader who could literally murder someone on 5th Avenue and still receive their endorsement, as this cult leader once stated.

Trying to apply logic to this phenomenon or debate it with cult followers is fruitless. The only sane response is to organize voter opposition (in real life, not online) to this destructive and autocratic movement.

Because Presidential immunity applies to the President. Not the VP or a congressman. Biden wasn't Prez when he did the bad stuff you conveniently omit from your discussion points.
where is your evidence, barrister?

WAHR?!

derp.

If you used to be President, you can do anything. You can grab pussy, shit your pants, defraud a charity, sell sensitive information to Saudi, overturn an election, or molest an underage girl on Fifth Avenue without losing a single vote.

If you're son of a President you go to jail for telling people that you want a pay raise for being the son of a Vice President. Failing that, go to jail for saying you want to give a deposition in public instead of pleading the 5th.

I think I have that correct.

It's simple - supporters of 45 believe the charges against are bogus and politically motivated and they believe there is actual evidence that 46 committed a crime that is impeacheable.
I'm not sure many of Trump's supporters believe the charges against him are bogus. I think most of them are just as rotten as he is and appreciate that he gives them a public forum for not feeling they are the only ones that way.

I'm not sure many of Trump's supporters believe the charges against him are bogus. I think most of them are just as rotten as he is and appreciate that he gives them a public forum for not feeling they are the only ones that way.
Fair enough

If you used to be President, you can do anything. You can grab pussy, shit your pants, defraud a charity, sell sensitive information to Saudi, overturn an election, or molest an underage girl on Fifth Avenue without losing a single vote.
Trump was doing that before he was president. We could see him coming.

Information is not knowledge
Yes, people got it wrong, they thought stupidity and ignorance were about the same.

Nowadays you can ask any MAGA why Stinko should be President again. Some will say they approve of his policies; they are ignorant. Others will say they approve of his morals; they are ignorant and stupid.

Yes, people got it wrong, they thought stupidity and ignorance were about the same.

Nowadays you can ask any MAGA why Stinko should be President again. Some will say they approve of his policies; they are ignorant. Others will say they approve of his morals; they are ignorant and stupid.

That doesn't answer my question only one of Trump's legal problems may, but is unlikely to remove him from the ballot, removal from the ballot isn't an issue in the other cases against Trump..

My question is, 'why do Republicans believe presidential immunity is absolute for trump yet doesn't exist for Biden?'
I can't make the question simpler than that..
It’s not absolute but what comes into question are past decisions made in the Oval Office could further in the future come back and be used for political fodder. i.e. Obama killing a U.S. citizen with a drone strike.
You mean the bad stuff that no one can find evidence for? You have this "evidence"?
Don’t conflate finding evidence with ignoring evidence.

Rick345: I can't make the question simpler than that.

Me: I think you should try again.

icanhelp1: ...because, Obama!

Me: (Rick345) You should bring crayons and maybe a sock puppet.

It’s not absolute but what comes into question are past decisions made in the Oval Office could further in the future come back and be used for political fodder. i.e. Obama killing a U.S. citizen with a drone strike.

Don’t conflate finding evidence with ignoring evidence.
Don't conflate this with imagined evidence.

If Biden's dirty, impeach and convict him, i don't give a shit, but as of yet; I an independent non American have not seen any evidence that passes the smell test. Unlike the evidence against Trump.

Don't conflate this with imagined evidence.

If Biden's dirty, impeach and convict him, i don't give a shit, but as of yet; I an independent non American have not seen any evidence that passes the smell test. Unlike the evidence against Trump.
Both Biden and Trump had possession of classified material, guess who got indicted?

Both Biden and Trump had possession of classified material, guess who got indicted?
Guess you forgot Pense eh?

Who tried to hide the evidence, and who actually turned it in?

Keep playing your cards in this game, I'm ok with that because your deck holds all the low cards.

Back