Amorous Goods, A Literotica Anthology Series, Season 4

Bidi Bidi Bump.

Twiki | Buck Rogers in the 25th Century Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

Suppose there was this odd looking metallic doll standing off in the corner with what looked like a time clock of sorts as a chest piece ....

Is anybody contributing?

Thread's kinda dead.

I have a fun story idea; I don't know if I can get it done in time but I'm working on it.

Question: does it matter where the store is? Or is that something that can vary from story to story? I have a particular location in mind.

Perhaps an incense burner, or music box evokes the essence of the song Laura.

Laura is the face in the misty light
Footsteps that you hear down the hall
The laugh that floats on a summer night
That you can never quite recall
And you see Laura on a train that is passing through
Those eyes how familiar they seem

Question: does it matter where the store is? Or is that something that can vary from story to story? I have a particular location in mind.
That's been discussed so many times over the four years, I'm not sure I recall the consensus.

The original series was set in Toronto. Someone here suggested a US location, northeast somewhere. Another asked about London, England.

Louis, the collector was said to be a world traveler, so down under could be a possibility. Isn't there substantial tribal and island folklore delving into spirits and occult?

I gave up trying to corral the cats.

Your story could have someone traveling to one of those locations to acquire the artifact.

The original series was set in Toronto. Someone here suggested a US location, northeast somewhere. Another asked about London, England.

Louis, the collector was said to be a world traveler, so down under could be a possibility. Isn't there substantial tribal and island folklore delving into spirits and occult?

I gave up trying to corral the cats.

Your story could have someone traveling to one of those locations to acquire the artifact.
As a bit of a spoiler, my story this year explicitly requires the existence of a multiverse, so just go with that.

Before writing my story last year ("Amorous Goods: The Anklet Pair"), I looked through the thread and read a few stories, looking for a specific location and description of the store. But I couldn't find anything specific, so I just used a scene from one or two of those I read which described it as an old house/run down mansion. I placed mine in the outskirts of a city, and in a rural setting within hours of New York City. Then when it came to one of the final scenes, they had the master bedroom handy for the spell casting.

If I finish a submission for this year, it would be a continuation of my previous story line, where the MC is dealing through the Amorous Goods store to find the witches and their familiars prepping for a War of the Worlds battle.

That's been discussed so many times over the four years, I'm not sure I recall the consensus.
I'm hoping to get back in the AG game this year. As far as location, I continue to try and write it fairly generically, although, it's somewhere in the area of North America where the idea of a robber baron building a fancy mansion in the 1800s holds up to the history. But I'd say that could be anywhere from Baltimore to Chicago to Boston. Toronto and maybe even Montreal would fit if there were similar Canadian entrepreneurs of the era. My AG mansion/store is certainly near enough a Big City that the adventure can go there as needed. But I like not nailing it down. As for our Brit compatriot who wanted to transplant the scene to London. If we were sitting around over a round of stouts, I'd wonder if the English store couldn't be an even older establishment that Uncle Lewis hoped to emulate when he created AG in the U.S./Canada. Lewis and Morgana could have both been compatriots/friends/rivals of the past proprietor of the UK store. Even if the store names are the same, that could have been agreed by the previous generation. Allows for future team ups where Vikki and Dylan have to partner with the UK Vikki on a recovery mission.
Well, wish me luck on getting a story finished in time for an October reveal. Cripes! That's barely a month away.

Clock, clock ... hmmm, anybody doing a story on a clock?

Suppose a clock could how you an image of exactly the same time on another day, past or future? As an antique, it would only be a black and white still image, or maybe even a tintype.

Last year, I submitted the "Amorous Goods - The Anklet Pair" which had my main character buying one anklet of an enchanted pair.

A week after the cutoff date, I published a sequel Part 2, which turned the scenario of my MC couple into becoming a witch and wizard in a scifi/pending-war-of-the-worlds with Martians.

If you don't mind, I'd like to submit another sequel: "Amorous Goods: The Magic Lamp" story continuing with the Martians controlling the magic. I have the MCs going back to Amorous Goods to consult with Vikki and "Morgana" (a witch advisor and her cat familiar/Martian controller). I'm already 10K words into it and think it will be ready at about 13K.

Last edited:
I did one about a haunted watch for the first series...

I may have an idea. A Travelling pants/Elvis crossover.

Oh, and as for location, mine was set in NE USA. The shop was in an old run down mansion.

I also chose to describe the Amorous Goods store as an old mansion in a rural area. The location wasn't specific but is within at least a few hours drive from New York City.

Clock, clock ... hmmm, anybody doing a story on a clock?

Suppose a clock could how you an image of exactly the same time on another day, past or future? As an antique, it would only be a black and white still image, or maybe even a tintype.

My story is about a chair.

Friday the 13th and Warehouse 13 were both about the MC's trying to gain the cursed items back, to save the general populace from their influence. So is our Vikki trying to do the same or is she trying to liquidate the store, to sell them, despite knowing they may confer certain amorous powers? I've an idea and I'm trying to figure out how the MC comes across the item. Recovering it or running across it in the store? Please help me understand the background.
In my stories, Vikki and Dylan started off trying to liquidate everything because Vikki didn't want to be tied to the business. In an extra detail I'm adding this year, they thought they could sell the whole mansion to a hotel proprietor, since the upper two floors had been run as a hotel by Uncle Ludwig*, The Amorous Inn. However, they figured they'd have to get rid of all the weird contents first. And they started off in fire-sale mode, successfully dumping lots of stuff at super cheap prices. Then Morgana showed up and put a halt to it, explaining how dangerous some of the items were. Now they're trying to recover those items, but to have the ability to do it and still control the rest of the collection, they had to reopen Amorous Goods. So, they do still sell things that don't appear dangerous, in order to keep the bills paid, but also hope to recover other items. *I changed Uncle Lewis to Ludwig to add some continental flavor and explain how the old country Frietags became the new world Fridays, which is why Vikki didn't know anything about the guy.

Back