Amorous Goods, A Literotica Anthology Series, Season 4

jaF0

Watcher
It's that time again. But again, I won't be very active this year. I'll try to monitor this thread and the one in Story ideas for questions and discussion.

AG logo 525x385.jpg

This is a recap of previous years' story event outline:

Amorous Goods, A Literotica Anthology Series

In television and movies, an anthology series consists of multiple stories written by different authors using a common theme or core story concept. This will be the goal here, for authors to write their own original stories using the basic premise outlined below. Authors should create and develop their own characters as customers of the store, the objects involved and the effect they have on the characters while retaining some contact with the store and the main characters who run it.

Stories may also feature the main characters and the business itself as described and named in the Story Ideas thread.

The general concept uses the structure of the TV show "Friday the 13th, The Series" which spawned the ideas for other shows such as 'Buffy, The Vampire Slayer' and 'Warehouse 13', among others. Authors who choose to participate should familiarize themselves with the series Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday...th:_The_Series

Story titles should be formatted as 'Amorous Goods: (custom story title)' to help keep within the concept and help readers find connected stories. The following Prologue or a close variation should also be included at the beginning of each story submission for the same reason:

----------------

Prologue:

A lifelong collector of goods and objects from far and wide has passed and left the entire collection and the business built around them to the only remaining relative, a niece on a career path of her own. Vikki has taken on the task of administering the estate and liquidating the business and collection. However, she has come to find out that many of the goods have been cursed or enchanted with amorous powers that affect those who encounter them. These are the stories of some of those encounters with objects found at Amorous Goods.

-----------------------

If you choose to alter the above, be sure to include a similar last line mentioning the store name.

Authors can choose any Literotica category, just as they would with any other submission. While there are no real rules outside of Literotica's general rules for submissions, I'd rather not see them get too far into horror and gore or scream queen type content. Preference would be more towards light horror with erotic or comedic overtones. Think of films like 'High Spirits' if you deal with hauntings or ghosts for example. There should be elements of mystery and some unexpected turns.

There is an ongoing thread in the Story Ideas forum with further information and concept development that can be considered a story runner: https://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1527427 Discussion can be carried out and questions posed there. There are a few issues to be worked out and a main character or two that need to be developed if anyone cares to volunteer.

Open to all authors provided they read and understand the concept.

Admin requests that writers include the phrase "AMOROUS GOODS" in the "Notes to Admin" field so that they can find the stories and add them to the challenge.

Another thing to keep in mind is that there is a Halloween story contest happening in October. Authors can enter their Amorous Goods tale in both the Halloween contest AND the Amorous Good anthology. Since the challenge is not a contest, there's no conflict.

The Story Ideas thread linked above is open and active for discussion. Authors can begin working on their stories as soon as they have time, but submissions will have to wait until October to be eligible for the Halloween Contest. I intend for this anthology to be open ended, so stories can be added afterwards also.​

Previous year's announcement thread:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1527558

There were about 30 stories that year. Maybe there will be more this year?

So, to the basics

1. Stay more or less within the outline.
2. You can write in any category and any length, as long as you keep in mind Rule #1
3. The title should start with "Amorous Goods: XXXX". Please place the full title in the "Notes to Admin" field if it doesn't fit in the standard box.
3. Please include “Amorous Goods 2023” in the notes field. Please use this exact wording so Laurel can identify the entries.
4. Please use “Amorous Goods” as a story tag
5. You can submit anytime from 1 October 2023 on, but all entries need to be submitted by 11:59 pm, 31 October 2023.
6. All stories will Go Live on Literotica on 2 November 2023.
7. If you plan to enter the Halloween Competition, make sure you add both tags to the notes field!

So, get your mysterious and spookey on. Make 'em creepy & kookey and all together oookey (Ooppps, wrong show!)

Saddle up, chime in and get your funk on.

Shoot for 50 entries this year.

Seeds planted across the Lit Garden. What will grow? Will it need to be fed?

Seymour!!!! Feed ME!!!!

I was inspired by the tentacle monster thread. And over this morning's coffee I began writing a long intro based on my story last year "AMOROUS GOODS: THE ANKLET PAIR" (and it's Part 2).

With still months to go before posting, this is about my speed for writing just ONE decently written story.

I’m in. I love the old Friday the 13th series and Warehouse 13. I actually had an idea that would fit perfectly into Amorous Goods that I just hadn’t gotten around to writing yet.

I like what I came up with last year, I need to work in more dragons.

Maybe somebody could work Charmed into this. A house of young Witches learns that one of their ancestors had some 'special' antiques that they can't find. They hear of this store and go to visit, only to find ....

Love the concept. I suppose whether or not I write one depends on an idea and whether I can make it fit in universe.

Is there some type of breakdown/ outline of the store owner characters to use as a guideline?

My fear is I'm not familiar enough with already established characters enough to write them.

[No personal attacks or trolling. Heated discussions are fine, even welcome. However, personally attacking / kink-shaming a fellow author or reader is not allowed within the Author's Hangout. Threads which devolve into the exchanging of insults will be closed, per the AH rules.]

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be the member who initially proposed the concept and who has been approached by the Administrators for the third consecutive year now to run sequels.

[No personal attacks or trolling. Heated discussions are fine, even welcome. However, personally attacking / kink-shaming a fellow author or reader is not allowed within the Author's Hangout. Threads which devolve into the exchanging of insults will be closed, per the AH rules.] - warning given, 7 day timeout in place

I always feel like something for this should be easy for me. In my mind I equate this to "Needful Things" but then...nothing ever strikes me hard enough to want to write it.

Yeah, being into Lovecraft it seems a natural. But I know what you mean about drawing blanks. I have lots of ideas, but I can't make any of it believable.

Between Eerie, Indiana, Eureka, Amazing Stories, Twilight Zone and all of the other shows mentioned in these threads, there are plenty of ideas to meld together. Even old shows like The Immortal and The Second Hundred Years could lend ideas. Then there are movies like Batteries Not Included.

Yeah, being into Lovecraft it seems a natural. But I know what you mean about drawing blanks. I have lots of ideas, but I can't make any of it believable.

Between Eerie, Indiana, Eureka, Amazing Stories, Twilight Zone and all of the other shows mentioned in these threads, there are plenty of ideas to meld together. Even old shows like The Immortal and The Second Hundred Years could lend ideas. Then there are movies like Batteries Not Included.
Speaking of HPL his stories had nothing resembling erotica in them, but in the Masters of Horror Series Stuart Gordon did Dreams in the Witch House and added some nudity and sex, and that's the type of thing I feel I could do, its a matter of pulling the trigger, know what I mean?

Here's one for someone to play with regarding that movie.

The Little Guys were mighty grateful when the building residents fixed one of them. But maybe it wasn't their first visit to Earth. Maybe the reason they came that time was to look for one of their own that was captured on an earlier visit. Let's say it was captured by a wizard that sealed it in a box and cast a spell that they weren't able to break. Now, some hundreds of years later, the box shows up in the antiquities shop. But no one knows anything about it. They can't find a history in any of the logs or journals. A mysterious visitor to the shop spots the box and instantly recognizes it, knowing some of the details from an old family diary no one else has ever read. The visitor buys the box and is able to remove the spell, releasing the captive Little Guy inside. The others get a signal and return to reunite gleefully. They show their appreciation by bestowing additional powers to the rescuer.

I recall some interaction between Gilman and the Witch that could be expanded.

GILMAN
The Lord is my rock
In him shall I trust?

Is he the shield and horn of my salvation?

WITCH
Don't look away, the time has come
To abandon absolution

Your body shivers, the quest begun
Penetrate God's grand delusion

I'm here, your fantasy

Oh there's no turning back
From all your sensual discoveries

https://www.songlyrics.com/dreams-in-the-witch-house-feat-alaine-kashian/no-turning-back-lyrics/

Eerie, Indiana, Eureka, Amazing Stories, Twilight Zone
All great shows, but Eureka was both horrible and incredible in the same season. It was starting to go off the rails and head into some serious suck, and the producers recognized that, so they retconned the entire show in place and got away with it! I loved it! And the best part of Eureka is that it looks like Aspin CO during the off season so we could go enjoy Eureka in real life in the summer.
Speaking of HPL his stories had nothing resembling erotica in them
No, they don't BUT in the show Lovecraft Country I got to see Jamie Chung nude, with tentacles! For me 2020 was saved with those quick scenes. If you follow some of my stories, Kim-ly is crafted after Jamie Chung (without the tentacles).

All great shows, but Eureka was both horrible and incredible in the same season. It was starting to go off the rails and head into some serious suck, and the producers recognized that, so they retconned the entire show in place and got away with it! I loved it! And the best part of Eureka is that it looks like Aspin CO during the off season so we could go enjoy Eureka in real life in the summer.

No, they don't BUT in the show Lovecraft Country I got to see Jamie Chung nude, with tentacles! For me 2020 was saved with those quick scenes. If you follow some of my stories, Kim-ly is crafted after Jamie Chung (without the tentacles).
I enjoyed her in Sucker Punch. I didn't see Lovecraft Country because I wasn't a huge fan of the source material, then when I heard Peele was directing it, it was a solid not bother. I figure there's always the chance I could have missed out, but seeing it wasn't given a second season probably not.

If you like nude Lovecraftian tentacle girls, give Dagon a watch, its...pretty out there.

Back