American seeking to write woman from Yorkshire better

What's the difference between the UK, Georgia USA, and yoghurt?
The UK and yoghurt have culture... 😋
Ha, that's funny... What's yoghurt? Is that like yogurt with an added h?

But seriously, Georgia has culture. Savannah, for example, is one of the most beautiful cities in the south. Rich in history. Yes a sad history, a controversial one too. Just like many places in the south. Still, beautiful.

You should visit. Make a weekend trip. Check out River Street. 💗

I am here for this. I am invested. My body is ready.
Here you go sweetie…

—

The next morning, Eden got up early. She made waffles. She put on the coffee machine for her, and the kettle for Michele. Pulling out a scrap of paper from a drawer, she read the instructions in Michele’s neat handwriting.

Waking her lover with a kiss, Eden told her that breakfast was ready. “Waffles and tea. How transatlantic of us.”

Michele looked somewhat doubtful. “You followed my instructions, right?”

“To the letter, honey.”

Michele threw on a robe and the pair descended.

“Great waffles, Sums.” Michele slathered hers in maple syrup and munched happily.

“And your tea, you haven’t touched your tea.”

Michele seemed to wince ever so slightly and then forced a smile. “Of course, my tea.”

She took a sip and rapidly put the mug back down. Too late she tried to put a happy expression on her face.

“Oh shit! Did I get it wrong again? It’s so fucking complicated.”

Michele stood and kissed Eden’s forehead. “It’s OK, Sums. Thanks for trying. It’s the thought that counts, right?”

With that, she tipped her mug out into the sink and started to refill the kettle.

Croydon!! It's a total dump. There's bits south of it that start getting 'nice', but the place itself... Lewisham has it's nice bits as well, and Southwark has got some right old skanky bits: the Walworth Road is a discount shop tip and I should know - I used to live next to Carter St nick.
Carter street had a reputation even among the Met. for dodgy goings on.

Ha, that's funny... What's yoghurt? Is that like yogurt with an added h?
Forgot the word has an American simplified spelling! Yeah, that's the standard UK spelling. Pronounced with a short o.

But seriously, Georgia has culture. Savannah, for example, is one of the most beautiful cities in the south. Rich in history. Yes a sad history, a controversial one too. Just like many places in the south. Still, beautiful.

You should visit. Make a weekend trip. Check out River Street. 💗
I've never been to the south. I've been to Texas, but that's south but not The South, right?

The spouse had to go to Atlanta for work for a week, but didn't get a great impression. More down to the company than the city, I think. I mean, they said they'd take the Brits to a good restaurant, and they went to Hooters. And a strip club where all the women looked like identical blonde clones. They asked if there were any strippers who looked at all different, so one found a red wig...

Forgot the word has an American simplified spelling! Yeah, that's the standard UK spelling. Pronounced with a short o.
I was kidding.
I've never been to the south. I've been to Texas, but that's south but not The South, right?
It's south enough.
The spouse had to go to Atlanta for work for a week, but didn't get a great impression. More down to the company than the city, I think. I mean, they said they'd take the Brits to a good restaurant, and they went to Hooters. And a strip club where all the women looked like identical blonde clones. They asked if there were any strippers who looked at all different, so one found a red wig...
Damn, tough break. Sorry. I've never personally been a fan of Hooters or strip clubs. Sounds like a waste of time. Atlanta isn't the best city to get a feel of Georgia. I guess it's kind of like saying California is just Los Angelos.

Savannah, for example, is one of the most beautiful cities in the south.
Savannah was where I had my tea!

The layout of the city with the little blocks and gardens was delightful, as was the free bus service downtown. We took a walking tour and heard some interesting history.

I didn't get a sense of continuing activity, though. I guess there's a school here? But mostly I saw lots of us tourists. And lots of stuff for us tourists.

When I get to choose my vacations, I prefer to feel a bit less important, like I've turned up in the middle of these people's lives and they're going to go about their business around me as much as they can.

Savannah was where I had my tea!
I knew that's what you were referring to. 😁
The layout of the city with the little blocks and gardens was delightful, as was the free bus service downtown. We took a walking tour and heard some interesting history.

I didn't get a sense of continuing activity, though. I guess there's a school here? But mostly I saw lots of us tourists. And lots of stuff for us tourists.

When I get to choose my vacations, I prefer to feel a bit less important, like I've turned up in the middle of these people's lives and they're going to go about their business around me as much as they can.
I guess if you don't want to feel like a tourist, you have to skip the tour and go rogue. 😊 Also, don't wear a Savannah t-shirt. 😉😂

How would I have known this?!

Okay, I'll be honest, I went because it was warm and there was cheap airfare at the time and a local theater group was doing The Lieutenant of Innishmore. I didn't do any research beyond that.

How would I have known this?!
Rachel Ray used to have a show where she would travel on a budget on the The Food Network (US show)... honestly I can't be bothered to Google it.. anywho, she went there and it got VERY popular. But it was popular before that anyway.
Okay, I'll be honest, I went because it was warm and there was cheap airfare at the time and a local theater group was doing The Lieutenant of Innishmore. I didn't do any research beyond that.
Lol, it's all good. I hope you enjoyed it.

Watch the classic movie "Rita, Sue and Bob Too". It wouldn't get passed the Lit censors but it's a perfect depiction of Yorkshire lasses having sex.

Back