Men Seeking To Write Women From Minnesota Better

SimonDoom

Kink Lord
I am not a Minnesotan, but I know Minnesotans, and I have been to Minnesota, and I thought I would offer, as well as solicit, from others with familiarity on the subject, some advice on how to write women from Minnesota.

1. First, understatement is the key. Strong opinions are frowned upon. A California mom, confronted with an offer by her son to get down and dirty, might say something like "Totally awesome, I'm down with it!" A Minnesota mom is more likely to say, "You bet," "Oh sure," or "Whatever." A mom from somewhere else might express disapproval by saying, "You want me to fucking do what?" while a Minnesota mom is more likely to say, "That's different."

2. To get the accent right, imagine a Canadian woman trying to sound like a Norwegian without much success, and you'll be close.

3. Minnesota women like sweaters (out of necessity), so if women in sweaters aren't sexy to you, maybe your erotic story should be located south of the Mason-Dixon line.

4. Food is very important. People get together all the time, and they always bring food in big glass or ceramic dishes. It must be bland. Spice is a big no-no. Hot dishes usually contain cream of mushroom soup. Cold dishes have lime jello and baby marshmallows. Pie is a big deal. If you are traveling with a Minnesota woman from one town to another, be prepared to stop often along the way to order pie. Do not ever say, "I'm not really hungry" when a proposal to have pie is offered. This is incomprehensible to your Minnesotan host, and it violates rule number 1 against strong opinions.

5. Minnesota women are outdoorsy, but not so much in a "thong bikini on a jet ski" kind of way as in an "ice fishing in Gortex in a hut on a frozen lake" kind of way. So, if you can make that sexy, good for you.

6. Not all of your women characters have to act and talk and look like characters from the movie Fargo (a city, by the way, which is not in Minnesota, but in North Dakota, an adjacent state which Minnesotans look down upon as bland and boring), but you can't really go wrong if they do.

"There's More To Life Than A Little Money, You Know...And Here Ya' Are, And It's A Beautiful Day."

This feels like the kernel of something that would go in the Humor & Satire section, if it could be expanded to a somewhat larger number of states.

"While all people from Michigan can be called Michiganders, referring to the women as Michigeese is rarely looked upon favorably, especially if you tell a mixed group that it's good for them both."

Men seeking to write cats from Sweden better;

1. Before you even get started, stop for a second and paws - think about what the feline in your story really want to purrvey.

2. The moment you add a Swedish cat to your story, understand that this is now the main character. It doesn't matter how established or nuanced your other characters in the story might be, or if you're on chapter 10 of an on-going story arc; the cat doesn't care. At all. And you need your story to reflect this, or else the reader will instantly know you're out of touch with reality. Only the cat matters.

3. If the cat walks on two legs, it's a 'Furry', and should not be confused with a real cat. If this is what you're going for, making it known to the reader by quickly showing their true collars.

4. Cats from Sweden pretty much exclusively eat Pussi. See picture below.

Pussi.jpg

... I'll see myself out.

1. Before you even get started, stop for a second and paws - think about what the feline in your story really want to purrvey.

2. The moment you add a Swedish cat to your story, understand that this is now the main character. It doesn't matter how established or nuanced your other characters in the story might be, or if you're on chapter 10 of an on-going story arc; the cat doesn't care. At all. And you need your story to reflect this, or else the reader will instantly know you're out of touch with reality. Only the cat matters.

3. If the cat walks on two legs, it's a 'Furry', and should not be confused with a real cat. If this is what you're going for, making it known to the reader by quickly showing their true collars.

View attachment 2279262

... I'll see myself out.

If I didn't know better, I might think you're not taking this thread seriously.

View attachment 2279262

... I'll see myself out.
Well wouldn't you know... I'm currently writing a cousin to a Swedish cat from over the Kjolen mountains. He's very loud.

kind of way as in an "ice fishing in Gortex in a hut on a frozen lake" kind of way. So, if you can make that sexy, good for you.
Snow-Day-In-Canada-In-Winter.jpg

sorry, what was the question? I'm researching Canadian entry requirements for British lesbians... er... citizens...

"There's More To Life Than A Little Money, You Know...And Here Ya' Are, And It's A Beautiful Day."
Fargo is right on the state line. It's good enough, because I can't think of any movies set in Minnesota. Anyway, as Simon and Wanda stated or implied, women from that part of the country are used to cold weather, including snowstorms. That scene demonstrates it.

Undressing a woman from Minnesota is kind of like peeling an onion butt in their case, the tears are usually of joy.

My favorite scene is the two young prostitutes. Hilarious.

Em

MARGE
Okay, I want you to tell me what
these fellas looked like.

HOOKER ONE
Well, the little guy, he was kinda
funny-looking.

MARGE
In what way?

HOOKER ONE
I dunno. Just funny-looking.

MARGE
Can you be any more specific?

HOOKER ONE
I couldn't really say. He wasn't
circumcised.

MARGE
Was he funny-looking apart from that?

HOOKER ONE
Yah.

MARGE
So you were having sex with the little
fella, then?

HOOKER ONE
Uh-huh.

MARGE
Is there anything else you can tell
me about him?

HOOKER ONE
No. Like I say, he was funny-looking.
More'n most people even.

MARGE
And what about the other fella?

HOOKER TWO
He was a little older. Looked like
the Marlboro man.

MARGE
Yah?

HOOKER TWO
Yah. Maybe I'm sayin' that cause he
smoked Marlboros.

MARGE
Uh-huh.

HOOKER TWO
A subconscious-type thing.

MARGE
Yah, that can happen.

HOOKER TWO
Yah.

HOOKER ONE
They said they were goin' to the
Twin Cities?

MARGE
Oh, yah?

HOOKER TWO
Yah.

HOOKER ONE
Yah. Is that useful to ya?

MARGE
Oh, you bet, yah.

I've never been to Minnesota. I know almost nothing about Minnesota. I can't help but feel that the no doubt good women of Minnesota are getting a bum rap in this thread. Therefore, in the interets of balance, here are some Playboy Playmates from Minnesota.

5811_Joan_Staley_CF.jpg
7204_Vicki_Peters_CF.jpg
1306-audrey-aleen-allen-jpg.2279361

9812_Dahm_Triplets_CF.jpg

Attachments

• 1306-Audrey-Aleen-Allen.jpg
    1306-Audrey-Aleen-Allen.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 81
Why did Scandinavians go to Minnesota? Free land to farm was given to those who settled in Minnesota at the time when large waves of immigrants from Scandinavia arrived the U.S (1890–1910 and later). 1/10th of the population in MN and 1/4 of South Dakota have Scandinavian ancestry.
yes-please-sarah-hyland.gif

Why did Scandinavians go to Minnesota? Free land to farm was given to those who settled in Minnesota at the time when large waves of immigrants from Scandinavia arrived the U.S (1890–1910 and later). 1/10th of the population in MN and 1/4 of South Dakota have Scandinavian ancestry.
Good to know, although from my starting point Scandinavia is actually closer.

I'd now post Scandinavian playmates, but Scandinavianish and Playmate are practically synonyms anyway.

I know this thread is tongue in cheek, but the biggest plot point of a 70k word story I wrote hinged on a girl holding her liquor because she is "from Minnesota." I know this is more of a Wisconsin thing but artistic licence and all that

https://www.literotica.com/series/se/a-wifes-dark-talent

I get this is meant to be tongue in cheek, but that is me (man not from MN), actually writing a MN woman as main character. Not what most of the posters here so far had in mind, though. Even if she IS Scandinavian American, blue eyed blonde, considers herself “nice”, is a hockey fan, and does utter a “you betcha” and an “uff da!” on ocasion.

Back