🎵 Monthly Song Challenge 🎵

What if I’m into that? While listening to Bryan Adams?

giphy.gif

Bryan Adams was only 9 years old when that summer supposedly happened!

He's a LIAR! A dirty stinking LIAR!
That's because, according to Adams, it has nothing to do with the year and everything to do with his girlfriend.

That's because, according to Adams, it has nothing to do with the year and everything to do with his girlfriend.
Disputed by the co-writer, who says it's about the year! One of them's a dirty stinking liar, so, I'll settle for half the song being humbug!

(someone said I'm being full of myself. I hope you realize I'm not being serious with any of this and that I'm just poking fun at the low hanging fruit)

Day 28: A song that has a year in the title or lyrics

I'm not sure the occasion has come up for me to post New Order as of yet but I'm glad to have a prompt that fits. Bernard Sumner truly had the most random theory on the events of that fateful day in Dallas. Very dark lyrics but the beat is danceable. Popping this link here if you haven't heard the backstory of the lyrics. It's towards the end of the piece.

I'm not sure the occasion has come up for me to post New Order as of yet but I'm glad to have a prompt that fits. Bernard Sumner truly had the most random theory on the events of that fateful day in Dallas. Very dark lyrics but the beat is danceable. Popping this link here if you haven't heard the backstory of the lyrics. It's towards the end of the piece.
I’ve heard this song hundreds of times and never once connected it to JFK. Love the utter madness of that 🤣

"They fell in love to the sound of guns... the year was 1861..."
"The Ballad of Bobby and June" - Mitch and Mickey. +1 for the wonderfully talented Catherine O'Hara!
Also worth noting - although it's not featured in this song, Catherine O'Hara learned to play the autoharp for "A Kiss at the End of the Rainbow" in this movie.

This is probably my favorite of Guest's Mocumentary series. I love most of them, but there is such a sweet nature to this one, I cannot help myself. (Also, probably because Bob Balaban is so funny in this one.)

A lovely little sad, romantic folk song. Just like all of the other ones before it about Einsteinian Relativistic physics. The set-up is ambiguous to start, but the story is of astronauts off to check another planet in a ship that comes close to the speed of light. And in an explanation that is almost as simplified as saying "computers count fast," the idea Einstein put forward was the closer to the speed of light you come, the more time seems to slow for you from a relative view. So these astronauts take off to survey a new planet among the "milky seas," which is another reference to light speed, visually. They return after a year for them, and the first person the main character looks for his love. Instead, "Your mother's eyes, from your eyes, cry to me." Lifetimes have passed since he left, and everyone he knows is dead.

Brian May wrote it, and was, at the time, studying to be an astrophysicist. He has since submitted his thesis and received his Ph.D.

This is a cover by Radio Queen, who I discovered several years ago. They are a Russian tribute band, and I love that. It is my favorite band, so of course there should be a Russian cover band. These folks go all in and it is fun. I am using them for two reasons. 1) obviously, I am a point harlot, and I may or may not be in a neck and neck fight. But more, 2) I really love the addition of the female vocals in this particular song. Anna Rogozina and Yulia Danilova have stunning voices.

"'39," Radio Queen (+2)

(66)

Last edited:
Disputed by the co-writer, who says it's about the year! One of them's a dirty stinking liar, so, I'll settle for half the song being humbug!

(someone said I'm being full of myself. I hope you realize I'm not being serious with any of this and that I'm just poking fun at the low hanging fruit)
No, I am reading that you really have an unhealthy obsession with Canadian rock star Bryan Adams, and are harboring deep feelings of aggression with the thought he lied to you. You should seek help. Immediately. Probably something involving a rabbit.

No offense intended, this is only my useless opinion. I do not like Bob Seger, never have. And I dislike this song for several reasons. But the last verse is one of the most brilliant things I have ever heard.

I hate that I love that.

Back