🎵 Monthly Song Challenge 🎵

I've been debating with myself whether or not to share this on Lit, but, fuck it.

It was the early 00's, and a fresh faced V & and her band of usual suspects were having a night out on the town in Stockholm. We went from pub to club, drinking, dancing, having one of those nights which feel like a fever dream once you leave yours 20s behind. These days, as I spend my Saturdays on the couch with my SO and our cats, it seems like a different life lived by someone else in a different time. In a way, I guess it was.

Dressed in the mini'est of skirts we paid no attention to queues, and the bouncers happily ushered us in, to the chagrin of the poor common folk in the queue. We were on top of the world. Queens of the night. But, as everyone learns some time or the other, there's always a bigger fish.

We got into a club at Stureplan, the district where the cream partied, where drinks cost triple digits, where music that hadn't yet been released lured people to the dance floor. Tried my hand at the bar, but even being night life royalty I couldn't get the attention of the 'tender. I glanced at the other patrons.

Someone caught my eye. Platinum blonde. A jaw that could cut glass. A familiar face, not sure from where. She in turn caught me looking, smiled, and by what I can only describe as magic got the attention of the uppity bartender with just a look. She ordered for me. Didn't ask what I wanted. Came over, smiled, handed me a drink which was soon forgotten as she dragged me to the dance floor.
----
It wasn't until the morning after that I placed her name. Maja. Maja Ivarsson.
Queer icon, singer, and front woman of a hot little Swedish rock band called The Sounds.

But that didn't happen to me.
It was someone else, from a different life, a different time.
I'm jealous of myself.

The Sounds - Tony the Beat

That story was hot af. 🔥 Thank you for sharing!

I've been debating with myself whether or not to share this on Lit, but, fuck it.

It was the early 00's, and a fresh faced V & and her band of usual suspects were having a night out on the town in Stockholm. We went from pub to club, drinking, dancing, having one of those nights which feel like a fever dream once you leave yours 20s behind. These days, as I spend my Saturdays on the couch with my SO and our cats, it seems like a different life lived by someone else in a different time. In a way, I guess it was.

Dressed in the mini'est of skirts we paid no attention to queues, and the bouncers happily ushered us in, to the chagrin of the poor common folk waiting in line. We were on top of the world. Queens of the night. But, as everyone learns some time or the other, there's always a bigger fish.

We got into a club at Stureplan, the district where the cream partied, where drinks cost triple digits, where music that hadn't yet been released lured people to the dance floor. Tried my hand at the bar, but even being night life royalty I couldn't get the attention of the 'tender. I glanced at the other patrons.

Someone caught my eye. Platinum blonde. A jaw that could cut glass. A familiar face, not sure from where. She in turn caught me looking, smiled, and by what I can only describe as magic got the attention of the uppity bartender with just a look. She ordered for me. Didn't ask what I wanted. Came over, smiled, handed me a drink which was soon forgotten as she dragged me to the dance floor.
----
It wasn't until the morning after that I placed her name. Maja. Maja Ivarsson.
Queer icon, singer, and front woman of a hot little Swedish rock band called The Sounds.

But that didn't happen to me.
It was someone else, from a different life, a different time.
I'm jealous of myself.

The Sounds - Tony the Beat

This is EXACTLY the sort of story that should be shared on Lit. Thank you!

Day 27: A song with a person's name in the title
A perfect 70's song from the most 70s band ever. This is when they all still got along and no one had broken up anyone else's marriage or hearts yet. Prime Stevie spinning around. This is the pinnacle of Lindsey's hair. John's bass is just on point. Mic is solid. And Christine's back up vocals anchor Stevie's more haunting lead. Love this song. I would dedicate it if I hadn't done so already.

"Rhiannon," Fleetwood Mac (+2)

(64)

Last edited:
Day 27: A song with a person’s name in the title

Little Dragon - Lily's Call

We love Little Dragon in this household but soon this household will just be me. My ex, who is now my best friend, is moving to her new place this weekend and there is one part of this song that fits this moment. And hence the selection for today's theme.

"How did we come to this?
How bittersweet it is"

Last edited:
Back