Christian writers and readers meet here!

rhinoguy said:
we can TRY...hopefully through thoughtful prayer to discern the truth... but SOME of it the number of days vs...years is NOT the point.

I believe that rather than either/or....... BOTH are right.

Looking at things as best we are able from God's perspective...

A day to God may be an instant....A billion years a day.
WE want things to happen (a prayer answered) in OUR schedule to OUR desires....whereas...God has a plan... we need to trust, believe and be patient..as best we can with His help.

yup. yup. yup.

trust, believe and be patient. I like that.
 
rhino *hugs* we're not sick of ya :) it happens when you feel strongly about something.

now have a drink and a biscuit and chill out a moment *L*
 
Welllll.. the temperature outside is 12 (for you feriners.. thats
-11C) and the windchill is about 5 below zero (-21C). The snow is almost two feet (66 Cm) deep so I was rather hoping for a change of climate......
 
Mismused! Hugsssssss...hey there ...nice to see you

And dream hon? You can keep the snow wherever your poor self is....don't want it down here
 
patricia51 said:
Mismused! Hugsssssss...hey there ...nice to see you

And dream hon? You can keep the snow wherever your poor self is....don't want it down here

Patricia m'dear... isn't christianity about sharing? I would be MOSTEST happy to share my snow with all those underprivledged people who have never seen the damn stuff!!!!!
 
English Lady said:
i'll take some snow off you dreampilot ;)

I'd give it to ya dear... but that would probably mean shoveling it in a shipping box... and I've had to do enough shoveling already... lol

Besides it might not get there....

but since this is about prayer... I will defenitely pray that the next batch goes SOUTH!!!!
 
dreampilot79 said:
Patricia m'dear... isn't christianity about sharing? I would be MOSTEST happy to share my snow with all those underprivledged people who have never seen the damn stuff!!!!!

Dream darlin', I am trying to be unselfish. As an AirForce brat I lived for three years in Fairbanks Alaska. As a camp follower of my US Army husband, I spent winters in Germany, winters in Belguim and the worst one at all at Fort Leavenworth Kansas (that WIND). Just because I'n from Georgia and happily back here doesn't mean I haven't seen enough of the damn stuff in my life.
 
dreampilot..we only get the odd flurry of snow here - we got some christmas day last year which was wonderful. :)
 
patricia51 said:
Dream darlin', I am trying to be unselfish. As an AirForce brat I lived for three years in Fairbanks Alaska. As a camp follower of my US Army husband, I spent winters in Germany, winters in Belguim and the worst one at all at Fort Leavenworth Kansas (that WIND). Just because I'n from Georgia and happily back here doesn't mean I haven't seen enough of the damn stuff in my life.

As for me .. I don't mind seeing it.. but I hate to shovel it!!!

Talk about a sin... the stuff makes me say defenitely unreligious words
 
English Lady said:
dreampilot..we only get the odd flurry of snow here - we got some christmas day last year which was wonderful. :)

I don't live in the worst place for snow in the U.S. but we've gotten more than our share lately.

The worst of it is in the wildlife. I'm out in the country and there are lots of gods creatures who come for a meal on my shrubery. Nothing quite like 14 or 15 white tailed deer munching on the landscaping to bring out references to religion!
 
now you see that sounds cute to me. ..but we have no shrubbery and definitely no deer to nibble on it *L*
 
EL

Thank you for starting this thread.. and I apologize if my miserable attempts at humor have led the string astray...

Guess we better get serious again....

If I can't covet my neighbor.. can I covet one from accross the sea?
 
Hello? I believe someone called me?

As you know I am an evangelical-<lie smote by higher power>

As you know, I don't talk about what my religion is, what it consists of, etc. It's private and it's mine.

However, I have known a good number of Christians in my life. They have helped me through some darker patches and my main friends at the point where I was struggling with control over my MPS were all Christian.

Christianity is a beautiful religion. No, I don't subscribe and please don't ask me, i've already had to tell two good friends that "I'll take Hell, if neccesary" and it wasn't fun. The teachings of Christ, of loving your fellow brother, not being an asshole, aiding those less fortunate, suffering for the world and those you don't know, standing against those who would sin to punish sin, loving all. These things are the keys to your religion. These are the beauties that you should cherish. Arguing stupidly about whether Genesis was parable or truth or propaganda or whether what some stuffy crazy idjit (Paul and whoever wrote Leviticus) inserted into the Bible about sexual sin should be heeded or ignored is just that, stupid. Cause it all boils down to Christ in the end.

He's what mattered. And perhaps even to the Devil. Speaking as one who's been through the loss of a great man I knew well, knowing how that affected even the darkest of my personalities... Maybe the Devil can mourn Christ and respect his life as man and deity. Or something like that. I'll let you guys get back to the community with this one note. "Don't let f-ers with impurer hearts than you make you feel guilty for writing about love."
 
LC - Hello love :)

You are one hell of a clever fella (see what I did there huh;) and you're very right what it all boils down to in the end is Christ.

Now all the other debating is fine by me here too, as long as it stays friendly,because it is good to see what different people believe and I reckon we can deal with a bit of discussion now and then.

Oh and this isn't a thread about pushing our beliefs on others, it's more about sharing amongst fellow christians and just showing some Christian fellowship to others. I am not the type who will preach :)

Anyhow you'll always be welcome to drop in here and I hope to see you back at some point. :)

I have no idea where this thread will go, how it'll be used but we'll work it out as we go along *l*
 
Hi English Lady

I was suprised to see this thread on Lit, but I think its cool that you started it.
I was raised Southern Baptist by my own choice, my mom let us choose if we wanted to go to church or not.My hubby is S.B. as well so we don't have that conflict.
I hope this thread stays around for a while, it may help someone, God does work in mysterious ways.
 
Hello lick me twice :) I will endeavour to keep this thread afloat as much as possible, I hope to see you pop in more in future.

God does move in mysterious ways. I honestly felt I had to start this thread, and Thank God I listened and actually did it!
 
English Lady said:
Hello lick me twice :) I will endeavour to keep this thread afloat as much as possible, I hope to see you pop in more in future.

God does move in mysterious ways. I honestly felt I had to start this thread, and Thank God I listened and actually did it!

Im not sure who said it first but it looks like everyone agrees that pushy missionarys and evanglists do more to turn people away then anything else, your life and attitude should be your testomony, you shouldn't have to beat people into submisson with pamplets and tracts ect., kay, I'll step off my soapbox now unless your up for some discussion?
 
If you're comfy on it stay up on your soapbox but I'mnot going to disagree.

I think sometimes you do have to be bold and speak up for what you believe in but I don't think there is ever a need for "bible bashing" a person into submission.

If a person shows intrest of course share pamphlets and such with them,but otherwise just testify (oooh theres an evangelical word right?*L*) by being yourself :)
 
Hello again. :)

I just got the chance to catch up on this thread.
Very interesting!
And it hasn't turned into a shit-slingin contest.. hooray!
EL, your thread is (thus far, lol) a success! :kiss:

I had a friend in high school that was all about church. Bible studies, church camp, church this, church that.
Not intending on starting anything, I asked why she felt the need to go to all of that.
She completely flew off the handle at me! Apparently I am going to go to hell, lol, because I don't go to church.
I ended the conversation there, and her and I quickly drifted apart.
Oh, and she was the one that called homosexuality a 'disease' and said that gay people needed Pyshcological help.
I just couldn't see myself being friends with someone that was praying for my immortal soul behind my back. LOL.

When I think about her, I think about the quote I read somewhere: "Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to McDonald's makes you a hamburger."

All right, again that's all for now. Time for work!
Have a lovely day all!
~K:kiss:
 
I'm an agnostic, myself. I don't know anything about God.

I believe that if She exists, She wants us to be good to one another. As the person who people claim to be Her Son said, "This I say to you, that you love one another as I have loved you."

All the rituals, icons, pretty pictures, and everything else loaded on to religions of all types are diversionary tactics to lead us away from this simple piece of wisdom.

As C. S. Lewis noted in The Screwtape Letters one of the parade ground drills in Hell is turning into an angel of light.
 
Back
Top