Free Association Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it entered their heads, but intelligent humour has always lasted well.

I like this one.

Very funny :) I think I actually developed my own dry sense of humor from the Brits (and Jack Benny).

Do you remember these guys? Not their most well known cut, but a favorite of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI-9WH4Z4gY

I once got to watch 'Legs' Larry Smith with two tap-dancing midgets on stage with Elton John during his song 'Think I'm Gonna Kill Myself'.

I do believe we are Doing the Time Warp :nana:

Love it; thank you.
You know, I don't think I've seen that film . . . . <turns pink with shame>

"A Brief History of Time - From Big Bang to Black Holes' - Stephen W Hawkins

According to an astrophysicist friend, of the several squillion copies sold, only 97 have actually been read. Ninety-seven and three-quarters if you count my copy. :D

It was voted the best 'coffee table' book. I don't know about everyone else but I had trouble understanding it (which probably underlines the fact he's a bloody genius and I'm dim).
Ah well, back to my homework. . . .
:)

It was voted the best 'coffee table' book. I don't know about everyone else but I had trouble understanding it (which probably underlines the fact he's a bloody genius and I'm dim).
Ah well, back to my homework. . . .
:)

The definition of 'coffee table book' is one you don't read or can't understand but leave on your coffee table to make visitors think you have read and understood it.

But because they do the same thing, they know that it is on your coffee table because you haven't read and/or can't understand it - just like their coffee table books.

And the author, publisher and booksellers count their profits from books hyped to sell beyond the target audience.

Eventually the coffee table book gets replaced by the latest coffee table book. The older ones go to charity shops who sell them to people who are behind the trend for coffee table books - and the cycle goes on and on...

The definition of 'coffee table book' is one you don't read or can't understand but leave on your coffee table to make visitors think you have read and understood it.

But because they do the same thing, they know that it is on your coffee table because you haven't read and/or can't understand it - just like their coffee table books.

And the author, publisher and booksellers count their profits from books hyped to sell beyond the target audience.

Eventually the coffee table book gets replaced by the latest coffee table book. The older ones go to charity shops who sell them to people who are behind the trend for coffee table books - and the cycle goes on and on...

The best of all coffee table books was Kramer's...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE5ROl2YPbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back