Free association thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, whatever became of charabancs? :)

charabanc1.jpg

They were hard on the backside, uncomfortable, limited to twenty miles an hour and replaced by coaches. Coaches had upholstered seats, a roof that kept the rain off, and eventually went faster.

Coach outings still exist. From my town I can book visits to major shopping malls near London, in France, to Christmas Markets in Germany, and day trips to historic houses, or race meetings. Several groups I belong to still organise days out by coach to selected places of interest. Recent outings have included a keyboard museum, our Twin Town in France, a West End Musical, an exhibition in London. A coach party can sometimes book a private view of a stately home guided by the owner - with a cream tea.

charabanc1.jpg

They were hard on the backside, uncomfortable, limited to twenty miles an hour and replaced by coaches. Coaches had upholstered seats, a roof that kept the rain off, and eventually went faster.

Coach outings still exist. From my town I can book visits to major shopping malls near London, in France, to Christmas Markets in Germany, and day trips to historic houses, or race meetings. Several groups I belong to still organise days out by coach to selected places of interest. Recent outings have included a keyboard museum, our Twin Town in France, a West End Musical, an exhibition in London. A coach party can sometimes book a private view of a stately home guided by the owner - with a cream tea.

All the Pretty Little Horses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYZDBy2PB3Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back