A Poet Walks Into a Bar . . .

Nice to meet you, Beth. I'm near Memphis--western TN.

Nice meeting you, too. I love the nic btw. I love the Arthur legends- Mary Stewarts books are the very best. My sister has kinfolk in Dyersburg. She lives in Giles ounty now- Pulaski. I haven't been to Memphis since I lived in Tupelo. That was in 1975ish. Too far to go from here. I'm about 35 miles southeast from Nashville. If you ever get over this way give me a hollar. I'm in the real boonies, but it's nice and peaceful.

A Poet Walks Into a Bar . . .

and sits down next to an old drunk. The old drunk says "If you buy me a beer I'll grant you one wish." The poet laughs and agrees. The old guy gets his beer, drinks it down and looks over at the poet and winks. Suddenly there's a fireworks display in miniature on the bar and when the air clears there sits a little bitty kids piano and a little bitty man sitting there playing it! The old drunk grins and asks "Did you get your wish?" and the poet looks at him like he's insane. He says "Of course not, you ol bum! Did you think I was asking for a twelve inch pianist???

Cute, Beth. I love Cohen, too.

It has been wonderful to read the intros of veterans and newcomers alike. More to come, I hope.

Hi Harry-
I don't know who Aspasia and Fern are. I'd help if I could, but I have no clue. What are you trying to do? Someone here may know.

Ask Asparsia & Fern is an advice column on the site. Sid't mean to bother you... Saw 'Guru' by your name, thought you would know... will continue looking... Welcome again
Harry

Oh Geez, Beth. I can't remember my chat nickname. I had a little joke one time, Bitumen Betty and I think I used Dangerous Liason. I could have been Bubbles or something. Truly, I can't recall.

Ask Asparsia & Fern is an advice column on the site. Sid't mean to bother you... Saw 'Guru' by your name, thought you would know... will continue looking... Welcome again
Harry
Hey there Harry. The title "Literotica Guru" is system generated because of your post count... once it reaches 500 or maybe 1000.

Champagne don't make me crazy; cocaine don't make me lazy, ain't nobody's buisness if it do.
Saturday night again folks....hope you have someone to hold tonight. A poet walks into hell...

Oh Geez, Beth. I can't remember my chat nickname. I had a little joke one time, Bitumen Betty and I think I used Dangerous Liason. I could have been Bubbles or something. Truly, I can't recall.

The best nic I ever had was BlowUp Doll. lmao! As soon as someone (usually a guy) would pvt me he'd start asking me questions. I let them ramble a bit and then said "You're the one who picked me out. YOU tell me how I look, YOU have to show me what you want. I'm your possession... are you just gonna sit there and look at me or what?" 9 times out of 10 they would then say it wasn't fair if I did nothing- it's a 2 way street. I told them I'm a damn doll full of hot air- I couldn't do anything!

:devil:

I told them I'm a damn doll full of hot air- I couldn't do anything! :devil:[/QUOTE said:
but still amusing as hell. I posted on one of you old threads (a poetry review?)
A poet walks into a bar
He asks for paper and a guitar
you can imagine the flap
as he laid out his hat
composing paper eight bars
Please feel free to work with this

A poet walks into a bar
He asks for paper and a guitar
you can imagine the flap
as he laid out his hat
composing paper eight bars
Well, you can imagine the flap
as the poets started to tap
their toes when he began to play
a tune that he'd wrote
about love, life and other such crap.

Hi folks. I am still PandoraGlitters but a little changed as I return to New York and to my routine. I lost a friend and an inspiration and this has rocked me a bit but I am climbing back up to the surface. I had tried a horse metaphor there but it was cliche. And I have no accents. I need new keyboard settings. Hope you are all well and loving the end of August. Change is in the air. And, when we are lucky, on the sidewalk. :heart: D

a poet wafted, lonely as a cloud...

bah ram ewe, bah ram ewe, to your breed and fleece be true
(sorry, Babe's on the tv in the background)

i was on another site, when another member here invited me over to this poetry forum. i didn't come right away, as shortly after i lost internet when i split up with my husband and had to pay off a load of debts he'd run up before being able to get back online. when i did, the first place i went to was back where i'd been, only to be horrified at the state of the place - it's since closed down. so, the second place i came to was here, and here i've stayed, though not always active on the poetry forum.

there's plenty of crud published by lit, but this forum has some of the better poets i've come across during my years online. if i were still running my arts and writing site, i certainly would have asked to feature some of these poets.

what i appreciate most about here is the informed opinions offered in a completely helpful manner, rather than the shredding of poets and poems for their own pleasure and presumed status. having edited, online published and been published in various mediums, and net-experienced, the lack of snobbery here is something rare and to be embraced. this place offers the chance to grow, to develop, and everyone - beginner to teacher - can continue their journey as writers, a journey that never ends while we still create.

apart from that, there're some funny fucks here, too. :D

Ok. I typed bar because it was shorter than erotica site poetry forum. But so here you are. Maybe you are new. Maybe you are not. Please introduce yourself by letting us know a few things at your discretion.

Possible offerings: favorite poet that you have read, what brought you here, if you are currently in bondage hanging from the ceiling with only the use of your hands, etc.

I am in New York. I enjoy reading BJ Ward, Sharon Olds, Edna St. Vincent Millay and Marianne Moore. I am currently unfettered though full of designs. I was brought here by the dirty stories in the other part of the forum. I like watching documentaries and show jumping.

Ok. You're up! battah battah battah battah . . .
I'm drunk and was looking for the punchline.
Its not a joke? What am I doing here?
I like Marianne Moore.

Poetry
Who fucking needs it?

I'm paraphrasing just a bit.

"I am currently unfettered though full of designs." Never heard it put that way before, are you looking for fettering?
my smilily icons aren't working so I have to type it out

rose
rose
rose

a poet wafted, lonely as a cloud...

bah ram ewe, bah ram ewe, to your breed and fleece be true
(sorry, Babe's on the tv in the background)

i was on another site, when another member here invited me over to this poetry forum. i didn't come right away, as shortly after i lost internet when i split up with my husband and had to pay off a load of debts he'd run up before being able to get back online. when i did, the first place i went to was back where i'd been, only to be horrified at the state of the place - it's since closed down. so, the second place i came to was here, and here i've stayed, though not always active on the poetry forum.

there's plenty of crud published by lit, but this forum has some of the better poets i've come across during my years online. if i were still running my arts and writing site, i certainly would have asked to feature some of these poets.

what i appreciate most about here is the informed opinions offered in a completely helpful manner, rather than the shredding of poets and poems for their own pleasure and presumed status. having edited, online published and been published in various mediums, and net-experienced, the lack of snobbery here is something rare and to be embraced. this place offers the chance to grow, to develop, and everyone - beginner to teacher - can continue their journey as writers, a journey that never ends while we still create.

apart from that, there're some funny fucks here, too. :D
Damned lucky we are to have you accept the invitation, chip. Glad to have pointed you in this direction. :)

So, like, what? Was I sleeping when this went up initially? :rolleyes:

Anyways,
I'm Remec...given name is Sean (but I answer to computer aliases Fax and Aldarras, as well). I had discovered the site from an article somewhere else in the web, I think, and used to merely read the stories. Then I decided to register and began reading and posting in some forums--mostly AH and SRP.

If my memory isn't on the fritz, again, I think I posted in a poetic thread someone had made in the AH and was referred over to the actual poetry threads. Then I submitted my first one and, voilá, been here, off and on, ever since. :)

As to background, Navy brat--dad was in the service until my freshman year of college. Born in Pa, lived in Ga, Va, and Ca growing up, finished high school in Virginia Beach, went down to NC for college ("Go Bears!"), shifting my focus from education to theatre and earning a BA (with a minor in math), and stayed in NC for some grad school (left without the Master's though...darn living expenses *sigh*) and returned to Va, where I've been ever since.

I barely read poetry on a regular basis, sorry to say; I'm just too fearful of picking up another's turn of phrase or metaphor or etc, etal...so I read it sporadically and would be hard pressed to really name any favorites who aren't around this site.

Last edited:
Remec, I majored in cast parties, too. Twelve oh, let me get you another. Guinness? What do you drink, chap? And Harry, must come during opening hours.

Rose back at ya.

*uncorking a Chianti*

While you are pouring, give me a DeLord. ...Don't need a snifter, shot glass will do. 'dabs a wet finger on the inside of his wrists and smells.'
Cheers'

make mine a vodka on the rocks with a slice of lime, please

*pulls up a stool alongside harry*

*Harry leans on the bar, taking the smallest of sips, then breathes in through lips as his eyes slide over to where the quality twat sits besides him.
--She's hot, Oldman remarked.
--Shut up, Oldman, ...I'm just here to have a drink, not pick up women

--So, what are you going to do, just sit there silently an drink? You could talk to her ya know.
--Fine, Oldman, If it shuts you up, I will.
*Harry turns, his eyes drop to the bar as hers meet his
"So, Chipbutty, about that comment you lost on 'Dark Spell' today ...what was it?"

*Chipbutty says nothing and Harry turns back to his drink.
--Happy? I talked to her.
--Yeah, idiot, but she did not post the comment... it was Desejo.. no wonder you are a social out cast.
--Oh shit! Are you sure?
--Yeah, I'm sure. I paged back in your mind to look.
*Harry finishes drink and strolls out of the bar

*Harry leans on the bar, taking the smallest of sips, then breathes in through lips as his eyes slide over to where the quality twat sits besides him.
--She's hot, Oldman remarked.
--Shut up, Oldman, ...I'm just here to have a drink, not pick up women

--So, what are you going to do, just sit there silently an drink? You could talk to her ya know.
--Fine, Oldman, If it shuts you up, I will.
*Harry turns, his eyes drop to the bar as hers meet his
"So, Chipbutty, about that comment you lost on 'Dark Spell' today ...what was it?"

*Chipbutty says nothing and Harry turns back to his drink.
--Happy? I talked to her.
--Yeah, idiot, but she did not post the comment... it was Desejo.. no wonder you are a social out cast.
--Oh shit! Are you sure?
--Yeah, I'm sure. I paged back in your mind to look.
*Harry finishes drink and strolls out of the bar
oops, sorry harry, i was busy over on the GB because of that scumbag jimmy savile.

ok, what did i say?

come back...

*sips drink* that'll teach me to not pay attention :rolleyes:

harry harry harry

*sips, sighs, leaves empty glass on counter, heads on out into the night*

Back