Confessions: What Are Yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking forward to them getting presents from Santa... Wish we could all be so giving of ourselves as we once believed Santa was to us.... Merry Christmas everyone

I still believe in Santa. But when I sit on his lap... Okay, I'm just sayin' :devil:

ICT I love to address presents from the reindeer and Mrs. Claus, as well as Santa. It was a good year for Blitzen, and the elves.

ICT I love to address presents from the reindeer and Mrs. Claus, as well as Santa. It was a good year for Blitzen, and the elves.

I gave my niece the cutest little light up antlers. We weren't allowed to give gifts at our family thing (don't ask) but it was her birthday this month so I snuck a few in... *smile* Was my Mom's tradition and the gift thing was gone when she was.

Anyway, she loved it. I'm a horrible gift giver I think I did good. ;)

I confess that my kids still put out carrots for the reindeer and cookies for Santa. Santa really enjoys them too.

I confess that my kids still put out carrots for the reindeer and cookies for Santa. Santa really enjoys them too.
I never did the carrots but I did do the cookies. One year when I was 11 I think, I got a "handwritten" letter from Santa. That kept me believing one more year :)

I gave my niece the cutest little light up antlers. We weren't allowed to give gifts at our family thing (don't ask) but it was her birthday this month so I snuck a few in... *smile* Was my Mom's tradition and the gift thing was gone when she was.

Anyway, she loved it. I'm a horrible gift giver I think I did good. ;)
Lol. It's good that you got to sneak in a gift.

ICT I don't know what is wrong with families. We have had only one tradition in my Moms family that we get together one night in the whole year. Well a couple of cookouts in the summer. We aren't close. But my Mom orchestrated a gift exchange and I remember playing with my niece and nephew (they are just a few years younger than me) and now their kids are kids. We did it every year for a lot of my life, my kids life...

There was a misunderstanding and all of a sudden the tradition isn't "allowed" anymore. I know gifts are mostly not the most important thing but it brought us together. I like our gathering now without the gifts but it's always a hurtful topic of discussion.

The only part I have a problem with is it was my Mom's tradition. So after church me and my Dad and sister and my kids got together and exchanged. It was cool. We had a good time together. It's always iffy.

"Well I mentioned this twice think it really might be bothering me?" LOL Well not "that" much. Just miss my Mom...

ICT I don't know what is wrong with families. We have had only one tradition in my Moms family that we get together one night in the whole year. Well a couple of cookouts in the summer. We aren't close. But my Mom orchestrated a gift exchange and I remember playing with my niece and nephew (they are just a few years younger than me) and now their kids are kids. We did it every year for a lot of my life, my kids life...

There was a misunderstanding and all of a sudden the tradition isn't "allowed" anymore. I know gifts are mostly not the most important thing but it brought us together. I like our gathering now without the gifts but it's always a hurtful topic of discussion.

The only part I have a problem with is it was my Mom's tradition. So after church me and my Dad and sister and my kids got together and exchanged. It was cool. We had a good time together. It's always iffy.

"Well I mentioned this twice think it really might be bothering me?" LOL Well not "that" much. Just miss my Mom...
ICT its a nice idea ands sort of keeps the flock together

I wasn't talking about you!! I'm talking about guys who have never posted who make me feel trashy, and not in a good way.

LOL a friend of mine used to refer to the night of the lit virgins when she'd start a new thread.. suddenly out of the woodword would come stacks o'guys with like two posts to their credit, sending PMS

LOL a friend of mine used to refer to the night of the lit virgins when she'd start a new thread.. suddenly out of the woodword would come stacks o'guys with like two posts to their credit, sending PMS

Hey, I resemble that remark:rolleyes:

oh, wait...

nevermind :D

I just don't want to make anyone feel bad, or hurt someone's feelings.

my friend, you're going to get a whole lot, more than I can imagine of inane PMs.. You can't make us all feel good about ourselves.. it's sort of an individual responsibility. Though I like you more for this reply. Merry Christmas MYW. You're a good person, and I'm happy that you call me friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back