❓ PLP Inquires❓

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok weird question!

Do you remember the celebrities that your parents went gaga over when you were young? Did that shape your idea of attractiveness as an adult? Bonus points if you give us pics!

As far as my dad goes I have no clue.

For my mother it was always Tim McGraw. She still likes to refer to him as my "real father".

My dad had always had the hots for Sigourney Weaver. Not sure why....but I've always considered her my spiritual step mother.

veT03FKb_3005142112401.jpg

Ok weird question!

Do you remember the celebrities that your parents went gaga over when you were young? Did that shape your idea of attractiveness as an adult? Bonus points if you give us pics!

My dad was a Farrah Fawcett fan, my mums was Michael Bolton.
None had an influence on as me......that im aware of anyway

Ummm... because she’s a badass??!:heart:

Agree she's a badass and hot in a can't quite finger it (teehee) way. I remember "enjoying" her scene in Ghostbusters when she's possessed and kind of trying to seduce Bill Murray's character. No nudity, just a clingy thin something and the way she moved her body. The rewind button on my vcr got heavily used to re-watch that scene until... well, you know :D

Agree she's a badass and hot in a can't quite finger it (teehee) way. I remember "enjoying" her scene in Ghostbusters when she's possessed and kind of trying to seduce Bill Murray's character. No nudity, just a clingy thin something and the way she moved her body. The rewind button on my vcr got heavily used to re-watch that scene until... well, you know :D

Most guys our age have the Carrie Fisher crush.

I'm showing my age here, clearly. Ok. I'm 56. There, I said it.

My dad was always into Angie Dickinson. On Police Woman, the intro always started with her walking down the stairs into the precinct or wherever. So all you saw at first were her legs. She had amazing legs. It was his favorite part.

My mom is in love with Tom Selleck but back in the day, when Tom Landry was coaching, it was him. Always dapper. She loves that. Then one day he took his hat off and she realized he was bald and kind of pin-headed. That killed it for her.

I'm showing my age here, clearly. Ok. I'm 56. There, I said it.

My dad was always into Angie Dickinson. On Police Woman, the intro always started with her walking down the stairs into the precinct or wherever. So all you saw at first were her legs. She had amazing legs. It was his favorite part.

My mom is in love with Tom Selleck but back in the day, when Tom Landry was coaching, it was him. Always dapper. She loves that. Then one day he took his hat off and she realized he was bald and kind of pin-headed. That killed it for her.

My uncle was in LOVE with Angie. I always thought she was kind of hard looking, but I think that was part of the appeal. She looked like she could go a round or 10.

I remember watching Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman with my father and him grunting his delight and appreciation of her. I was pretty young so I don't think I consciously saw her as a sexual figure but some part of my understood my father's feeling and I was like "ooooh, that's why I like her so much!"

Lynda-Carter-awesome-pic-1.jpg

Ok weird question!

Hum, I don't remember too many of my moms, but I know we had similar tastes. She was a teen mom, so our ages aren't that far apart. Let me see, the only reason her 3rd husband's WWF (now WWE) obsession hogging the TV was tolerated by us was because we might get to watch Shawn Michaels

https://i.imgur.com/tBclNK6l.jpg

we joked about enjoying him a lot.

we were both fans of the men of Guns N' Roses, she was who introduced me.
https://i.imgur.com/JenXVbnl.jpg

She liked Soul Asylum because David Pirner reminded her of Tom Petty. Personally I think young David Pirner was hotter than young Tom Petty, but old Tom Petty looks better than young Tom Petty and old David Pirner for sure.
https://i.imgur.com/smyLMYsl.jpg

I am not really sure if that shaped anything or if we were both a product of the times. 3 out of 4 of my mother's husbands were blue collar, longer hair, a bit scruffy. I dated white collar sometimes, but always went back to blue collar, longer hair, a bit scruffy. Hubby was a very Kurt Cobain type look in our early years. Yeah, we both like our men a bit skanky, just not sure how much her preferences shaped mine, but there is an overlap.

Dad, I don't remember too many specifics, but he has always liked the bleached blonde, big boob type. the Pam Andersons, Dolly Partons, Anna Nicole Smiths of the world. Truth though, he likes his women a little heavier than what was mainstream when I was a kid. Probably because he likes big natural boobs. If he wasn't old as fuck, he'd be having a field day now. All 4 of his wives and every girlfriend was bleached blond, big boobs, chubby, heavy makeup type, including my mom at that time.

https://i.imgur.com/A0ZXKArl.jpg

I don't think he shaped me at all, we weren't close.

Ok weird question!

I'm not sure about my dad....but my mom was a HUGE Elvis fan; I think she cried all day the day he died. Even to this day, she still gets a twinkle in her eye when she hears his music...

I'm not sure if it shaped my ideas, other than I still want a rhinestone-studded jumpsuit....

Ok weird question!

My mom watched and still watches every Cary Grant movie, from my early age on. I have watched some with her over the years, and some are good.....but every single one, that is a stretch.

My dad was more reserved, so never go that vibe watching movies or TV. I know he appreciates women, but is also very respective of women, that what was engrained into me.

My mother always thought Tom Berenger was awesome. I don’t know what that was about.

e1976b8164280ac3b90518abcaeb7c3e.jpg

I don’t know about my father. He was quiet. But the other guys always talked about Princess Leia and the gold bikini. I do not get it. Not throwing stones or saying I would look better in that bikini (my tits are bigger). But just not my cup of tea.

4a59e757f0e89db28b835a61173c1579.jpg

Now for pmann to look back for pboyy, I would find Tiffani Thiessan attractive. Not Princess Leia.

kelly1.jpg

She’s still pretty today. And her, uhm, talents have embiggened. Other than that, she didn’t fuck up her face with plastic surgery.

tiffani-thiessen-350-350.jpeg

Ok weird question!

Yes I remember my mother went crazy gaga over a wrestler called "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash.
It was the funniest thing ever to watch her blush and squirm when my dad made fun of her.

Infact like me she was quite short so I have developed a thing for overly tall men :rolleyes:

Yes I remember my mother went crazy gaga over a wrestler called "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash.
It was the funniest thing ever to watch her blush and squirm when my dad made fun of her.

Infact like me she was quite short so I have developed a thing for overly tall men :rolleyes:

Haha...I remember him.... Big sexy.....

I know my mom and aunts always had a thing for Kevin Kostner....I think it's the only reason we owned water world

Ok weird question!

tumblr_pv2db5RlPl1y42r3do1_400.jpg

For my mom - I remember her having a big thing for 80's Mel Gibson. And his glorious feathered mullet. Patrick Swayze ran a close second for her.

tumblr_pv2da2vZMN1y42r3do1_400.jpg

My dad had the Farrah Fawcett poster hanging on the inside of his bedroom door long past when it should have been there.

There's the recurring theme of big volume, feathered hair but I don't think either of their objects of celebrity affection impacted my tastes. Although I do like dark haired, light eyed men...

Last edited:
I honestly don't remember my mom having a celebrity crush at all.

For my dad, it was female spies, especially Bond Girls like Honor Blackman:

Bond-Girl-Honor-Blackman-as-Pussy-Galore-in-Goldfinger.jpg

I mean, come on: Pussy Galore? How did they get away with that in the 60s?

Ursula Andress:

13427200_1.jpg

And, of course, although not a Bond Girl, Emma Peel herself, Diana Rigg:

s-l300.jpg

I guess that's why I am a Bond fan, and Goldfinger is my favourite Bond movie:

57e6d5aaee2958030a82cf88d5a8814b.jpg

Ok weird question!

I do not remember any celebrity crushes. My mom was a huge Johnny Cash fan, but that was more about the music. If they had any, they kept them to themselves. The only movies I remember us going to as kids were westerns at the drive-in theater.

So, there wasn't any impact on my idea of attractiveness. It was shaped more by the people I grew up with, who I found attractive, and why.

My mother didn't have a celebrity crush, but my Aunt had it bad fro "The Turk" Derek Sanderson of the Boston Bruins in the early 70s (Booby Orr- Phil Esposito era)

8448671.jpg

Has there been anything in your life that's left you jaded? What about Lit specifically? Can you break out of a jaded mindset?

Has there been anything in your life that's left you jaded? What about Lit specifically? Can you break out of a jaded mindset?

There has been plenty to leave me jaded irl, not so much on Lit. Too many things to pick out one specifically. As far as breaking out of that, I don't know. If I ever manage to I'll let ya know.

oh man. In life? 2000 election - went to sleep thinking one thing, woke up to another, which had drastic consequences for so many people including those close to me.

And every single day, I'm more and more jaded about things when Trump opens his mouth or tweets and people defend him.

social media - including crowd sourcing and crowd funding - often leaves me jaded.

What's left me jaded because of lit? I think I'm pretty realistic when it comes to human behavior, especially when it comes to sex. It has taught me that I'm less flexible than I need to be, and that I don't know how to handle some things. But not jaded.

I think people CAN break out of being jaded, but depending on what the reason is, it could take an act of god, and you have to want to be broken out of it. I'm a cynic, and a realist, largely out of self preservation. I'm jaded because people often show you who they are when they don't mean to.

Just picking part of what you said, Avery. I'm going to have to ask about crowd funding because I really don't see what the deal is but I'd be curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

But anyway... back to jadedness.... (jadedness?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back