❓ PLP Inquires❓

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing I did not play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4nQQ-r8xY Or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzjERZU3wbY

And thanks kinda forgot I was not coming here anymore and this was not the listening to thread but it must be all the booze and blow.

My job had me with involved with prisoners once... briefly... a young female drug addict was picked up one night... I can’t remember what she’d done but I don’t know if I’d ever seen a person look more fragile - I had an overwhelming urge to give her a bowl of soup except I was there to fix the IT... not the people...

Random overshare... I think I’m saying I wanna give you a bowl of soup.. weird I know...

On topic - this is my go to good mood, singing in the kitchen on sunny weekend morning song...

https://youtu.be/LJnE88snVf8

My job had me with involved with prisoners once... briefly... a young female drug addict was picked up one night... I can’t remember what she’d done but I don’t know if I’d ever seen a person look more fragile - I had an overwhelming urge to give her a bowl of soup except I was there to fix the IT... not the people...

Random overshare... I think I’m saying I wanna give you a bowl of soup.. weird I know...

On topic - this is my go to good mood, singing in the kitchen on sunny weekend morning song...

https://youtu.be/LJnE88snVf8

Thanks I like ramen but prefer tacos.

May I suggest the perfect answer - taco soup?

Its always a good thing when I come to this thread and we are talking about tacos...

Ok carry on!

I’ve still not had a taco... so soup it is...:cattail:

This also cheers me up
https://youtu.be/GXLK5gljs5I

Wait what? No taco? Ever? Or just today?

And no kidding I listen to this when i get bummed so pretty much everyday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mke1l6aW4OY

When trouble comes around
Like it surely will
Remember you were happy once
And you can be happy still
Far beyond the sunset rim
In the twilight deep and dim
Where the darkness never goes
But we shall be in droves
Ain’t nobody coming back
This way again

May I suggest the perfect answer - taco soup?

Its always a good thing when I come to this thread and we are talking about tacos...

Ok carry on!

I love taco soup. My mom makes it for me. And I guess you are watching the new Netflix docu series Taco Chronicles?

Let's talk music!

What genre of music is your go-to for a good mood? What song cheers you up?

hum, my go to music is generally adult alternative. Apparently angry music puts me in a good mood haha.

Let's talk about silly fears.

What do you have a ridiculous fear of? Something your logical mind knows better but some little place in the back of your mind still gets chilla thinking about....

well in my youth, I spent a large portion of time with a focus on forcing myself through what scared me, what I didn't like, etc, as a way desensitize myself to them. there are a couple that still are in the back of my head. 1) insects. I can hold a cockroach or spider and not freak out, when I put my game face on. problem is that bugs never give me the warning before coming right for me. I have hidden behind and pushed my husband at more insects than I can count. 2)heights. I was fully functional with them and could man up through anything, until I had a kid. Now, I am prone to holding the kid tightly, like I think he is going to climb and jump off an amusement park ride or balcony or into a zoo pit. Drives him nuts. I often get scolded and switch to like holding the back of his shirt, and still get scolded when he notices. 3)driving. I hate high speed high traffic like interstates. I am functional, but serious, I look around and see it only works because 100s of people do things with the correct timing. If just one random person does one random stupid thing, ball of flames. I am putting trust in 100s of random people to not have a single one do something stupid.

and new ones have appeared since becoming a parent. like I have apparently developed a fear of sleeping in. my son almost always wakes up about 6. If I ever roll over and see it is like 7:15, I am generally hit with a feeling of panic and immediately run to check and make sure he is here and breathing. Apparently I think vultures might sneak into his room and eat him or something. when he was a baby, I had 2 breathing monitors lol. Lakes, kid loves lakes, I used to like them, but now so many worries, drowning, gators, cottonmouths, N. fowleri, dry drowning. yeah yeah, those brain eating amoebas are lurking everywhere. ones that are finally starting to resolve, like food and choking. hot dogs, grapes, so many dangerous foods everywhere. forgetting or losing him. I managed to not forget my kid anywhere, go me. Being a parent is fucking scary. I knew crazy moms before, but didn't think I'd be one. I am glad I am not a single parent as he needs someone who isn't insane too. He would probably be afraid of his own shadow if it was just me.

Let's talk music!

What genre of music is your go-to for a good mood? What song cheers you up?

Hard rock; not necessarily metal, but the really pumping stuff from the 70s-mid 80s

I will say that the soundtrack to Guardians of the Galaxy hits all the right feels to get you out of a funk.....

Hard rock; not necessarily metal, but the really pumping stuff from the 70s-mid 80s

I will say that the soundtrack to Guardians of the Galaxy hits all the right feels to get you out of a funk.....

I'd definitely second that. That is just a great soundtrack.

Ok weird question!

Do you remember the celebrities that your parents went gaga over when you were young? Did that shape your idea of attractiveness as an adult? Bonus points if you give us pics!

Ok weird question!

Do you remember the celebrities that your parents went gaga over when you were young? Did that shape your idea of attractiveness as an adult? Bonus points if you give us pics!

The only two celebrities I can remember either of my parents talking about was my mom had a mild obsession with Brian Boitano (the Winter Olympics in the 1980's were must-watch events in our house because of him - and also, it was the 80's and we didn't have cable; there wasn't anything else on), and she also liked Mike Schmidt. I think it was the mustache. Or maybe it was the moustache. Physically, those two are very different specimens and I don't think either made much of an impression on me.

Ok weird question!

Mom: Robert Redford and Yul Brenner.
Dad: Anne Murray

😂😂😂

I don’t know how to post pics, here.

Edit: The second part... not really. My mom picked 2 very different men, one who was generically good looking at the time, and the other who had a commanding presence.
I tend to go with the second quality, and I get why she found Yul Brenner atttactive because of it.
My crush from her generation was Paul Newman. Because, of course.

My Dad was just a lost cause. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok weird question!

No. My parents are asexual beings whose children were created by non sexual means.

Having said that, I was still influenced by the stars of my parents generation:

Fara and Magnum being two.

No. My parents are asexual beings whose children were created by non sexual means.

Having said that, I was still influenced by the stars of my parents generation:

Fara and Magnum being two.

My guy has a Man Crush on Magnum. He insists it’s the moustache.

Weirdly, my parents never went gaga over anyone that I recall. They were very quiet about it if they did.

I can honestly say I don't think that had any influence over who I find attractive now. I have a definite type, but it's didn't come from that influence at all that I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back