Free Association Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a younger cousin who spent more than 20 years in the principal's office. Mind you, his was the name on the door. :D

I always seemed to walk the fine line between regularly ending up in the principal's office and still managing to be on a first name basis with him. :D

If, by 'principal' you refer to the Headmaster (or mistress) of a school, I recall that ours was about as far away as the Good Lord, and twice as terrible.
Or 'Head of Year' teachers were bad enough.

My sole sibling's First & Second Grade teachers each/both graduated at the end of my years in the same grade, & we were only one year apart.

Meanwhile, my primary-school principal actually took me to the elementary school early to intro me to their principal & make sure I could physically handle the steps & things.

My sibling & I graduated from the same alma mater with no detentions, suspensions, nor expulsions. They won the school's spelling bee in 5th Grade (placing in the county), whereas I won the school when I was in 3rd, 5th, & 8th Grades. I stopped after high school, but my sibling graduated also from an out-of-state college they attended on a full scholarship, & now home-schools their child.

Problem? I can never tell if their children are overly-intelligent for their age, as we were both above the norm for our ages in the past.

Problem? I can never tell if their children are overly-intelligent for their age, as we were both above the norm for our ages in the past.

One Christmas was so much like another, in those years around the sea-town corner now and out of all sound except the distant speaking of the voices I sometimes hear a moment before sleep, that I can never remember whether it snowed for six days and six nights when I was twelve or whether it snowed for twelve days and twelve nights when I was six. - Dylan Thomas

One Christmas was so much like another, in those years around the sea-town corner now and out of all sound except the distant speaking of the voices I sometimes hear a moment before sleep, that I can never remember whether it snowed for six days and six nights when I was twelve or whether it snowed for twelve days and twelve nights when I was six. - Dylan Thomas

I remember waking one Christmas morn to snow on the ground (I was about 5).
This came as something of a surprise as I'd never seen it before.
It's not happened too often since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back