A Poet Walks Into a Bar . . .

they usually go up around 2:00 am here, so like 7:00 am your time if I've got the time zones right, which generally I don't.

And now I'll have to check NPs first thing in the morning, well, unless I can't sleep again tonight. Is it something you started on the threads or something previously unseen?

Oh, and I generally find impolite company to be MUCH more entertaining :D
Then The Cock is definitely right up your alley... (oh dear how happy he'd be to hear that!) It was one of the most refreshing threads either here or in the GB I've ever happened across. Bless all penile outcroppings who happen to be attached to snappy dominants who know good shibari.

Then The Cock is definitely right up your alley... (oh dear how happy he'd be to hear that!) It was one of the most refreshing threads either here or in the GB I've ever happened across. Bless all penile outcroppings who happen to be attached to snappy dominants who know good shibari.

That thread is highly entertaining. I peeked into his rope work thread as well, but I only have a passing interest in it, some of the images are quite nice though. I don't have the patience for that kind of artisanship. I'm more the just need to keep them immobile sorta gal ;)

That thread is highly entertaining. I peeked into his rope work thread as well, but I only have a passing interest in it, some of the images are quite nice though. I don't have the patience for that kind of artisanship. I'm more the just need to keep them immobile sorta gal ;)

Ahh but the extra time and effort accentuates the wait before....... the way you can make the patterns so intricate and beautiful.....sigh I need more time in my life!!!!

they usually go up around 2:00 am here, so like 7:00 am your time if I've got the time zones right, which generally I don't.

And now I'll have to check NPs first thing in the morning, well, unless I can't sleep again tonight. Is it something you started on the threads or something previously unseen?

Oh, and I generally find impolite company to be MUCH more entertaining :D

All new I had the idea the other day but didn't have the peace to get it down until today.

There seem to be a lot of lady doms around :D

Ahh but the extra time and effort accentuates the wait before....... the way you can make the patterns so intricate and beautiful.....sigh I need more time in my life!!!!

Well seeing as I can only competently tie two kinds of knots, it'll never be my thing. Though there was a fantasy series I read that did a damn good job of making the long process sound deliciously erotic. Hmm, think I know what my bed time reading is tonight :D

All new I had the idea the other day but didn't have the peace to get it down until today.

ooh, an entirely new piece, goody goody!

There seem to be a lot of lady doms around :D

LOL, well I said for a while that I could switch, but it was pointed out to me that merely being tied up isn't subbing and that's as sub as I get.

The Adventures of Buckaroo Bakkake

Open to suggestions for a title.

It’s one thirty in the morning and I’m drinking alone
while two hundred people make noise
and smoke and drink and dance.
The band is good or loud, and wants to know
What did you think I would do at this moment?
There’s a blonde in a red dress sitting on the cigarette machine.
Not my type, I prefer quiet crazy,
the hidden neuroses that reveals itself over days or weeks
or maybe years, leaving me to wonder if I was the cause.
But, no.
I got here way too late to and I don’t have that kind of contagious madness
or a treatment for it.
I’ll let this one pass by.
Every man needs a friend named Tex,
Tex, the guy who pulls the blonde through the crowd and says,
“I want you to meet this guy, he’s a great friend of mine.”
Tex solves seven problems, none of which I had two seconds ago.
I’m ready to make an exception for whatever crazy she brought.
It’s ten minutes til close, too late for another drink.
I ask if she would like to get some breakfast.
Fifteen minutes later we’re in my car, but going nowhere.
Time to talk about kids and divorce and babysitters
without the music and smoke and a little cold air to clear the mind.
She is in a car with a man she has known twenty minutes.
The slow hand of reality pulls the parking brake lever to vertical.
She just wants to go home.
I take her phone number and watch her walk to the red car that matches her dress.
A phone number is better than nothing, or maybe more than nothing.
I think of breakfast alone, but there’s no hunger,
just a drive home and an empty bed.
The little red car turns ahead of me.
I sit at the light and watch her walk into the café.
The big windows and bright lights have no mercy
as everyone slides over to let her sit at the booth.
Couldn’t you have stayed crazy for just a little longer?

So why, Lit Mod B, was this posted here? Instead of PF&D?
anyway since I brought it up. Tod, notice the breaks in linearity in the story. Good literary practice and fits the material.

So why, Lit Mod B, was this posted here? Instead of PF&D?
anyway since I brought it up. Tod, notice the breaks in linearity in the story. Good literary practice and fits the material.

I notice a lot of stuff on subconscious level, when you pointed it out I stepped back from internalizing the monlogue and following the break patterns. I must try to do that more often I guess but it tends to make the poetry less when I step back to analyze too much it kills off some of my enjoyment.

I notice a lot of stuff on subconscious level, when you pointed it out I stepped back from internalizing the monlogue and following the break patterns. I must try to do that more often I guess but it tends to make the poetry less when I step back to analyze too much it kills off some of my enjoyment.
now that it is coming to the front, you can put it back, because half of the shit you write will be unconscious, do you think musicians think of every note?
But I wasn't fucking joking when I said 10,000 things.

*Walks in smelling of smoke, Rayban 2000's on, hair in disarray, walks behind the bar, pours a large brandy, loots the tip jar for quarters, heads for the juke*
Back in Black

Yes and no, Health and Safety won't allow a lot of things I did as a child (I've never worn a cyclists helmet in my life and I came some right croppers off my bike!!) But they seem to dress kids as young adults now with no childhood and there's no music for children now. When I was a child we had a programme called Children's Favorites but now it's the same music for all ages.

I can't speak to the UK, but there are a ton of programs here for kids with kid-centric music. I have a 6 yr old so all that's ever on here isDisney, Nickelodeon and PBS, when the TV is actually on, which isn't much.

My issue isn't with the programs or music for kids, it's that they can't go out and play and wander as we did. That's where they learn the best life lessons and society is robbing them of that with all the 'concern' about their health and safety. The theory today seems to be that kids should have adult supervision at all times, be bundled in cotton and 'taught' how to do everything and gently corrected for all their perceived failings. Sound like hell to you? Cause it sure does to me and I can see that it feels that way to all the kids I know, until they become dependent on looking to an 'adult' for every little thing or are labeled 'troubled or troublesome' and then really start doing stupid things. How are they supposed to learn responsibility if they're never entrusted with any. Then their 18th birthday comes and suddenly they're expected to be responsible citizens? It's counterintuitive.

Ok, I'll stop now. I've had my socio-political head on all week and it's taken over my fingers as well now, lol.

I can't speak to the UK, but there are a ton of programs here for kids with kid-centric music. I have a 6 yr old so all that's ever on here isDisney, Nickelodeon and PBS, when the TV is actually on, which isn't much.

My issue isn't with the programs or music for kids, it's that they can't go out and play and wander as we did. That's where they learn the best life lessons and society is robbing them of that with all the 'concern' about their health and safety. The theory today seems to be that kids should have adult supervision at all times, be bundled in cotton and 'taught' how to do everything and gently corrected for all their perceived failings. Sound like hell to you? Cause it sure does to me and I can see that it feels that way to all the kids I know, until they become dependent on looking to an 'adult' for every little thing or are labeled 'troubled or troublesome' and then really start doing stupid things. How are they supposed to learn responsibility if they're never entrusted with any. Then their 18th birthday comes and suddenly they're expected to be responsible citizens? It's counterintuitive.

Ok, I'll stop now. I've had my socio-political head on all week and it's taken over my fingers as well now, lol.

I have been saying this for years, that and now they want to take away winning and losing at a primary school level everyone gets rewarded teaching kids that mediocre is not only acceptable but rewarded and then wonder where things like work ethic and effort dissapear too. Umm reward someone for turning up and you are enforcing the idea that that is good enough

Then their 18th birthday comes and suddenly they're expected to be responsible citizens? .
No they are expected to become more consumerific. So that by the time they (not just their parents, anymore) are 22 they are in debt for the rest of their life.

Back