What made you smile or laugh today? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cosplayer that inspired me to get back into something I love, took inspiration from me today, which I thought was pretty damn cool. And I got the Mercy keychain for my bag handed to me by my brother cause he's cool like that. Yes, I main Mercy with Orissa, 76, Symettra, and dVa as primary alts, so I wanted that keychain.
 
Meeting splendid people on a similar journey to me. Learning stuff and seeing opportunities unfold.
 
GtKb9Uf.png
 
That 38% though, that ain't small.

Yeah, I would've liked a stronger Yes result, but I suspect the result slightly overstates the support for "No". Older people were more likely to respond: 90% of 70-74 yos responding vs. only 72% of 20-24s. (The 18-19s did really well, but that's probably because those are people who enrolled specifically so they can vote in this.)

One good thing about the outcome is that it was very consistent across Australia. Every state and territory voted "yes", and the lowest result was still 58%. Almost 90% of federal electorates voted "yes", which is really important since we're dependent on federal members to legislate on this.

I was worried that the anti- MPs were going to cherry-pick the results and emphasise whichever of national, state, or electorate-level results gave them the best excuse to vote no, but the result doesn't leave much room for that.

Next up, time for what's left of our Parliament to argue about whether hypothetical homophobic bakers and florists need to be protected from the horror of being paid to do their job.
 
A pissing match between a couple of tool boxes, over the internet.

Who takes the time to type out an argument that neither can prove?

lol
 
Last edited:
Listened to Aretha Franklin while I was working out, and dug it :D

I'm going through a lot with my parents and you're pretty much a constant in making me smile. I tend to shut down and not take care of me when I'm caring for others. I know you have me. That makes me smile. :heart:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top