Christian writers and readers meet here!

English Lady

Erotic English Rose
Joined
Sep 28, 2002
Posts
48,011
Well I've been hovering around starting this thread for a day or so but I was having trouble thinking what to call it.

Anyhow,this is a place for anyone with christian beliefs to come and chat. It's a place to discuss the issues that come up from being a porn writer/reader and being a christian, a place to share prayer requests or just a place to hangout with other christian folks and have some good old fashioned fellowship.

And of Course any non-christian folk are more than welcome to come and join in the fun if they so desire. :)
 
Right so I'm going to introduce myself *smiling* I have always been a Christian, I honestly cannot remember any kind of conversion experience just since I remeber I have had Jesus as my best friend.

Accepting God at such a young age makes my faith very childlike. I
find it difficult to argue and philosophise because I never have really you know? For me saying God exsists is just like saying I need air to breathe. It's something I take for granted.

I was brought up in a little baptist church but I've also been to an evangelical church (one ofthe most stale places spiritually i've encountered-how Ironic) and attended the local Salvation Army. On top of that I went to a Catholic sixth form college and so have been on numerous catholic retreats, many around Easter time. So yeah I don't class myself as one denomination or another though I was baptised whilst at the baptist church.

I found out God wasn't so opposed to sex when I met my husband. Well my now husband. We had sex long before we got married which shocked everyonei knew (including myself) but I didn't feel any difference in the way I interacted with my God.

Writing porn doesn't bother me either. sex is a God given gift as is my imagination and my "skill" as a writer. I still feel God working in my life and I have felt him working in this place many times.

Ok so one last pieve of trivia is that my favourite psalm is 139. "Oh Lord you have searched me and you know me." This psalm reassures me and I often need that!

Ok i'll stop waffling now *L* feel free to introduce yourself or not as the case may be! :)
 
Not at all, I think i'd giggle a bit to. In factI often giggle when I say something nice about Lucifer on my say something nice thread *L*
 
mismused said:
=====================

This is one giant leap you are making, EL, but personally, may you do well in it for you certainly seem very sincere.

May those who would deride your efforts find their tongues unable to way at the keyboard.

No, sorry, I don't share your belief, but I do very much admire what you are seeking to do.

mismused :rose:

No need to apologise, I don't mind if people don't share my faith *L* but thank you very much for your sincere wishes.

I think I hesitated so many times in posting this because I knew what could happen BUT I have felt I must start this thread and feel a peace now I have!

thanks again and God bless :rose:
 
hi!

hi, English Lady!

just wanted to say that i am r.c in my background, but i would call myself a little "lapsed" (slight understatement).

so maybe i'll hover near the entrance.

my current b/f is jewish, my prev was god knows what (he called himself a buddhist, but that was just an affectation).

but i think you are admirable in declaring your faith, particularly when so many people consider it unfashionable.

i know it is different in north america, where it is much more a sign of your politics. but in england being a christian usually means that you're just someone who tries to see the best in people.
 
Inkstain -feel free to hover where you like *smiles* feel free to hoover too if you like *L*

This is definitely not about politics for me. It's a way of life and it simply is who I am.

And I have to say I adore Catholic folks. I love the beautiful symbolism you use so much and I adore the wonderful laid back attitude I find in most RC people :)
 
English Lady said:
Inkstain -feel free to hover where you like *smiles* feel free to hoover too if you like *L*

This is definitely not about politics for me. It's a way of life and it simply is who I am.

And I have to say I adore Catholic folks. I love the beautiful symbolism you use so much and I adore the wonderful laid back attitude I find in most RC people :)

thank you. I'm getting the dyson out right now! ;) and yes, i do certainly like to be "laid back" on occasion.

and you are so right about the symbolism -- it never leaves you.
 
Oh you can definitely stay, make sure you get right into the corners with that dyson ;)


One of the things i remember most from doing the catholic easter retreats was the veneration of the cross on good friday. Every year (I went to about 7 I think) I felt very moved at that part of the mass. One year I carried this massive cross made out of acouple of splintery planks. 3 other people were carrying it too and it was still heavy. we walked 100 yards or so with it. It's stuck with me so vividly as I think about how far Jesus had to go with his cross.

Beautiful and poignant. Still brings a tear to my eye now.
 
Kisses to EL and thanks. I would never have had the nerve to start this thread but I'm glad you did.

I think some people seem to assume that erotica, sex and so forth automatically bar you from religious beliefs. Wrong answer.

I've used Catholic characters in my stories although I personally am Baptist. My husband is Catholic (no...we don't try to convert each other...lol..the priests and pastors we've had ask each of us) and somehow the ritual symbolism of some of those rites seemed to fit in my stories....i.e. ...characters crossing themselves, the wearing of relious medals, etc.

I certainly don't attempt to lecture or force my beliefs on anyone but I am always happy to talk about my Christianity.
 
Hey El. I'm a southern baptist. Compared to my orientation and my pro-choice stance, reading and writing Erotica is probably the least of my transgressions ;)
 
Hello Patricia :) Yes it's weird how there seems to be this thought in some baptistfolks that catholics aren't "real" believers. pish say I!

There are religious people in all churches who just do the motions but don't really truly believe right? I think so anyways :)

I would never prech or lecture. I just don't have the gift for it. Some men and women have the gift to just preach to folks and it works but nope not me. I'm like you I won't force my beliefs on anyone but will always happily discuss them with anyone!

Colly *grins* hey there. I think really it's a human thing to say one sin is worse than another. God sees the whole damn lot as equal and Jesus died to cover 'em.

I thank him for that at every oppotunity I tell you.

EL -the sinner!
 
Well done EL. What you are doing here is really important. I have always said that it is important to think about what you believe and the ramifications of this in your life (shit that was clumsy).

Not a Christian or a believer in any faith - but hope you don't mind me popping in from time to time?

Have fun:kiss:
 
Pop in all you like Haldir -you'll always be welcome.

And I got what you meant. It is very important to lays be asking questions about yourself and your beliefs and actions. it's how you keep yourself from going stale and keeps you onyour toes :)
 
Good morning EL. My dad grew up Catholic, in fact my great aunt is a nun. My mom was Methodist and we were raised in that faith. I am Christian and attend church regularly as well as my 8 year old daughter. My brother is a Deacon in his church and his wife's father and brother are ministers. As you can see I am from a very religious family.

How do I reconcile my writing and my membership on Lit? I have looked inside myself and realize I have to answer to no one but God himself. There are so many worse things in life, re: 'man's inhumanity to man.'

I always remember the imortal words of George Carlin, "There are worse things in life than giving someone an orgasm." :)

I know this is simplistic, but forgive me I'm freaking cold (-34 here) and tired. (Just got home from work.)
 
cookie -wow you have a very religious family indeed. My mum and sister are christians, both go to a baptist church right now and my Dad's fiance is catholic and she actually gets my dad to go to church with her!!! amazing.

I don't think it was over simple -I think it's true. We only have toanswer to God and God seems quite happy with me right now :)

Thanks for yourinput and I hope to see you around here again soon :)
 
I don't know what I am!!! lol.

When I was little, well, when I was born my mom truly thought it was a miracle I survived, (I was a rather sick baby) so she started reading the bible and going to church. My life restored her faith.
Once I was older she started taking me with her.
That ended when I was about 3. The reason?
I was mad at her because she yelled at me for something, and I told her to "Go to Hell and live with the Devil." (LOL, sorry, but I still think that's kinda funny, hehe.)

Anyhow, she figured I was too young and obviously pulling the wrong things from church.
When I was a little older than that, she asked if I wanted to go, and I didn't. She didn't force me.

I believe in God. I believe there is a superior being.
I just don't know what faith I'd consider myself, lol.

I have nothing against people who believe, or that are really really into their personal faith.
(However, what gets me are the 'bible beaters' that try and recruit people. That makes me very uncomfortable.)

Anyhow, good thread EL~ this oughta be interesting, lol.
Off to work I go... I'll check back this evening. :)


~K :kiss:
 
See you later EK! I think it's lovely that your birth and life restored your mums faith. cool.

I think she was really sensible not pushing it on you, as that often makes a person grow to resent it.

I'm coming more and more to think that it doesn't matter what you label yourself. If you have faith in God, God will work out the rest.
 
EmeraldKitten said:
I don't know what I am!!! lol.

When I was little, well, when I was born my mom truly thought it was a miracle I survived, (I was a rather sick baby) so she started reading the bible and going to church. My life restored her faith.
Once I was older she started taking me with her.
That ended when I was about 3. The reason?
I was mad at her because she yelled at me for something, and I told her to "Go to Hell and live with the Devil." (LOL, sorry, but I still think that's kinda funny, hehe.)

Anyhow, she figured I was too young and obviously pulling the wrong things from church.
When I was a little older than that, she asked if I wanted to go, and I didn't. She didn't force me.

I believe in God. I believe there is a superior being.
I just don't know what faith I'd consider myself, lol.

I have nothing against people who believe, or that are really really into their personal faith.
(However, what gets me are the 'bible beaters' that try and recruit people. That makes me very uncomfortable.)

Anyhow, good thread EL~ this oughta be interesting, lol.
Off to work I go... I'll check back this evening. :)


~K :kiss:

There are times when I feel very sorry for evangelicals who take that part of their religion very seriously. But, my parent's church is very evangelical, and the majority of members, while they witness, are not pushy about it. The people who are best at it, recognize that life will present opportunities to witness to people who you have become friends with.

The ones that drive me to want to kick them in the shins are those people who "cold call". To me, your witness only has power when the person you are talking to knows you and can see what your faith has done in your own life.
 
cookiejar said:
Good morning EL. My dad grew up Catholic, in fact my great aunt is a nun. My mom was Methodist and we were raised in that faith. I am Christian and attend church regularly as well as my 8 year old daughter. My brother is a Deacon in his church and his wife's father and brother are ministers. As you can see I am from a very religious family.

How do I reconcile my writing and my membership on Lit? I have looked inside myself and realize I have to answer to no one but God himself. There are so many worse things in life, re: 'man's inhumanity to man.'

I always remember the imortal words of George Carlin, "There are worse things in life than giving someone an orgasm." :)

I know this is simplistic, but forgive me I'm freaking cold (-34 here) and tired. (Just got home from work.)

God bless George Carlin :kiss:
Nymphy

Really I think most might remember from my first week or so here , I'm pagan , but I wish you all the comfort in the world in your faith.
I Never mind hugging a christian as long as they're not giving me the finger behind my back.
 
rhinoguy said:
as you might recall, English Lady...I am right with you. I am a Christian. A memeber of a Presbyterian church.

There sure ARE conflicts with this and my beliefs. I DO wrestle with those. God made us sexual...hopefully i can learn to use that sexuallity in a honorable way. BE a good stewrad of those gifts. Perhaps even be a better example of a Christian (than I am now). Perhpas others might catch on that being a Christian does NOT mean that you are sinless....quite the opposite..it means we have acknowledged it....supposed to have confessed it...and supposed to repent from it. ...and BELIEVE that we have already been forgiven for it, because we (as people) are unable to live without sin.

I do remember *smiles* hello there! And I completely agree with you. We sin. We sin alot but we know it's all forgiven. How cool is that? Doesn't mean we can just keep sinning and not think about it, we have to keep on trying to be the best we can be.


Colly. I've never understood the cold calling thing either. I'm very much for witness via people getting to know me and seeing God via that.

When you think about it thats a mindboggling thing. That God can get through to people via me. Sinful little me. Awe inspiring really.
 
Back
Top