does not meet our quality guidelines

Magnetron

Deep Under Groundhog
a competitor of Literotica that shall remain nameless said:
Hi there, Thank you for your submission. I am returning your poem to you as it does not meet our quality guidelines. I have noticed that you have submitted a lot of poems today, maybe this is a back catalogue. I would recommend taking your time and adding quality to one piece. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you

One of the submissions rejected:

http://www.literotica.com/p/girls-got-game

Last edited:
Here's the real kick in the ass.

They told me to post the poem in the poetry section of their for everyone to enjoy.

So ....... I did.

Along with another poem likewise rejected for not being [air quotes]quality[/air quotes].

Thread was locked.

Then the thread was deleted.

Lit Poetry is the give us your tired and your poor site.

:rolleyes:

Apparently the thread was creating unnecessary drama because I quoted their rejection notices.

They must have not gotten the memo that all drama by Magnetron is necessary and vital to forums where crickets are chirping and tumbleweeds roll by.

The other unamed forum makes the PF&D here look like Grand Central Station.

DWM syndrome
I liked it, it does what it is supposed to do, perhaps it is missing a mollusk and vague reference to god. Although it is tough to get them on the court.

But this, this is really cool, can I use it?

Hi there, Thank you for your submission. I am returning your poem to you as it does not meet our quality guidelines. I have noticed that you have submitted a lot of poems today, maybe this is a back catalogue. I would recommend taking your time and adding quality to one piece. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you

Hi there, <classic informal greeting, let me practice this

Hi, there...

Thank you for your submission. < standard english for fuck off

I am returning your poem...with a set of instructions on how to insert it in your ass

blah, blah, blah

I have noticed that you have submitted a lot of poems today...have you consulted a medical professional recently, this is a may be symptom of logorrhea, do you have excess verbiage in the house?

I would recommend taking your time and adding quality to one piece...I know you are thinking this is me, quality is a foreign word to me, I would have phrased it differently...
Can you edit some of these motherfuckers down, one of my eyeballs done burnt, and I seen better graffiti on walls, sprayed with lots of class. Now how in the fuck can you text this much while holding a crack pipe in your hand?

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you < this I would keep as most people probably think "queries" are some sort of breakfast cereal, and while they're wondering why you are asking for their breakfast in the middle of the day, you gone.

:rolleyes:

Apparently the thread was creating unnecessary drama because I quoted their rejection notices.

They must have not gotten the memo that all drama by Magnetron is necessary and vital to forums where crickets are chirping and tumbleweeds roll by.

The other unamed forum makes the PF&D here look like Grand Central Station.

Most forums which are closely moderated have a prohibition against discussing moderator actions on the open forum. It's a general "No Whining" policy.

Most forums which are closely moderated have a prohibition against discussing moderator actions on the open forum. It's a general "No Whining" policy.

I was just hoping someone would pop up from a prairie dog hole and point out what was lacking in the poem.

I ended up telling a Super Duper Moderator that I had no intention of creating alternative versions of poems I have published here and that are posted online in numerous other places - be too confusing keeping track of what versions are where.

DWM syndrome
I liked it, it does what it is supposed to do, perhaps it is missing a mollusk and vague reference to god. Although it is tough to get them on the court.

But this, this is really cool, can I use it?

Hi there, <classic informal greeting, let me practice this

Hi, there...

Thank you for your submission. < standard english for fuck off

I am returning your poem...with a set of instructions on how to insert it in your ass

blah, blah, blah

I have noticed that you have submitted a lot of poems today...have you consulted a medical professional recently, this is a may be symptom of logorrhea, do you have excess verbiage in the house?

I would recommend taking your time and adding quality to one piece...I know you are thinking this is me, quality is a foreign word to me, I would have phrased it differently...
Can you edit some of these motherfuckers down, one of my eyeballs done burnt, and I seen better graffiti on walls, sprayed with lots of class. Now how in the fuck can you text this much while holding a crack pipe in your hand?

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you < this I would keep as most people probably think "queries" are some sort of breakfast cereal, and while they're wondering why you are asking for their breakfast in the middle of the day, you gone.

The other place people called me a Newbie for submitting too many items at once. They only post one submission from each user per day. So they have all these 'time stamped' submissions piling up that look scary and make them so nervous they forget they only have to read one from each user per day.

I was just hoping someone would pop up from a prairie dog hole and point out what was lacking in the poem.

I ended up telling a Super Duper Moderator that I had no intention of creating alternative versions of poems I have published here and that are posted online in numerous other places - be too confusing keeping track of what versions are where.

I can't help you there. All the words are spelled correctly and it has all the poemy landmarks. Maybe the mod was always picked last for basketball and your poem brought up painful memories.

This competitor has is set up so that surfers have access to previews of the latest submissions as these appear on the homepage.

Everything fresh gets a nice blast of reads, approximately 100 - 200 views in 24 hours for a new poem.

That's about the only updside I've come across.

Only erotic and love poems are accepted.

As mentioned, the guidelines for erotic poems are stricter ( I've had 4 rejections so far that were accepted here at Lit ).

There are obnoxious animated banner advertisements everywhere.

And the Poetry forum is a dead zone.

My third acceptable submission received almost 300 reads in the first day.

Only two comments.

the reads to comments ratio sounds similar. the voting here is sometimes skewed. My brother holds the record.
No views, 1 Comment and 32 zeros in a minute, he so good they shut the voting down for a day. He was lucky he caught it, watched it happen. We laughed our asses off, even though it cost me a bet.
Negative capability.

This competitor has is set up so that surfers have access to previews of the latest submissions as these appear on the homepage.

Everything fresh gets a nice blast of reads, approximately 100 - 200 views in 24 hours for a new poem.

That's about the only updside I've come across.

Only erotic and love poems are accepted.

As mentioned, the guidelines for erotic poems are stricter ( I've had 4 rejections so far that were accepted here at Lit ).

There are obnoxious animated banner advertisements everywhere.

And the Poetry forum is a dead zone.

One has to work at it to get at a poetry submission rejected. An out and out plagiarism will do it. Submitting prose in the poetry forum is not a guaranteed rejection. I think the length maybe the fulcrum. Go too long and it will be sent back with the comment, "Nice try, asshole."

I wrote a post this morning but apparently took too long to write it. So I will try again but this time with lessened learned - don't ramble.

It sounds as if the site you were posting to is only looking for specific types of poetry and is unable to appreciate something with a deeper meaning, or not an obvious tell.
You don't need that kind of site, I don't think. You shouldn't compromise your creation just to satisfy them.

That being said, I liked your poem. I'm newly back to poetry so my views may be way off but I'll share them and you can do with them what you will. And again, they are suggestions only and only you should be the one who defines if a change is needed.
I enjoyed it and thought your poem was bold and had sass. (That IS one thing I know about.). My only suggestion lies in the first 4 lines. Beginning the poem it has a sense of rhyme and rhythm. The rest seems to flow with attitude and emotion. I might suggest rewording the 4th line? Same meaning just without the rhyme? I felt like the first 4 lines sort of distracted and didn't have the same intensity as the rest, where once I got past those I was able to sink into it and experience the attitude.

I liked it and will go read some of your others.

I wrote a post this morning but apparently took too long to write it. So I will try again but this time with lessened learned - don't ramble.

It sounds as if the site you were posting to is only looking for specific types of poetry and is unable to appreciate something with a deeper meaning, or not an obvious tell.
You don't need that kind of site, I don't think. You shouldn't compromise your creation just to satisfy them.

That being said, I liked your poem. I'm newly back to poetry so my views may be way off but I'll share them and you can do with them what you will. And again, they are suggestions only and only you should be the one who defines if a change is needed.
I enjoyed it and thought your poem was bold and had sass. (That IS one thing I know about.). My only suggestion lies in the first 4 lines. Beginning the poem it has a sense of rhyme and rhythm. The rest seems to flow with attitude and emotion. I might suggest rewording the 4th line? Same meaning just without the rhyme? I felt like the first 4 lines sort of distracted and didn't have the same intensity as the rest, where once I got past those I was able to sink into it and experience the attitude.

My hope was that the first four lines set the reader up to expect more rhymes, then get thrown off balance by the omission of the implied word "cock".

Kind of like faking someone out in basketball, going left instead of right.

It was a risk.

I liked it and will go read some of your others.

Turn back now and run while you can.

My hope was that the first four lines set the reader up to expect more rhymes, then get thrown off balance by the omission of the implied word "cock".

Kind of like faking someone out in basketball, going left instead of right.

It was a risk.

Turn back now and run while you can.

Ahhh, then you did as you set out to do. ;)
I like that it is full of innuendos and not blatantly obvious.

Do we care what "other sites" do, think, accept or reject? This is Lit, post here and to hell with this other, more discerning site.

Back