Story Rejection - Politics - just a heads up, not a bitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that approach and I pretty much agree personally. That said, Literotica has provided guidance, and it is guidance I shall abide by. As for denials - nope, I do include snide political asides here and there, and that Hayley story was one where I did. It got rejected for what Literotica considered a valid reason. Given the guidelines provided, that's a valid rejection and I will be editing and resubmitting in line with those guidelines. It's Laurel's site, she sets the rules, and I can see her point of view and why here, and I respect that.
I mean... whatever luv.

You denied publishing overtly political content and you dooo sooo.

I'm not your target audience, and you're not mine. I think you're catering to people who feel liberalism is a threat, and they see themselves as super intelligent patriots, party to the privileged truth of their own superiority.

Some of those people are dangerous crazies that would happily shoot rag head children in the face. The fact that you value their opinions enough to court them on the politics forum is... Well. Enough to put me off discussing this any further with you.

Your logic circuitry is broken.

Have a pleasant Friday.

It's Literotica though, not Politerotica.

You might find politics erotic, but I suspect most people don't. And I say that as an Australian, where we have a large and spicy history of sexual shenanigans between politicians, secretaries and biographers, going back decades.

Recent events have been less enlightening, sadly.

Very true. And in mine, the politics are nothing to do with the erotic content. It's more characterization - someone like Hayley is at hear a small town redneck with all the prejudices and biases that come with being a real person. She just happens to be conservative and reflect her upbringing and some of the asides come from that. It's more establishing her character, which is, yes, prejudiced and rather violent. LOL. Taking the politics out subtracts a little from her character, and redirecting the violence while retaining it and coming up with a suitably neutral outlet has its own challenges, because Hayley IS remarkably violent and rather cold-blooded about it - but that is part of the story line for Hayley and where that plot was evolving. Read the last chapter, the scene in the restaurant, and the bigger picture begins to emerge. The whole story actually needs a complete rewrite - it was the first one I wrote on Literotica and it really needs a thorough replotting and rewriting - I had no idea where I was going when I wrote all that and it was only really with the last chapter that my thoughts started to come together on Hayley, who she really was, and where she was going as a story.

I'm so sorry I missed that recent thread, oh lurker in the shadows. If it was about my stories, I would have loved to have jumped in. LOL.

As for Hayley, I think it's because Hayley was openly current politics (more or less - 2016 - which is a little dated), while the Unity Mitford stories are positioned much more as sci-fi / future alternate history and stay away from current politics completely, altho obviously there's some extrapolation at work to get there.

Well, there was the bit where you plugged a current-day white supremacist musician, and the bit where you plugged a defunct-but-still-influential neo-Nazi band, and the bit where you wrote about assassinating the Ocasio-Cortez stand-in, and the bit where you featured Mitt Romney and his son Tagg (beg pardon, "Tim Yenmor" and "Tagg Yenmor") as villains - the latter as a murdering child-rapist who gets burned to death - and the bit where your patriotic heroes use "McCain" as their slang for "traitor", and the bit where the major enemies are very obviously the Democratic Party, and the bits about "stolen elections" and recruiting illegal immigrants to vote, and the jerking off about shooting journalists for CNN and Fox stand-ins.

Not sure "extrapolation" really quite covers all that.

But apart from that, no, no current politics.

Well, there was the bit where you plugged a current-day white supremacist musician, and the bit where you plugged a defunct-but-still-influential neo-Nazi band, and the bit where you wrote about assassinating the Ocasio-Cortez stand-in, and the bit where you featured Mitt Romney and his son Tagg (beg pardon, "Tim Yenmor" and "Tagg Yenmor") as villains - the latter as a murdering child-rapist who gets burned to death - and the bit where your patriotic heroes use "McCain" as their slang for "traitor", and the bit where the major enemies are very obviously the Democratic Party, and the bits about "stolen elections" and recruiting illegal immigrants to vote, and the jerking off about shooting journalists for CNN and Fox stand-ins.

Not sure "extrapolation" really quite covers all that.

But apart from that, no, no current politics.

Oh yeah, but it all hangs together as that alt future history. But if you want to keep discussing that one, lets take it to the Politics Board. I'll open a thread there - i'm busy moving this weekend so maybe we can pick up next week?

I mean... whatever luv.

You denied publishing overtly political content and you dooo sooo.

Some of those people are dangerous crazies that would happily shoot rag head children in the face. The fact that you value their opinions enough to court them on the politics forum is... Well. Enough to put me off discussing this any further with you.
I mean...whatever "luv".

You denied publishing a rape story, which flies in the face of the website's ToS, and you totally did sooooo.

On second thought, you didn't actually deny doing it. You merely advised that it would be best for those in objection to "stick to Twilight".

Careful not to hurt yourself throwing all those heavy stones at those panes of glass.

I mean...whatever "luv".

You denied publishing a rape story, which flies in the face of the website's ToS, and you totally did sooooo.

On second thought, you didn't actually deny doing it. You merely advised that it would be best for those in objection to "stick to Twilight".

Careful not to hurt yourself throwing all those heavy stones at those panes of glass.
No I never denied that luv. And you shouldn't torture yourself reading stuff tagged non consent if you don't enjoy reading non consent. That's clearly tagged non consent. Go fellate a nazi.

[No personal attacks or trolling - including creating accounts for this specific purpose. Heated discussions are fine, even welcome. However, personally attacking / kink-shaming a fellow author or reader is not allowed within the Author's Hangout. Threads which devolve into the exchanging of insults will be closed and repeat offenders will be given a timeout, per the AH rules.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you get bonus points for defending your work. I love to see authors demonstrating pride in their work.

That'll take you up from 9 points to 11.

Nosebleed territory. Welcome to the double-digit club, champ. :ROFLMAO:
How many threads are you going to hijack promoting your unsolicited "critiques"?

Anyhow, we probably shouldn't keep discussing those here - the AH isn't really for politics as we all know
Why not impart this nugget of wisdom to the person who started this AH thread? It sounds like something the OP should know. Oh, wait…

if you want to talk about them more, open a thread on the Politics Board about it, let me know, and I'll be happy to jump across and join in the debate. And no need to tapdance around things on the Politics Board. LOL.
Thanks but no thanks. My desire to ever post in the Politics Board is zero. My desire to debate you is less than that. I've said all I'm going to on this thread. Goodbye and get everything you deserve.

Thanks but no thanks. My desire to ever post in the Politics Board is zero.

You big tease! Flirting and not following through :( - the Politics Board is fun, and there's some "fascinating" people there. Anyhow, no worries, and thankyou for contributing to a lively and interesting discussion.

the Politics Board is fun,

For people who enjoy car crashes, perhaps.

Plenty of spectacle, mayhem, and noise. But trying to have a meaningful conversation there is a bit like trying to have conversations with people being hauled away in ambulances, who are convinced you're the one who caused the crash.

It's Literotica though, not Politerotica. You might find politics erotic, but I suspect most people don't.
I can see both sides of the politics question, as I said before. But "most people don't find it erotic" is a very dubious content standard to endorse. If you take any given story on Lit, there's a very good chance that "most" people would not find it erotic - too graphic, not graphic enough, a bit tentacle-ly for my taste, etc. etc.

Anyone who was going to read this thread, and get this far, has. There's no real discussion happening, and more importantly there's no real discussion to be had.

There's a saying in Germany, slightly paraphrased, that goes "If there's a Nazi at the table and 10 other people sitting there talking to her, you have 11 Nazis at the table."

Go and live your lives, people, but do so with your eyes open.

Politics, politics, you say.

I'm right of Snoopy but left of Charlie. That's my politics.

And that's where Politics belong, in the funny papers, not the writer's forum.

There's a saying in Germany, slightly paraphrased, that goes "If there's a Nazi at the table and 10 other people sitting there talking to her, you have 11 Nazis at the table."

I applaud you for stating your position clearly and unequivocally, but I cannot stress enough how completely I disagree with this view. This attitude, to me, represents in perfect form the problem with political discussion today. The obvious problem with thinking this way is that soon everyone one disagrees with becomes a Nazi. Then nobody can sit at the table with anybody except those who simply say, "yes yes." The only options become virtue signaling and cancellation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back