Story rejected for being neither A nor I

Djmac1031

Consumate BS Artist
So my latest story was rejected with the following note:

"Dear so-called Writer,

Thank you for your submission to Literotica. We appreciate the time and effort you've taken to write a story and submit it to our site . However, we've found that we cannot post your submission in its current form. The checklist below may help you in re-examining your manuscript.

Are you, perhaps, uneducated? Or merely just a fucking idiot? We normally do not allow stories written or edited by AI programs on the site, but for yours we'd make an exception, because anything would be better than this tripe. Frankly as it stands right now, your story makes "See Spot Run" read like "War And Peace."

Please, for the love of God, find a fucking editor. Better yet, just delete this story altogether and go back to eating paste.

On the off chance you can read and breathe at the same time, please consult our Writer's Resources section and make sure you read our submission guidelines.

If you have any questions on these, please do us a favor and ask someone, anyone but us.

Thanks for your time, and look forward to never hearing from you again!"

So I'm not sure how I should take this, or what my next step should be.

Thoughts?

... go back to eating paste.

Thoughts?
I mean, I could come comfort you, if you need a shoulder. Depending on what kind of paste you've got, that is. 🤭

---The little voice in the back of my head is screaming, "God, I hope this is a joke. It has to be a joke... "

"Dear so-called Writer,

Thank you for your submission to Literotica. We appreciate the time and effort you've taken to write a story and submit it to our site . However, we've found that we cannot post your submission in its current form. The checklist below may help you in re-examining your manuscript.

Are you, perhaps, uneducated? Or merely just a fucking idiot? We normally do not allow stories written or edited by AI programs on the site, but for yours we'd make an exception, because anything would be better than this tripe. Frankly as it stands right now, your story makes "See Spot Run" read like "War And Peace."

Please, for the love of God, find a fucking editor. Better yet, just delete this story altogether and go back to eating paste.

On the off chance you can read and breathe at the same time, please consult our Writer's Resources section and make sure you read our submission guidelines.

If you have any questions on these, please do us a favor and ask someone, anyone but us.

Thoughts?
https://forum.literotica.com/threads/story-sent-back-due-to-lack-of-kink-can-anyone-help.1599505/

I've long felt Lit should impose stricter quality controls. The good stories are being drowned out by the sloppy ones.

Dear so-called Writer,
zoolander.jpg

I've long felt Lit should impose stricter quality controls. The good stories are being drowned out by the sloppy ones.
I don't know how the admins would judge quality. That's probably why they have the rating system. It serves as a filter itself. I started writing because I thought I could do better and it allowed me to control the plot the way I wanted.

Got the same response a few days ago for the 5th part of my story, where the other 4 were fine. I was insulted.

"Dear so-called Writer,

Thoughts?
This theme was somewhat funny in another, similar vein by a friend of yours. Careful ... someone will take this at face value and believe you are serious, spark a long-running thread, and create all kinds of hurtful results.

Maybe add a ;) or a 🤥 emoji to help such readers out.

Just saying ...

This theme was somewhat funny in another, similar vein by a friend of yours. Careful ... someone will take this at face value and believe you are serious, spark a long-running thread, and create all kinds of hurtful results.

Just saying ...

If anything, I was making fun of only myself.

Humor is subjective, of course. But I don't feel I needed to wink wink at everyone to make it clear it was a joke.

If anything, I was making fun of only myself.

Humor is subjective, of course. But I don't feel I needed to wink wink at everyone to make it clear it was a joke.
I got your point ... when I read it right away. Having gone through some other threads ... well, some readers take things so literally that you want to hug them, give them a shoulder to cry on, and perhaps a light slap to the back of the head to get them to see it was humor even self-deprecating as it was meant to be.

You're bright; some here are not that lucky. ;)

I suppose I can add a little context to this. Because yes, it's just a joke.

I did get a rejection notice yesterday almost immediately after submitting a 750 word story for the challenge. It was rejected on suspicion of being written by AI. Which I found odd, considering I don't even use those programs to edit.

Anyway, I didn't get mad about it, just resubmitted it with a note asking them to please reexamine it.

I later joked to a friend I should start yet another "complaint about AI rejection" thread because of it. From there I thought it would be even funnier if I got a rejection notice, not because of suspected AI, but because my submission was so terrible they just flatly refused it.

And the original post was born.

Wasn't meant as any kind of dig at the site, the moderators or Admins. Just me being silly and poking a little fun at myself. 😀

Just saying ...
Nah, he's good. No mention of Rey being a Mary Sue... 🤣

Okay, that is a biiit harsh and I'm curious what it was to know if I should agree or not. Still, if I received that I'd probably have a terrible mood, especially if I put real effort into the stuff.

Okay, that is a biiit harsh and I'm curious what it was to know if I should agree or not. Still, if I received that I'd probably have a terrible mood, especially if I put real effort into the stuff.

You know that movie about the video tape that, if you watched it, you died a week later?

Yeah, my story is kinda like that. Except you don't die after reading.

You just lose brain cells.

I suppose I can add a little context to this. Because yes, it's just a joke.

I did get a rejection notice yesterday almost immediately after submitting a 750 word story for the challenge. It was rejected on suspicion of being written by AI. Which I found odd, considering I don't even use those programs to edit.

Anyway, I didn't get mad about it, just resubmitted it with a note asking them to please reexamine it.

I later joked to a friend I should start yet another "complaint about AI rejection" thread because of it. From there I thought it would be even funnier if I got a rejection notice, not because of suspected AI, but because my submission was so terrible they just flatly refused it.

And the original post was born.

Wasn't meant as any kind of dig at the site, the moderators or Admins. Just me being silly and poking a little fun at myself. 😀
Did your friend lead you astray, hun?

Emily

The irony is that I haven't submitted anything since the AI Wars started and have been blindly arguing for the current rejection process as a reasonable stop gap.

Not sure I could muster the necessary level of hypocrisy to switch sides if/when I finally submit something and end up on the receiving end.

(On the other hand, I do have a surplus of narcissistic justification around here somewhere that would likely do in a pinch.)

The irony is that I haven't submitted anything since the AI Wars started and have been blindly arguing for the current rejection process as a reasonable stop gap.

Not sure I could muster the necessary level of hypocrisy to switch sides if/when I finally submit something and end up on the receiving end.

(On the other hand, I do have a surplus of narcissistic justification around here somewhere that would likely do in a pinch.)

I think my experience, if anything, simply reinforces what the general consensus has been; that the site is using an AI program to spot AI stories, and the system is, well... flawed.

But I didn't start this thread with the intent of creating yet another AI debate. Just had a funny idea and ran with it.

Back