"AI" Rejection

You appear to have had this account for some time, but you've only made two posts, both on this page. I don't know what new site you're talking about and don't care about it. But must assume, since the screen cap is from an author's control panel, you're kink-shaming your own readers at this site.
Huh?

Oh that last sentence. Ok I get it😅

@TopReviewer I have a sense of humor. It didn't seem like a joke. There was no cue for us to interpret you were joking. Also, when you answer a post, it's helpful if you hit the reply so everyone, even the person you're answering, gets that you're answering them. I don't always read every update in a thread. But if it says so and so responds to my comment, I always check it out. It isn't a criticism, just an observation. If I came back to this thread a few days later, I'd miss your response to my response. You can also direct a comment to a person by using the @ and their handle.
Yeah, kink-shaming. lol. Or you could just get a sense of humor.
Please don't take offense as none was intended.

I do have some doubts that the author with 4k followers and 5 million views, so, presumably a long history here, suddenly couldn't get anything posted, and deleted his account before coming here with a brand new one to complain about it. Anyone disappear from the most favorited authors list recently?

But yes, if it happened, it would be very irritating and his response would be understandable.
That's my point, it's giving up very quickly, and not making their case. If it happens to me (will it? I don't know) I'd fight it a bit harder than saying, "Oh, that's a bit too hard, I'll go now without making a fuss."

He also posted a screenshot from an existing account he has access to. However, doing a Google search I found both stories, and they have been removed. But I didn't find the pen name of the account.
That's my point, it's giving up very quickly, and not making their case. If it happens to me (will it? I don't know) I'd fight it a bit harder than saying, "Oh, that's a bit too hard, I'll go now without making a fuss."

He also posted a screenshot from an existing account he has access to. However, doing a Google search I found both stories, and they have been removed. But I didn't find the pen name of the account.
He explained that he deleted his account, and that was the account. I admit I doubted the story at first, but I see no reason to continue doubting with the new information he provided.

I don't doubt the story; I just don't understand caving so quickly and making no an attempt to fix his stories.
He explained that he deleted his account, and that was the account. I admit I doubted the story at first, but I see no reason to continue doubting with the new information he provided.

Last edited:
Concerning the image: I screenshot my stories on my home page before deleting it, so I could reference the descriptions when I reposted on the other site. Easier than writing them down somewhere. Half a dozen authors have already pm'd me, inquiring about the other site, as they're considering moving. Why would someone go through the hassle to post a free story to a site that's making money off your free story? I understand the authors that sell on other sites need the visibility. What is the pull to stay if you don't - is it some kind of fetish where you get off on views or followers?

Concerning the image: I screenshot my stories on my home page before deleting it, so I could reference the descriptions when I reposted on the other site. Easier than writing them down somewhere. Half a dozen authors have already pm'd me, inquiring about the other site, as they're considering moving. Why would someone go through the hassle to post a free story to a site that's making money off your free story? I understand the authors that sell on other sites need the visibility. What is the pull to stay if you don't - is it some kind of fetish where you get off on views or followers?
Yes😂

I'm a writer who does publish on paysites.
I haven't had the hurdle yet, and I hope I don't.
There's nothing to fix. The hurdle is convincing her it's not AI, not fixing a problem.

Views and followers = eyeballs. So, yeah, when you're not getting paid, that's what it's all about — being read.

I can sort of understand the desire to send a message ( futile as it may be ) by taking your ball and going elsewhere, but it's shortsighted in my opinion. Even if you know for an absolute fact that you're never going to post something here again, leaving things up is undoubtedly going to generate people who are willing to take the time to hunt and find you wherever you've gone. That's the reason I left everything up in the other place when it went to shit. I honestly never expected them to get their act together ( and to some extent, they still haven't ) but I knew it would be a traffic stream if left everything up, and it was.

That's the reason I left everything up in the other place when it went to shit. I honestly never expected them to get their act together ( and to some extent, they still haven't ) but I knew it would be a traffic stream if left everything up, and it was.
It was risky to delete them and then repost them elsewhere. Anyone could have made an account somewhere and posted my stories as their own, not that it'd bother me a whole lot, just irritating. On my new site, there's an 'Alwayswantedto' account with all of his stories posted, as if they're new stories. I guess there's no way to prove he's plagiarizing or stealing from the dead. Happens here too. Someone posted one of my stories, word for word, of which many of my followers flagged it, but nothing happened. After it appeared the flagging wouldn't work, I tried several of the links on the site to notify someone in charge and finally got lucky in the forums when someone provided the correct way to communicate. The story and account were removed shortly after, so kudos to her for that.

I did a search for stories by former Lit author Alwayswantedto and found stories of his/hers at two sites: one is the oft-discussed SOL, and the other appears to be a sister site of theirs.
It was risky to delete them and then repost them elsewhere. Anyone could have made an account somewhere and posted my stories as their own, not that it'd bother me a whole lot, just irritating. On my new site, there's an 'Alwayswantedto' account with all of his stories posted, as if they're new stories. I guess there's no way to prove he's plagiarizing or stealing from the dead. Happens here too. Someone posted one of my stories, word for word, of which many of my followers flagged it, but nothing happened. After it appeared the flagging wouldn't work, I tried several of the links on the site to notify someone in charge and finally got lucky in the forums when someone provided the correct way to communicate. The story and account were removed shortly after, so kudos to her for that.

And if somebody now starts copying your stuff and posting it here, there's no irrefutable proof available right here. The account being deleted means there's no way to contact you either. One of the easiest ways to prove you're who you say you are is to have the other site contact you through your profile here where the stories are posted.

Hell, with some good luck ( or bad luck for you ) all your work could be available on archive sites somewhere. Someone could copy it all, post it before you do, and have a reasonable claim that you're the one plagiarizing your own work.

You've got to do you, ( and it's too late anyway ) but it's a likely futile gesture that has a whole helluva lot of drawbacks.

In my opinion, the only good reasons to pull your work are because it's required in order to enter an agreement that's going to provide you financial benefit, because you're avoiding a stalker/legal liability, or don't want it lying around and easily accessible once you kick the bucket.

Due to the aforementioned archive sites, the latter two are almost moot. A little dumb luck and it's right there for anyone to find anyway. The more popular you are, the better the chance every last word of yours has been crawled and archived, or copied to a personal archive by someone else. You can make it more difficult, but all it takes is a situation like with almostwantedto, and there you go.

That's assuming the contact-page in the Lit profile isn't broken for weeks/months again.
Then you can leave a comment on your own story and point them to it, or direct them to to a post on the forum, etc. No matter what, the easiest way to prove you're the person who wrote the work you've already posted is to respond to the questioning party from the profile already associated with those stories.

Once you pull them down, you've lost that timestamp on the stories and the ability to communicate with people from a profile associated with them.

Like I said, I understand the feeling, and I don't begrudge anyone who thinks that's the statement they need to make. I'm just providing some context of the pitfalls that can come along with it for anyone else considering it.

You may have lost your provable first posting for the copyright claim as well unless you paid the government for copyright protection in court.
Then you can leave a comment on your own story and point them to it, or direct them to to a post on the forum, etc. No matter what, the easiest way to prove you're the person who wrote the work you've already posted is to respond to the questioning party from the profile already associated with those stories.

Once you pull them down, you've lost that timestamp on the stories and the ability to communicate with people from a profile associated with them.

Like I said, I understand the feeling, and I don't begrudge anyone who thinks that's the statement they need to make. I'm just providing some context of the pitfalls that can come along with it for anyone else considering it.

Here's the deal, though. It's not a writer's job to ensure people aren't stealing their stories.

The easiest way SHOULD be to simply click the report button underneath a copied story and report it as a stolen story. Then it's Lit that SHOULD get off their asses and verify that THEY aren't distributing stolen material on THEIR site.

I kinda feel like it says a lot about Lit itself if authors have to maintain accounts here, to make sure Lit isn't making profit off their stolen stories...

Mary has an issue here (one that she needs to address). Her pen name is Mary Not Wollstonecraft, but her account is theWollstonecraftWoman. They shouldn't be different, they should be the same. Lest someone here believes, she reposting stories here that she didn't write.
Here's the deal, though. It's not a writer's job to ensure people aren't stealing their stories.

The easiest way SHOULD be to simply click the report button underneath a copied story and report it as a stolen story. Then it's Lit that SHOULD get off their asses and verify that THEY aren't distributing stolen material on THEIR site.

I kinda feel like it says a lot about Lit itself if authors have to maintain accounts here, to make sure Lit isn't making profit off their stolen stories...

Unless you follow the notice and takedown procedure in the DMCA there's no reason why Lit should spend commercial time and effort arbitrating between authors with unregistered copyright.

Did you perhaps notice how little I even mentioned that aspect? What I'm talking about is proving your ownership to other places through most of my responses. Having the stories still available, timestamped to when they were released, and associated with an account that can respond to questioners is the easiest way to do that in a way that most people will take as credible.

Yes, it's a damn sight easier to prove someone else is ripping you off when the dildoheads do it on the same bloody site where they're already posted, but I mentioned it once. Doesn't stop it, either. I had someone rip off one of my most popular stories on another site where some of the moderators do plagiarism checks on everything.

( Which I know because I was questioned the first time I posted one of my stories from my other two pen names there. It's also why I have experience with dealing with those type of questions, because I had to answer them, and I used my stories and the account associated with them here to do it )

It still went up despite having a high ranking on the same site. Word for word. That's on a site without about 20 story moderators. Shit slips though.

Now let's pretend that someone takes all your stuff and posts it on some random fuckstories site. It's been up for months and you have no idea because it's some little low-traffic site. Then you take your stuff down here for whatever reason and start posting somewhere else. Some fan points out that your stuff has been stolen on this random fuckstories site. You report it.

One little problem. Their posting date is older than yours, because you've removed the stories here with all the original posting dates.

Now, who are they going to believe is the thief? What happens when they do a Uno reverse and report all your legitimate work while pointing to the stolen work with an older date?

Removing your stuff opens a can of worms. The pros/cons equation simply doesn't balance as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Back