Literotica must do better!

They may solicit stories, but they are under no onus to publish any they choose not to. As for the reasons given to Bn2f, they were clear–even if we don't agree with them. The issue here (for me) would be the one winterfare's brought up: Bn2f's was rejected where another in a similar vein was put through. Discrepancies like these are worth addressing.

I've had my own criticisms of Lit, and at one stage took a wander around the web looking for something more suited to my frame of mind at the time. I never quite found anything like Lit, and so here I am. Any of us are free to leave if we're not happy with the place and what it has to offer; anyone's free to address issues they see as "problems". If you really want to get anything actually DONE about the problems, you need to speak to those who make the rules, aka the site owners. Having gone through the motions, if things get changed for the better then you'll be a happy bunny. If they don't, then there are a gazillion other sites to
You are like people who say "America, love it or leave it." No, that's NOT how it works. I will not leave and I will continue to point out the hypocrisy of the people who run this site. If you don't like that, you are free to leave...As for speaking to Laurel, she should come here and talk to the writers from whom she earns her bread and butter. She owes us, we don't owe her. So come on Laurel, join the thread and state your case...

You are like people who say "America, love it or leave it." No, that's NOT how it works. I will not leave nad I will continue to point out the hypocrisy of the people who run this site. If you don't like that, you are free to leave...As for speaking to Laurel, she should come here and talk to the writers from whom she earns her bread and butter. She owes us, we don't owe her. So come on Laurel, join the thread and state your case...
hardly :) this site isn't a democracy but a privately owned venture.

point away, but in this fashion nothing gets addressed by the powers that be, does it? If you want it rectified, speak to those controlling the publishing side of things. Bitching about it here may be soothing for you but ultimately pointless.

she owes you? perhaps ask for a refund?

hardly :) this site isn't a democracy but a privately owned venture.

point away, but in this fashion nothing gets addressed by the powers that be, does it? If you want it rectified, speak to those controlling the publishing side of things. Bitching about it here may be soothing for you but ultimately pointless.

she owes you? perhaps ask for a refund?
Yes Laurel owes her living the past 25 years to the writers. So, I have no interest in PMing her. None. Zero. Are we clear on that? Good...End of discussion. OK?

They may solicit stories, but they are under no onus to publish any they choose not to. As for the reasons given to Bn2f, they were clear–even if we don't agree with them. The issue here (for me) would be the one winterfare's brought up: Bn2f's was rejected where another in a similar vein was put through. Discrepancies like these are worth addressing.

I've had my own criticisms of Lit, and at one stage took a wander around the web looking for something more suited to my frame of mind at the time. I never quite found anything like Lit, and so here I am. Any of us are free to leave if we're not happy with the place and what it has to offer; anyone's free to address issues they see as "problems". If you really want to get anything actually DONE about the problems, you need to speak to those who make the rules, aka the site owners. Having gone through the motions, if things get changed for the better then you'll be a happy bunny. If they don't, then there are a gazillion other sites to use instead.
You hit on my main issue over the years, and that's inconsistency. There are countless rape and underage stories on here. But then someone comes to the AH complaining their story was rejected. Then they're told by the site toadies about these "rules" often the person brings up how there's so many stories worse than theirs, they are then told with utmost class by suck ups if they don't like it leave.

The idea Lit was started by Laurel to just read stories and its not a business is BS, they make money, once you make money you are a business and running it like a High school clique is not professional and the rules are a CYA joke to begin with, but the half ass enforcement is sickening. The excuse she's one persona and there's a ton of stories...well they make enough to have a staff. If Lush stories can have a staff Lit can.

End of the day Lit is an example of bad behavior rewarded, and of course we choose to leave or stay. Since I rarely post a new story here, and mostly write for sale, I don't get into their BS as much, but what I've always found worse is the bootlicks who refuse to admit the site is run like a joke and that the rules aren't real no matter how much evidence you show them. You saying the OP has a legit gripe would send them frothing over in the AH...the audacity.

is what it is, but there is a petty part of me that wishes Lit would get some real competition so they'd have to take things seriously and make more of an effort to be professional

The idea that "you should PM Laurel" is the most inefficient way to get anything done that could possibly be imagined. A waste of the writers' time and of hers to read and respond to a bunch of PMs. No, let's be open and transparent.

I challenge Laurel: Come to these forums and address the writers who have made you your living. Listen to them with respect. If your positions are defensible, then defend them. But don't hide. Come here and let's discuss things openly.

hmmn, so either windar's posted a bunch of stories in a relatively short time (4 months) or is back under a new username. Visiting the Author's forum, they're saying what a crappy site is out of one side of their mouth while saying how happy with the consistency and level of their ratings. 🙃

hmmn, so either windar's posted a bunch of stories in a relatively short time (4 months) or is back under a new username. Visiting the Author's forum, they're saying what a crappy site is out of one side of their mouth while saying how happy with the consistency and level of their ratings. 🙃

Are you Laurel? Then let's have the discusion. If not, then I have been told it's not worth discussing with you. In fact, it was you who said that.

Come on Laurel, stop hiding and come and talk with those who provide you what you sell...

So a poem I wrote on Ukraine was rejected. That’s fine, but it’s the weak sauce reasoning and poorly worded response by Literotica I feel compelled to object to:

“In response to overwhelming feedback from readers (who have expressed that they are feeling bombarded by the constant political news, and have requested that Lit remain somewhere they can relax and refresh), we have decided at this time not to publish partisan political articles or anything related directly to current political events.”

Basically Literotica speak for "we want the wankers to be able to wank in

I don't write poetry but would like to try it at some point. But I'm fairly active on Twitter and there's a great supportive, writers' community over there. If getting your poem read is the main goal, I'd suggest trying over there. And there's a TON of political, and Ukraine topics over there, so it would probably not be an issue.

I agree with the OP. It's a stupid rule. I've had several works turned away, for being sensitive subjects. It's not like the site has a whole forum dedicated to allowing fanatics to shout hateful rhetoric at eachother. It's bad enough to have to wait 2 and a half weeks to get a poem published, but to get it bounced back for such a flimsy reason. Yeah Laural can do what she wants, but it doesn't make it any less bullshit.

I don't write poetry but would like to try it at some point. But I'm fairly active on Twitter and there's a great supportive, writers' community over there. If getting your poem read is the main goal, I'd suggest trying over there. And there's a TON of political, and Ukraine topics over there, so it would probably not be an issue.
Twitter can be pretty toxic. More the art than poetry, right now. The whole reason I joined the site(Lit), was they had art, erotica, and poetry. Now their letting 2 die, for the sake of the stronger 1.

Lit gets it right 99% of the time. It's a pain for an individual when one falls into the 1%. But do not expect change from a place run on a shoestring budget. Time to move on.

Back