Pentagon can't account for $8.5 Trillion

I call bullshit. That number is way to high.

agreed.

It's basically like saying every dime the military spent during that time period was doled out of the petty cash tin in someones desk drawer.

I am not surprised that no one person understands where it all went, but it was (mostly) paid by check/electronic transaction, a few hundred pallets of Benjamins misplaced in Iraq aside..

And who really keeps track of/really misses the odd billion in stray federal reserve notes?

The military launders money for every agency, to hide the spending.

They probably just left it in an old field jacket or something. It'll turn up the next time they do laundry.

Which means that they can't account for $8.5 trillion.

If you're given $10,000 for operating expenses and the person who provided the cash asks you what you spent it on and you can't tells them, exactly, nor can you provide accurate records, but rather make some shit up.

You can't account for the money.

Operative word is WON"T, not Can't

Look around and see the aircraft carriers, planes, soldiers in uniform and you can see where it went, they just don't want to spend the money making a silly little list of how much for each little item

Jenn...please explain what Obama, your fearless leader, has to do with this.

It started in 1996...a tad before his time

Look around and see the aircraft carriers, planes, soldiers in uniform and you can see where it went, they just don't want to spend the money making a silly little list of how much for each little item

A "silly little list"?

We're talking about half the national debt, which is the thing that the wingnuts have been complaining about non-stop since Obama took office.

A "silly little list"?

We're talking about half the national debt, which is the thing that the wingnuts have been complaining about non-stop since Obama took office.

Which at this point doesn't matter. We've looked it up and the reality is that this is because nobody filed the paper work for the last decade and a half. . .for anything. Stupid yeah but the world will still be here tommorow. It is as they say the liberal bullshit.

Too bad that "silly little list" is required, and the military has been faking the numbers. They do need to answer to those who allocate their funding. "Won't" is not really an option.

We are talking roughly HALF of the national debt.

if you spent less time on GB, then maybe you could get a job UD and get off welfare?

Too bad that "silly little list" is required, and the military has been faking the numbers. They do need to answer to those who allocate their funding. "Won't" is not really an option.

We are talking roughly HALF of the national debt.

Maybe Mr Obama should stop all further military expenditures untill they file and accounting return...that would teach the fuckers.

Who started that shit anyway...96 was before Obama, it was before Bush too, who was it that started letting get away with that crap.

Just remember, its only half the national debt over 17 years, and likely only about .5% is really wasted, which I would consider acceptable considering the size of the military. It would be very difficult to make a system like that efficient.

They could start proper accounting now but to go back and figure out what went wrong for 17 years would cost more than it saves.

Maybe Mr Obama should stop all further military expenditures untill they file and accounting return...that would teach the fuckers.

Who started that shit anyway...96 was before Obama, it was before Bush too, who was it that started letting get away with that crap.

Just remember, its only half the national debt over 17 years, and likely only about .5% is really wasted, which I would consider acceptable considering the size of the military. It would be very difficult to make a system like that efficient.

They could start proper accounting now but to go back and figure out what went wrong for 17 years would cost more than it saves.

ONLY half the national debt over 17 years... So if we cut their funding, we'd take care of a significant portion of the debt.

Unless you don't care about the debt.

Wingnuts need to start being consistent, which I realize is difficult for them.

Which at this point doesn't matter. We've looked it up and the reality is that this is because nobody filed the paper work for the last decade and a half. . .for anything. Stupid yeah but the world will still be here tommorow. It is as they say the liberal bullshit.

If I don't file for almost 20 years, I'd go to prison for income tax evasion... A government agency does it with half the national debt, and some people better be going to jail.

ONLY half the national debt over 17 years... So if we cut their funding, we'd take care of a significant portion of the debt.

Growing up on welfare really broke u mentally ... sad!

What are you talking about.

half the debt is 8 trillion, so the debt is 16 trillion.

This 8 trillion is over 17 years, 500 billion a year, of which maybe half a percent could be more efficient, which would likely cost 1%

Now, what portion of the debt are you planning on taking care of if they file an accounting of expenditures.

Its all silliness...UD wanted to shock and awe...well she certainly got you

What are you talking about.

half the debt is 8 trillion, so the debt is 16 trillion.

This 8 trillion is over 17 years, 500 billion a year, of which maybe half a percent could be more efficient, which would likely cost 1%

Now, what portion of the debt are you planning on taking care of if they file an accounting of expenditures.

Its all silliness...UD wanted to shock and awe...well she certainly got you

Let me slow it down: Half to the national debt is un-accounted for.

That is not acceptable in any way, shape, or form, unless you're a rampant apologist, and goose step your way through life.

That is not acceptable in any way, shape, or form, unless you're a rampant apologist, and goose step your way through life.

You're right there, but every president for the last 17 years has let them get away with it.

And, looking at all the bombs that have been dropped in the last 17 years, I would hardly say unaccounted for:D

You're right there, but every president for the last 17 years has let them get away with it.

And, looking at all the bombs that have been dropped in the last 17 years, I would hardly say unaccounted for:D

So half the national debt being un-accounted for isn't a problem, because people being bombed is somehow funny to you?

I think that might speak to lack of character more than anything else.

So half the national debt being un-accounted for isn't a problem, because people being bombed is somehow funny to you?

I agreed that it was a problem, but pointed out that its easy to see that the money was spent...bombing people is never funny.

Whats hard to see is the 10 billion dollar loss in that other thead about GM...now that needs accounting for

If I don't file for almost 20 years, I'd go to prison for income tax evasion... A government agency does it with half the national debt, and some people better be going to jail.

You're not a government agency. You're an individual. And realistically the IRS wouldn't bother you unless you were making decent money anyway but that's not the point.

It's not really unnacounted for which is why nobody really cares. It went to the military over a period of 17 years. It would be great if they filed their paperwork properly but that's a lot of paperwork from a lot of people who don't communicate with each other.

I guess but if it's lack of character it speaks to the lack of character of everybody who has so much as run for office in the last two decades. So we either open a lottery where the unlucky fucks have to serve in government for x years or we accept that this is small potatoes and we have actual problems. Hell if you want to cut the debt and deficit pull a nother sequester style cut on the military. It doesn't matter what they spend their 500 billion a year on, just give them 475 and let them figure it out.

Back