Pentagon can't account for $8.5 Trillion

Ulaven_Demorte

Non-Prophet Organization
A recent investigation has revealed that the Pentagon has failed to account for $8.5 trillion dollars of taxpayer money Congress has allocated toward the U.S. Department of Defense since 1996.
According to the report, out from Reuters, the Pentagon has routinely cooked its books by failing to supply a clear monthly account of the money spent for Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS).

Via Reuters.

Sweet.

For perspective, that pretty much exactly half the US national debt.

So with 8.5 trillion in a black budget what are they preparing for?

An alien invasion?

An asteroid hit?

What are they not telling us?

With that kind of money wouldn't all the generals and the high ups in the Defense Dept own most of the East Coast by now?

With that kind of money wouldn't all the generals and the high ups in the Defense Dept own most of the East Coast by now?

That's a rather naive statement.

The military industrialists are making money hand over fist too.

The money was used to cover up major screw ups by black, gay, and female personnel.

The money was used to cover up major screw ups by black, gay, and female personnel.

That sounds about right. Just look at this gay, black, and female person! They certainly screwed up a lot.

bush-and-mission-accomplished-0ee0197c9068642f65bd7fcbbc6c2b8fdf75e8ed-s6-c30.jpg

Hmmmm, I work for an acquisition command. They think they are an engineering command, but that's debatable. Anyhoots, the money is not like it used to be, trust me. And, because of the wind down in the "wars", we have moved away from sole source contracting to Multiple Award Contracting, so the pie is cut up even further.

JAJ doesn't like to get all factual and stuff.
:cool:

Still one big pie no matter how you slice it, no?

Great news.................now how can we spin it so that it's Obama's fault?

Woof!

That's a rather naive statement.

The military industrialists are making money hand over fist too.

I would think money paid to industrialists would be what is accounted for.

Its the money that they have in their pockets that can't be accounted for.

Or money spent on super secret missions that they don't want anybody to know about

No doubt, but, $8.5 trillion worth?! They could've just bought Afghanistan for that!

$500 billion a year...not so much when you break it down.

Really though, its just accounting, government accounting.

Edited

Well shit...I bothered to read it...its all bullshit sent by a lib to shock and awe

Last edited:
I would think money paid to industrialists would be what is accounted for.

Its the money that they have in their pockets that can't be accounted for.

Or money spent on super secret missions that they don't want anybody to know about

There's a lot of stupid in there, canuck.

Read the article....its the whole budget for the time indicated.

Its unaccounted for because they didn't file accounting with congress to look over like they are supposed to.

Like I said, liberal shock and awe over nothing

Back