Over 63 million abortions have occurred in the US since Roe v. Wade decision in 1973

SugarDaddy1

Literotica Guru
More than 63 million abortions are estimated to have taken place in the U.S. since the Supreme Court's 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling that granted federal protections to women seeking to terminate their pregnancies, according to one analysis.

The National Right to Life Committee (NRLC), the nation's oldest pro-life organization, estimates that 63,459,781 abortions have taken place since 1973. That estimate was gathered by tracking data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Guttmacher Institute, which previously served as a research arm of the nation's preeminent abortion provider, Planned Parenthood.

Most women who got an abortion in 2014 were low income, with 49% having an income at or below the poverty line (which was $11,000 for an individual that year) and 26% with an income of twice the poverty line or less, according to a 2016 Guttmacher study. Most women who obtained abortions were in their 20s (60%), and about a third were in their 30s.

Compared to the demographics of the whole U.S. population, Black women were "substantially overrepresented" among those obtaining abortions in 2014, Guttmacher said. Thirty-nine percent of women who obtained abortions in 2014 were White, while 28% were Black, 25% were Hispanic, and 6% were Asian or Pacific islander.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/abortions-since-roe-v-wade

Great, now tell us how many appendectomies have occurred.

How about Vasectomys? Just think how many births were avoided by men getting Vasectomys....hell if every male coming of age in the US had one, abortions would never be needed....

How about Vasectomys? Just think how many births were avoided by men getting Vasectomys....hell if every male coming of age in the US had one, abortions would never be needed....
And every single sperm inside the person is a soul

Who would have taken care of all those children? Their mothers did not want them. I doubt many anti abortion people would have adopted any.
The answer would have to be the state. So there you have it. Conservatives are all for the welfare state after all.

The number of abortions in the USA has fallen every year since 1980 when it was twice what it is now. Black women seek abortion at 3 times the rate of white women and Hispanic women at 2.5 times the rate of white women. The primary reason given by all groups to the CDC for seeking abortions is poverty.

If poverty is your measure, why is race your focus? ¯\(°_o)/¯

so over 50 years 63 million abortions

if we assume that roughly half of those were potential child-bearing humans, that's 31.5 million potential baby producers

if we knock off 1.5 million for those who choose not to reproduce, or cannot get pregnant or bring a baby to term, or deliver still-borns, that leaves 30 million.

if each of those 30 million have 2 to 3 children each (leaving aside outliers of those generally rather pale, religious types who like to birth 10 or so babies), some becoming grandparents with reproducing grandchildren, that takes the American population up a few notches. But that's okay, because food-insecurity, poverty, disease, lack of social care might drop that number by several million, which'd lead to may an additional 60-80 million USAuns

aren't there are enough babies being born already?

if the anti-abortionists were serious about dissolving the need for abortion, they'd make sure every person of child-creating age was fully aware of sex education and fully capable of accessing safe and protective birth control.

It's obvious you aren't focused on race, as of 2016 56% of abortions in America are black and Hispanic women? In 2016 over 354,000 in those two demographics alone. Among white women a majority bigger than both already mentioned, the number for that year was almost 127,000. So, there is a racial aspect to the issue.

so over 50 years 63 million abortions

if we assume that roughly half of those were potential child-bearing humans, that's 31.5 million potential baby producers

if we knock off 1.5 million for those who choose not to reproduce, or cannot get pregnant or bring a baby to term, or deliver still-borns, that leaves 30 million.

if each of those 30 million have 2 to 3 children each (leaving aside outliers of those generally rather pale, religious types who like to birth 10 or so babies), some becoming grandparents with reproducing grandchildren, that takes the American population up a few notches. But that's okay, because food-insecurity, poverty, disease, lack of social care might drop that number by several million, which'd lead to may an additional 60-80 million USAuns

aren't there are enough babies being born already?

if the anti-abortionists were serious about dissolving the need for abortion, they'd make sure every person of child-creating age was fully aware of sex education and fully capable of accessing safe and protective birth control.
Yes, I know it's sad but they were all "women.":rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's obvious you aren't focused on race, as of 2016 56% of abortions in America are black and Hispanic women? In 2016 over 354,000 in those two demographics alone. Among white women a majority bigger than both already mentioned, the number for that year was almost 127,000. So, there is a racial aspect to the issue.
Yes, you are focused on race....I already said that. And no, I'm not focused on race, this is true.

Fun fact - a uterus isn't dependent on race or even poverty lines.

63 million abortions have happened and you don't care. Practically no "pro-lifer" gives a rat's ass for the life of any fetus. It's just a culture-war issue to fight.

The right wing has never done more to discourage heterosexuality and to promote sodomy, especially among youth and those over forty.

63 million abortions have happened and you don't care. Practically no "pro-lifer" gives a rat's ass for the life of any fetus. It's just a culture-war issue to fight.
So, you've personally interviewed them all, right?

I am presuming that you were replying to my post (10); that is not clear. However, my response is that race and poverty are facts, facts which neither side of the debate wants to deal with.

My personal opinion is democratic/libertarian. Folks should get over their obsession with women's bodies and leave it to individual women to make their own decisions.

PS. I like facts, especially awkward facts.:)

I am presuming that you were replying to my post (10); that is not clear. However, my response is that race and poverty are facts, facts which neither side of the debate wants to deal with.

My personal opinion is democratic/libertarian. Folks should get over their obsession with women's bodies and leave it to individual women to make their own decisions.

PS. I like facts, especially awkward facts.:)
Abortion doesnt require a race.

So focusing on race means you want everyone else to focus on race rather than abortion.

Good luck.

So what?

That's a non sequitur argument! you know it and I know it! You're deflecting from the facts.
Deflecting from what facts? OP says there were over 63 million abortions since 1973. No one disputed that number. 74 asked him to check on how many appendectomies have been done since 73. I asked him how many vasectomies.

Its not deflection in a post about numbers of X.

I get your opposed to a woman having control over "her" body. But our two questions are not deflections, we are just asking the statistician to provide the number of X, to our questions.

Back