Wondering about times of ‘pending’?

I've had a couple that took 5 or 6 days. I went back to see if I did not finish the submission process. But it was being posted the the next day. That has been rare.

When you submit your first few stories, it WILL take longer.
Laurel does a more thorough screening.
After, she gets to know you, your writing style, etc, your stories get approved much faster.
FOR ME.....that's all I can say, it takes about 2 days at most anymore.

You have to remember, that Laurel is only 1 person and can only do so much.
I know it's hard but be patient.
She gets to stories and PMs when she can.

I have one sitting at 10 days (I don't recall revising it).

Another sitting at 7 days, but that got sent back for being less than 750 words (my editor cut a few words I didn't catch). I revised it right away, but I didn't track the resubmission, so that may be at 4 or 5 days. I'm not in a hurry, but the one sitting in Pending for 10 days with no comment or send-back has me concerned. I'm new (little more than a month, 11 stories published) so I accept a wait-time a little longer than usual. But most of my earlier stories were usually done in 3-4 days.

The 10 day story is (yet another) February Sucks follow-on. Think maybe Laurel is sending me a subtle message that we need to stop those? :)

It's been well over a week, but then again it is my first story and also it is illustrated so maybe I did something wrong with the format? (If that's the case, I would appreciate any feedback, so I can fix it.)
Anyway, I'll just remain patient for now.

It's been well over a week, but then again it is my first story and also it is illustrated so maybe I did something wrong with the format? (If that's the case, I would appreciate any feedback, so I can fix it.)
Illustrated will take much longer. Plan on at least a month.

Illustrated stories get processed in batches, I believe. They used to go up once a month, but there may be longer gaps now.

Whatever you do, don't pull it back to Draft, because you'll go to the end of the queue. Patience is essential, if you're publishing illustrated stories.

And I hope, for your sake (noting your account name), that you're not using AI in either your text or your images, because if you are, you might as pull it back and forget it, because it won't get published here, not with the site's current policies wrt AI.

I have one sitting at 10 days (I don't recall revising it).

Another sitting at 7 days, but that got sent back for being less than 750 words (my editor cut a few words I didn't catch). I revised it right away, but I didn't track the resubmission, so that may be at 4 or 5 days. I'm not in a hurry, but the one sitting in Pending for 10 days with no comment or send-back has me concerned. I'm new (little more than a month, 11 stories published) so I accept a wait-time a little longer than usual. But most of my earlier stories were usually done in 3-4 days.

The 10 day story is (yet another) February Sucks follow-on. Think maybe Laurel is sending me a subtle message that we need to stop those? :)

There is definitely something going on with submissions. Most of my stories (over 100 now) are published in two days. I submitted one that took over a week and when I messaged Laurel it got published the next day. I recently submitted a 2nd chapter to the story that was lingering in pending for 10 days. I submitted a different story that got published in 2 days while the other one was still lingering in pending.

I left the story in pending and submitted it again with a note to the administrator. Nothing happened. I just deleted the story that has been pending for over 2 weeks and I'll resubmit it after Christmas.

There is definitely a glitch that is affecting a small number of submissions. It has nothing to do with the number of submissions to Literotica or being patient. There's a glitch and when you bring it to Laurel's attention it might get fixed or it might not.

There is definitely something going on with submissions. Most of my stories (over 100 now) are published in two days. I submitted one that took over a week and when I messaged Laurel it got published the next day. I recently submitted a 2nd chapter to the story that was lingering in pending for 10 days. I submitted a different story that got published in 2 days while the other one was still lingering in pending.

I left the story in pending and submitted it again with a note to the administrator. Nothing happened. I just deleted the story that has been pending for over 2 weeks and I'll resubmit it after Christmas.

There is definitely a glitch that is affecting a small number of submissions. It has nothing to do with the number of submissions to Literotica or being patient. There's a glitch and when you bring it to Laurel's attention it might get fixed or it might not.

“Glitch”= Computer says ‘No’?
I have no idea what the problem is. Both times, I would submit the story on a Tuesday, for example, and then Literotica would say I submitted it on Wednesday. That doesn't happen when my stories normally get published in a couple of days. The funny thing is it happened to the first chapter of the same story and again when I submitted the second chapter.

I have no idea what the problem is. Both times, I would submit the story on a Tuesday, for example, and then Literotica would say I submitted it on Wednesday. That doesn't happen when my stories normally get published in a couple of days. The funny thing is it happened to the first chapter of the same story and again when I submitted the second chapter.

Well , you can’t knock your head against a wall…. Things are just what they are. It is just as it is.. and we can not change it. You have done all you can. Soon holidays…take a break

Mine did that too, reset after 24 hrs. Never seen it do that without me editing it.

Back