Can you resist?

I use Libre Office and it catches many of the errors.

I had a chapter of a story all queued up to publish*, the date set and everything. I think ā€œjust one more getting my phone to read it to me in the carā€ā€¦

1. A duplicate ā€œto toā€
  2. A ā€œstaredā€ instead of ā€œstartedā€
  3. A ā€œyouā€ instead of ā€œyourā€
And I just canā€™t be Elsa and let it go. I have to fix them. So now back in pending purgatory.

I wrote and apologized to Laurel for messing up her process. But I just couldnā€™t let it be published knowing about errors.

Of course everything I have ever published has errors. But known ones? *shudder*

Is it just me?

Em

* Iā€™m not officially off writing hiatus, just got inspired by someone and had to write

I use Libre Office and it catches many of the errors.
I used O365 (or whatever Microsoft is calling it now) Word on my iPhone. It doesnā€™t have the same features as the PC one. But I like to keep my sex stuff just on the ā€˜phone, where I do all my writing.

Em

I'm always amazed that people write on their phones. I do as little as possible on my phone. But then my issue might just be that my thumbs are too big for the little phone keyboard - I make more typos than not that way.

The typos do make me cringe, if I'm reading what I've already submitted. I haven't yet called a pending one back, but I wouldn't put it past me.

I'm always amazed that people write on their phones. I do as little as possible on my phone. But then my issue might just be that my thumbs are too big for the little phone keyboard - I make more typos than not that way.

The typos do make me cringe, if I'm reading what I've already submitted. I haven't yet called a pending one back, but I wouldn't put it past me.
I have small hands.

Em

I have small hands.

Em

tumblr_mmujj7JUUe1soikero1_500.gif

Do you do any voice to text? Given your story length I am in awe. Cute new avatar
No. I just write. I keep meaning to get a Lit-only laptop. But always other priorities for expenditure.

And the phone is convenient, though I could use OneDrive across both.

Em

No. I just write. I keep meaning to get a Lit-only laptop. But always other priorities for expenditure.

And the phone is convenient, though I could use OneDrive across both.

Em
If you kept it on one drive then there should be no record on the laptop. Use the phone for browsing and look up.

I do read aloud. But itā€™s normally in the car. Sometimes I miss stuff šŸ˜¬.

Em
There's your problem. The true value of Read Aloud is in watching the highlight jump from word to word. It can be like watching paint dry - I know, I do it professionally so for me it's usually several times a day. But in nearly 25 years of editing and proofreading, I've not come across anything as helpful for the final quality check.

Yeah I use OneDrive for this stuff, so my smuttier writing isn't saved on the hard drive.
Um, careful with that. OneDrive works differently than a mapped drive like on a file server. It's a syncing service, not a remote drive.

If there's a little green checkmark beside a file in your OneDrive folder, it absolutely is on your hard drive. Every time you make a change a copy is synced from hard drive to "the cloud" (and vice versa). You can highlight a file and pick "free up space" from the right-click menu to temporarily make it cloud only, but next time you open the file, a copy is downloaded to your hard drive again.

There's your problem. The true value of Read Aloud is in watching the highlight jump from word to word. It can be like watching paint dry - I know, I do it professionally so for me it's usually several times a day. But in nearly 25 years of editing and proofreading, I've not come across anything as helpful for the final quality check.
I agree. But itā€™s has to fit it in around my work and personal life.

Em

Last edited:
Um, careful with that. OneDrive works differently than a mapped drive like on a file server. It's a syncing service, not a remote drive.

If there's a little green checkmark beside a file in your OneDrive folder, it absolutely is on your hard drive. Every time you make a change a copy is synced from hard drive to "the cloud" (and vice versa). You can highlight a file and pick "free up space" from the right-click menu to temporarily make it cloud only, but next time you open the file, a copy is downloaded to your hard drive again.
I don't use the account that's synced with my hard drive. I use the cloud storage.

It's more convenient than using one of my laptops. I also use OneDrive, so I could write on a tablet I had, too. Buutt me and a guy broke it by accidentally having sex on it.

It's more convenient than using one of my laptops. I also use OneDrive, so I could write on a tablet I had, too. Buutt me and a guy broke it by accidentally having sex on it.
I hope you were very stern with ā€œthe guyā€ breaking another guyā€™s tablet like that šŸ¤£.

Em

Back